Well, it was a good run, but Fiverr is stupid

donaldfaulknor

So in Florida only ID human has is driving license? What do people who do not know how to drive or do not want to drive use as ID?

They would get a non-driver’s license. It’s basically the same thing. I have a non-driver’s license because of my epilepsy. I’m not in the same state, but I assume it’s the same there. But, I couldn’t get a non-driver’s license if I wanted to use my ID to drive anywhere.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No what he is describing is a standard development practice. It’s nothing fancy.

Exactly. Fiverr is the only place I know of that refuses to do manual verification (if necessary). I’ve been manually verified by Google. And I guarantee, Google has A LOT more people to deal with and a lot more stupid questions, but, they still took the time to have a live person manually verify me.

Google has A LOT more

money.

Comparing Fiverr with Google is like comparing a local restaurant with Mcdonalds.

They would get a non-driver’s license. It’s basically the same thing. I have a non-driver’s license because of my epilepsy. I’m not in the same state, but I assume it’s the same there. But, I couldn’t get a non-driver’s license if I wanted to use my ID to drive anywhere.

Well, in Florida, it’s illegal to own more than one form of state-issued identification. So, I have a driver’s license… I cannot legally have a state ID (non-driver’s license).

Google has A LOT more

money.

Comparing Fiverr with Google is like comparing a local restaurant with Mcdonalds.

Not quite, because they probably have a similar csr to customer ratio. Google has BILLIONS of users and only thousands of employees. Fiverr has MILLIONS of users and probably hundreds of employees (assuming). But, when you look at it that way, Google probably has a similar amount of people per customer service rep as Fiverr.

Google has A LOT more

money.

But, like I said, Fiverr is the ONLY place I know of that won’t manually verify. odesk (which is similar to Fiverr in a way) and is MUCH smaller than Google also verified my ID manually. In fact, I don’t even think they have systems in place to auto verify, so EVERY ID is manually verified.

For all it’s worth, my account was disabled for 2 weeks after I couldn’t verify my IDs, an issue with my iPhones and the verification system. I went through 2 different assistants until I asked the last one to speak to their manager so they could look into my problem. Two days after I asked them to move my ticket to a manager, I was verified.

Pull a Karen, you got nothing to lose but remember to keep civil.
I exchanged roughly 30 messages with them but never was disrespectful. Even when they constantly copy-pasted the same thing.

Here’s the link to my situation: Account disabled, multiple IDs sent and already contacted support

Hope it helps!

@erikawinter I already asked for a manager. They wouldn’t do that. I’ve contacted support 4 times and because they don’t have a way to manually verify, it’s 100% up to their automated systems.

Really? That’s… odd.

The assistant helping me last, Mark, was very friendly and understood how stressed I was which helped. He said he would pass it to another department which I assume he did since in the end I got verified.

Really? That’s… odd.

The assistant helping me last, Mark, was very friendly and understood how stressed I was which helped. He said he would pass it to another department which I assume he did since in the end I got verified.

image.png.3dd400aabf37475d4708a0b674e3597d.png
image726×495 39.3 KB
Here’s what happened when I asked for a supervisor. The same copied and pasted message. The “real” people are like robots repeating the same thing over and over again.

Here’s what happened when I asked for a supervisor. The same copied and pasted message. The “real” people are like robots repeating the same thing over and over again.

I had to ask twice. At first Mark said he would consider moving it to another department but after I asked again, he confirmed that he had done it.

Kindly ask Boris to please seek another department’s help or to check exactly why the verification isn’t accepting your ID. In my case it was that when I took a picture it was crisp but when it uploaded to the website it became incredibly fuzzy. There was nothing I could’ve done and I guess they understood that.

I had to ask twice. At first Mark said he would consider moving it to another department but after I asked again, he confirmed that he had done it.

Kindly ask Boris to please seek another department’s help or to check exactly why the verification isn’t accepting your ID. In my case it was that when I took a picture it was crisp but when it uploaded to the website it became incredibly fuzzy. There was nothing I could’ve done and I guess they understood that.

Yea, but one of the times you submitted, the automated system had to of worked since Fiverr can’t manually verify. I’m about to go get a passport, even though I don’t travel and don’t need one, just to verify my Fiverr account.

According to the automated system, my ID isn’t a supported type, but according to Fiverr and the community, it is.

Well, in Florida, it’s illegal to own more than one form of state-issued identification. So, I have a driver’s license… I cannot legally have a state ID (non-driver’s license).

Well, in Florida, it’s illegal to own more than one form of state-issued identification.

What? That is… what???

I mean, I get that you can’t have state-issued IDs from more than one state, so not more than one state’s state-issued ID… many states require surrendering a previous residency ID. But not permitting both a plain state-issued ID and a DL ID makes no sense. What about government jobs that require 3 forms of ID just to apply?

Well, in Florida, it’s illegal to own more than one form of state-issued identification.

What? That is… what???

I mean, I get that you can’t have state-issued IDs from more than one state, so not more than one state’s state-issued ID… many states require surrendering a previous residency ID. But not permitting both a plain state-issued ID and a DL ID makes no sense. What about government jobs that require 3 forms of ID just to apply?

Nope, you’re not allowed to. And you can have 3 forms of ID without having both a state ID and a Driver’s License.

Only the first form of ID must be state issued.

ID #2 can usually be a birth certificate and sometimes a social security card.

ID #3 can also be a birth certificate or social security card.

Only one ID for a government job has to be a picture ID.

Archived