Taking Fiverr Tests: helpful or not?

moonstaredits

Hello!

Some time ago when I was trying to make some tweaks here and there to my gigs to improve my SEO, I explored all things that can be explored on my profile. I found out some beta feature: Fiverr Tests.

It specified that if you took those tests, you could have a way to show potential buyers you’re qualified in X category.

Seemed interesting, so I took Spanish (and I’m a native speaker 😂

I kept taking more tests that were relevant to my services.

I can’t say if there was really a correlation between the tests results in my profile or because I changed MAJOR things in my book trailer gig then, but I received way more clicks and impressions than before. To this day, when my gig appears on search results, I have around 200 impressions and 10-15 clicks (only in that gig, the Canva templates gig doesn’t performs so good, and the other two were created today so I guess they’re not in the search results yet).

However this afternoon I tried to take the Analysis skill test and failed miserably 😂 Does someone know if that result is visible to buyers (or anyone who visits my profile)? Is taking tests and scoring good actually helpful to your gigs SEO or to your credibility as seller?

You can hide individual tests results I think.

By the way – this is probably my fourth time typing this so I will sum it up:

• Fiverr tests are not helpful at measuring any skill, so it’s hard to gauge an honest score among more sellers;
  • The server end where tests are administered is very unreliable. Fiverr says I’ve failed tests I never even clicked on;
  • Buyers don’t care about them;
  • They do not grant you anything at all due to the above, and also by nature. Spending time doing tests is just a pastime as it grants no extra orders, impressions, clicks or gig rankings.

I’ve taken a couple of Fiverr tests related to my niche and my scores were horrible due to a couple of questions on things I don’t deal with in my niche…so, I’ve never posted them.

Plus, as @mattboa has said, it’s doubtful that your test results will have much impact on getting work here.

You can hide individual tests results I think.

By the way – this is probably my fourth time typing this so I will sum it up:

• Fiverr tests are not helpful at measuring any skill, so it’s hard to gauge an honest score among more sellers;
  • The server end where tests are administered is very unreliable. Fiverr says I’ve failed tests I never even clicked on;
  • Buyers don’t care about them;
  • They do not grant you anything at all due to the above, and also by nature. Spending time doing tests is just a pastime as it grants no extra orders, impressions, clicks or gig rankings.

Maybe it’s still glitchy because they’re still going through beta testing. Fiverr doesn’t even promote the skill test feature enough yet due to that, I think. I don’t think scores match my level of expertise in some areas either. I have a more than decent knowledge of Photoshop, yet I got a very low score because I don’t know tools by name (and certainly not by their English name, as I use it in Spanish, my native language).

I don’t think buyers nor sellers will get to acknowledge the skill test feature until beta testing is done and Fiverr starts promoting it. I do think they are a way to showcase you have some basic knowledge of the concepts of what you do… Something not very helpful given that most of the times works here are based on practice and not on theories.

I’ve taken a couple of Fiverr tests related to my niche and my scores were horrible due to a couple of questions on things I don’t deal with in my niche…so, I’ve never posted them.

Plus, as @mattboa has said, it’s doubtful that your test results will have much impact on getting work here.

The thing with Fiverr is that is a vicious circle when you’re a newbie. You don’t get orders because you don’t have reviews and buyers don’t trust you, but you need orders to get reviews. Having attractive profile and gigs sometimes doesn’t even grants having sales (at least while you’re new at the platform), and tests are just another decoration for a —yet to be discovered— seller profile.

Archived