Bad experience with a seller. Really bad

beelzey

Has it just happened to me that a developer asked me for money through PayPal? Unfortunately we are still at the beginning, he does not listen, I have to repeat more than once before he understands my project. It is truly a nightmare to work with him, I can’t wait for him to give me something. He doesn’t keep his promises or even the times.

You know what to do then.

Asking for money outside the platform is an immediate ban for a seller. You can report the seller to Fiverr right now, and they will ban him. Ask for your money back too, and just hire someone else. Don’t lock yourself within a bad experience, get a refund and browse the market. As I said, asking for money outside Fiverr or working outside Fiverr is an immediate ban for any Fiverr seller.

Did you actually place on order ON Fiverr with this seller OR did the seller and you just message each other and they tried to lure you to just pay them through PP without placing an order ON Fiverr?

If this seller did mention paying him through PP, you need to report them to Fiverr. If you did pay them off site and did not place an order on Fiverr, you do not have any of the safeguards Fiverr provides to buyers who may not have the best experience. If you did pay them offsite, this is probably why they are being flaky now - and, if there is no order ON Fiverr, there is no delivery time they have to meet - no clock.

I would report this seller WITH the messages asking to just go through PP if this is the case.

GG

You know what to do then.

Asking for money outside the platform is an immediate ban for a seller. You can report the seller to Fiverr right now, and they will ban him. Ask for your money back too, and just hire someone else. Don’t lock yourself within a bad experience, get a refund and browse the market. As I said, asking for money outside Fiverr or working outside Fiverr is an immediate ban for any Fiverr seller.

Thank you 🙏 Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it, by the way, only I happen to have any doubts about the reviews? I mean there may be a possibility that they are fake

Thank you 🙏 Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it, by the way, only I happen to have any doubts about the reviews? I mean there may be a possibility that they are fake

I happen to have any doubts about the reviews?

Sadly there are sites on FB where unscrupulous sellers exchange or even buy reviews. However, once you report the seller for asking to be paid through PP their account will be gone, as such a seller’s account should be.

When contacting CS it is best to send a screenshot of the conversation where your seller asked for that payment. You can email CS at support@Fiverr.com.

Did you actually place on order ON Fiverr with this seller OR did the seller and you just message each other and they tried to lure you to just pay them through PP without placing an order ON Fiverr?

If this seller did mention paying him through PP, you need to report them to Fiverr. If you did pay them off site and did not place an order on Fiverr, you do not have any of the safeguards Fiverr provides to buyers who may not have the best experience. If you did pay them offsite, this is probably why they are being flaky now - and, if there is no order ON Fiverr, there is no delivery time they have to meet - no clock.

I would report this seller WITH the messages asking to just go through PP if this is the case.

GG

Thanks I paid on Fiverr and I still have not received anything despite the deadline, I paid via PayPal because he begged me and told me that he needed the money. I was naive, now if it doesn’t do the job I’ll never get that money back

Thanks I paid on Fiverr and I still have not received anything despite the deadline, I paid via PayPal because he begged me and told me that he needed the money. I was naive, now if it doesn’t do the job I’ll never get that money back

You can dispute transaction on Paypal regardless to whom it is for.

A lot of people are using Paypal as payment option and Paypal has ways of protecting buyers and sellers.

So you paid on Fiverr AND separately on PayPal? I am a bit confused.

If you have an OPEN order on Fiverr that is LATE how late is it? If it is VERY LATE, you have the ability to cancel the order and the seller will get a 1 star review with the text: Buyer cancelled order; seller failed to deliver on time" automatically. This will hurt their listing here, because, not only did you hit them with a cancellation (their completed orders analytic) but also a negative review.

As for any money you sent the guy outside of Fiverr through PayPal, did you send it as “Friends and Family” OR “Goods and Services”?

If you sent money as “Friends and Family” you cannot get a refund from PayPal, but if you sent it the second way (Goods and Services), you can file a claim with PayPal that you did not receive what you ordered. That would be through PayPal though, NOT Fiverr. Only money you spent through your Fiverr account can be returned to you if the seller does not deliver.

GG

There might be fake reviews, I don’t know. As @vickiespencer said, a lot of people try to game the system and unfortunately they end up getting orders… It’s unfortunate, because there are a lot of genuine, professional freelancers still waiting for the first order.

Reporting the PayPal-related message or going to customer support is the way to go here. Once they see the issue, they will take action.

As for you paying via PayPal, you can try to dispute the payment. However, if it was sent via Friends and Family, then that’s not refundable as far as I know.

There might be fake reviews, I don’t know. As @vickiespencer said, a lot of people try to game the system and unfortunately they end up getting orders… It’s unfortunate, because there are a lot of genuine, professional freelancers still waiting for the first order.

Reporting the PayPal-related message or going to customer support is the way to go here. Once they see the issue, they will take action.

As for you paying via PayPal, you can try to dispute the payment. However, if it was sent via Friends and Family, then that’s not refundable as far as I know.

Thanks guys, I don’t know how to thank you

You can start a ticket by writing to: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Did you pay the guy outside of Fiverr too? Did you do it via Friends and Family or Goods and Services?

GG

Avoid paying people via PayPal. It’s against the Fiverr rules. If you see any request, report them to Fiverr. That’s the best way to thank us, via getting rid of unscrupulous people and keeping the marketplace clean 🙂

Has it just happened to me that a developer asked me for money through PayPal? Unfortunately we are still at the beginning, he does not listen, I have to repeat more than once before he understands my project. It is truly a nightmare to work with him, I can’t wait for him to give me something. He doesn’t keep his promises or even the times.

I can’t wait for him to give me somethin

Don’t wait, just report them. It is against ToS asking for money throughout a payment method outside of Fiverr.

Sad…, but it’s true.

There are retired Seller who sold their leveled account at FB.

This kind of people definetly need to be banned from fiverr.

It’s easy to dispute the payment on PayPal.

Just be prepared to produce some screenshot evidence.

But you keep saying the money you paid via PayPal is gone.

I’m wondering if you’ve left out a detail or two in this story.

Did you file a PayPal dispute?

Did you report the Seller to Fiverr?

If you answer is “NO” to both of those questions, what are you waiting for?

If he sent via the Friends and Family system, then he can’t dispute anything. This system is not offering any refunds. And I am pretty sure the seller most likely encouraged him to do this in order to save fees.

If he sent via the Friends and Family system, then he can’t dispute anything. This system is not offering any refunds. And I am pretty sure the seller most likely encouraged him to do this in order to save fees.

Donnovan Small update: he sent me a video (given the expiration) of an app that is not mine. Maybe he did it to get the money. If I cancel everything I fear that I will never see my $ 400 PayPal data again. Now his grandmother is dead, which is why he didn’t answer for two days. What I do?

Beyond that, in a month he showed me a couple of screenshots of my app. The biggest problem for me is that I gave it all the directions for how it should be done and did an epic job of explaining myself. Guys, this is becoming a nightmare for me.

Donnovan Small update: he sent me a video (given the expiration) of an app that is not mine. Maybe he did it to get the money. If I cancel everything I fear that I will never see my $ 400 PayPal data again. Now his grandmother is dead, which is why he didn’t answer for two days. What I do?

I’m not saying this is the best way to handle the situation, but it is a way…

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. You could message the seller stating that unless they refund the money within 48 hours (for example) you will report their request to send money outside of Fiverr to customer support which will likely result in their Fiverr account being permanently suspended, meaning they will lose all their valuable feedback and therefore ability to attract new buyers in future.

It’s a gamble, but the chances are their ability to scam more people in future is worth more to them than just you. You then of course report them anyway (hopefully after you’ve received your money back) in order to protect others.

As I mentioned, I’m not saying it’s the best way, but it’s a way…

Archived