Need Help - Unfortunate Situation

seotexter

Fiverr People, I need your help.

I’ve answered to a buyer request with a good explanation of my offer. The request had just a generic explanation of the future work he wants to do with a writer. Because of my inexperience with the platform, I just typed $5 for the request to send out my answer. There was no option to not type the amount, but the buyer didn’t want to work right away. He just explained the project and wanted to get replies.

The buyer was also describing in his request that he’s new to the platform. The further stated that the final price had to be confirmed after the conversation.

After I’ve sent him my message and entered the $5 as a placeholder, he accepted my answer. He didn’t want to get the gig started, nor do I, but the only way to get in contact was for him to accept my placeholder offer.

We had a pleasant conversation about his ideas and project. He’s going to send the details tomorrow, and we’ll talk about the pricing tomorrow as well.

But now I asked him to cancel the order because I knew it must have a negative effect on my profile. Unfortunately, I realized, I had only 24 hours for a project that included nothing.

He sent me the cancellation request and I accepted.

Here is the problem: Now I see That my Order Completion percentage went down to 50% 😦

It was all a misunderstanding and inexperience from both sides. We’re going to make the actual deal tomorrow.

Can you please help me out? I’m trying to build my profile positively.

What can I do to get the Order Completion percentage up again?

PS: I’ve only done 1 job so far so I’m new to the platform.

I’ve answered to a buyer request with a good explanation of my offer. The request had just a generic explanation of the future work he wants to do with a writer. Because of my inexperience with the platform, I just typed $5 for the request to send out my answer. There was no option to not type the amount, but the buyer didn’t want to work right away. He just explained the project and wanted to get replies.

The buyer was also describing in his request that he’s new to the platform. The further stated that the final price had to be confirmed after the conversation.

After I’ve sent him my message and entered the $5 as a placeholder, he accepted my answer. He didn’t want to get the gig started, nor do I, but the only way to get in contact was for him to accept my placeholder offer.

We had a pleasant conversation about his ideas and project. He’s going to send the details tomorrow, and we’ll talk about the pricing tomorrow as well.

But now I asked him to cancel the order because I knew it must have a negative effect on my profile. Unfortunately, I realized, I had only 24 hours for a project that included nothing.

Here is the problem: Now I see That my Order Completion percentage went down to 50% 😦

It was all a misunderstanding and inexperience from both sides. We’re going to make the actual deal tomorrow.

You could ask CS if they could make it not affect it but it might not be possible - it might be too late.

Because of my inexperience with the platform, I just typed $5 for the request to send out my answer.

You didn’t have to make $5 the placeholder. You could have made it a higher figure. You should also say what the offer is for. It shouldn’t really be a placeholder. If they don’t give enough info to send an offer you shouldn’t really send an offer.

but the only way to get in contact was for him to accept my placeholder offer.

That’s not correct. It’s easy for the buyer to contact the seller after the seller has sent an offer. They don’t need to accept the offer to contact the seller.

You could ask CS if they could make it not affect it but it might not be possible - it might be too late.

Because of my inexperience with the platform, I just typed $5 for the request to send out my answer.

You didn’t have to make $5 the placeholder. You could have made it a higher figure. You should also say what the offer is for. It shouldn’t really be a placeholder. If they don’t give enough info to send an offer you shouldn’t really send an offer.

but the only way to get in contact was for him to accept my placeholder offer.

That’s not correct. It’s easy for the buyer to contact the seller after the seller has sent an offer. They don’t need to accept the offer to contact the seller.

Alright, I didn’t know that. The buyer is new to the platform, so he probably doesn’t know that. Is there a way to contact that buyer without sending him an offer?

Or should I first have to have a completed order to contact him privately?

Alright, I didn’t know that. The buyer is new to the platform, so he probably doesn’t know that. Is there a way to contact that buyer without sending him an offer?

For Buyers request you don’t have a choice to send an offer. But you can mention in the offer that it’s only valid for X,Y and Z, and ask the buyer to contact you before accepting the offer so you can discuss the project. That’s what I was advise here and that currently what I’m doing right now.

I’m a little confuse about the situation, so I’m not sure if I’m answering correctly. If he accepted the placeholder offer, you should be able to contact him via the orders management tab. To contact the buyer via private message, the buyer have to message you first. You don’t have to complete the order to message the buyer.

I asked him to cancel the order because I knew it must have a negative effect on my profile.

So you really thought that being late with an order is better than cancellation?

Ok, so here are my 2 cents:

First of all I would advise you to read fiverr help page and watch free course on fiverr learn on how to be a successful seller where they describe how system works.

Secondly o don’t think fiverr will change your order completion ratio because it’s too late and order already cancelled. If you don’t have level then it will not affect you that much anyway.

Third, please learn all features of the platform, you could’ve just send a time extension or a custom offer on the order page to add right amount to your existing order.

Is there a way to contact that buyer without sending him an offer?

You aren’t allowed to contact a buyer by message unless they’ve contacted you first. If they’re not also a seller there’s no option to anyway.

No, there’s an option/link for the buyer to contact you after they’ve seen your offer (I’ve had buyers contact me after seeing my offers without/before ordering). It might be shown in the buyer help section somewhere.

or a custom offer on the order page to add right amount to your existing order.

I agree as long as it wouldn’t be “bait and switch” type thing.

eg. the community standards says we’re not allowed to:

Raise the price of your Gig service in personal messages before or after purchase.

Bait-and-switch marketing is not acceptable.

So the new offer would need to be for something different/something more than the original one

Archived