I became a Level 2 Seller in 6 months, here is what you REALLY need to know

the_mad_duck

On 4/8/2021 at 2:06 AM, the_mad_duck said:

Never go anywhere near the buyer requests. This is a time waste, and only stingy people looking for absurdly low prices for a ton of work use this section. Don’t even think of clicking it. Save yourself sanity and time.

I actually got my 3 orders from BR, although I’ve gotten buyers contact me from seeing my gig being seen from the search

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips im 18 years old, i created my account around 2017 and i started to get active fiverr to earn money and learn to be a good seller, i just got my 4order as new seller in one month of being active & does always changing my gig title or tags, description anything will it affect my ranking in SEO?

By the way your parents is really proud of you,guess our future generations will be not more miserable 😂

Thanks for the tips im 18 years old, i created my account around 2017 and i started to get active fiverr to earn money and learn to be a good seller, i just got my 4order as new seller in one month of being active & does always changing my gig title or tags, description anything will it affect my ranking in SEO?

By the way your parents is really proud of you,guess our future generations will be not more miserable 😂

???

What do you know about my parents? Have I been doxxed?

About Buyers Requests. They are a great tool for Buyers, are they useful for Sellers? This is not the issue. You are a professional. You must dedicate yourself to the Buyers and deliver the best result. Of course if the price range is what you deserve considering your skills and talent. Anyway, in the music categories I found many interesting projects, so it is not true that Buyers Requests are useless.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:19 PM, the_mad_duck said:

I don’t think anyone deserves to do 20 tracks for $5…

I know there are very strange requests, but there are also interesting projects. Not just in “producers” but also in “session musicians”, “sound design”, “jingles”, “mixing”.

You got me there on the semicolon!

Very useful tips. I guess the grind never gets easy here as well. Apart from trying on BR, I feel we don’t have many options as a new seller.

I have just joined; thank you so much!

Thank you for your post!

For the Buyer Request issue, I definitely understand where you’re coming from, but you can actually find some good buyers when you use discernment. My first buyers and reviews came from Buyer Requests, and they were all easy to work with because I put expectations up front.

As for the semicolon issue, I had not really thought of it being snobbish until now (more poetic and an easy way to avoid run-on sentences), and I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you!

Completely agree!

I check the buyers requests everyday. Sometimes I may send 1 or 2 messages but there can be days or weeks where I don’t send anything.

You just have to be very selective to avoid misconceptions and problems!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:47 AM, the_mad_duck said:

7. Be more chill. The most common demographic for Fiverr is young adults. You’re not going to receive orders from businessmen very high up (One of my common buyers literally uses “UwU” and “OwO” in his messages, I know.). You will always get orders from YouTubers, young entrepreneurs, content creators, etc. Don’t be crass or profane , but keep it chilled out. Nobody is going to like you if you use semicolons; semicolons scream sophistication and a stuck-up attitude. Level with the seller, and get a read on how they act and communicate. Mirror that personality, and make it seem like they are talking to themselves, but with talent.

That’s exactly how i got my first order! We became friends actually and he wants to order again. We have same attitude because I am a young person. He uses the common ‘lmao’ ‘lol’ ‘XD’ and a lot of emojis. You have to know the age to be ‘chill’ with them. Some wants professional speaker so make sure to know or recognize the age of the customer before getting too comfortable. By the way i started this gig for fun. Got my first order for a week. Thank you and very helpful thread @the_mad_duck nice choice of name XD

Haha, nice post, i almost never looked at forum before i became level 2 myself, but somehow managed to follow every single step from your text xD

Though im hardly getting any youtubers and such because of my working sphere, im cartographer, so if i was to write such, i would say that you’ll meet tons of nice people who know what they want and ready to pay fair price 😃 

Haha, nice post, i almost never looked at forum before i became level 2 myself, but somehow managed to follow every single step from your text xD

Though im hardly getting any youtubers and such because of my working sphere, im cartographer, so if i was to write such, i would say that you’ll meet tons of nice people who know what they want and ready to pay fair price 😃

Ah, cartography! Your service would be very useful, for I’m a rock climber and some areas are still uncharted! I may ask one day!

Ah, cartography! Your service would be very useful, for I’m a rock climber and some areas are still uncharted! I may ask one day!

Haha, it’s pretty filled actually, we all live in illustrations xD Me specifically live in fantasy cartography, sometimes i just cant believe how much people ready to spend for their DnD map e_e

Archived