Buyer want to have a zoom meeting for clarification of Requirement

salam337

I don’t understand why this thread is so full of misinformation. Before taking about Fiverr’s TOS, it would be great that you read it first. @imagination7413 catwriter frank_d @mateusbl etc: you might want to edit your post – if anyone should have their account banned, it is you – misinformation on this post has managed to stop countless gigs from happening, many fiverr’s have lost the opportunity to do gigs because of you.

I’ve got feedback from 2 fiverr’s that they decided not to pursue because they felt uncomfortable talking outside fiverr – after reading this post.

For your reference:

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Communicate like a Pro

Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success – better communication means better buyer satisfaction, better ratings, better revenue. Keep the following in mind when you’re working with your buyers:

Be proactive

• Answer questions quickly! Buyers usually contact more than one seller for information. The faster you reply, the more likely you are to convert that inquiry into a sale.
  • End each message with a question or other reason for your buyer to respond. Your messages should never leave a buyer wondering where they stand. End every message with a call to action. “Should I send you a custom offer?” “How does that sound?” “What do you think about XYZ?”

Notes:

• Receiving spam messages? Use the Report button at the bottom of the message, so it doesn’t affect your response rate.

*** Fiverr Pro sellers can call buyers to discuss order details (via ■■■■■, Hangouts, etc.). Just make sure to document your discussion within Fiverr.**

As mentioned, Pro Sellers are hand picked by Fiverr and are given unique features and privileges that all other sellers don’t have.

Tossing about who should or shouldn’t have their accounts banned for something they post on the forum is very reckless talk, especially from someone so new to the forum…

Unless the two Fiverr sellers were Pro rated, then they were in the right for not wanting to discuss with you off-platform, and you were in the wrong.

I don’t understand why this thread is so full of misinformation. Before taking about Fiverr’s TOS, it would be great that you read it first. @imagination7413 catwriter frank_d @mateusbl etc: you might want to edit your post – if anyone should have their account banned, it is you – misinformation on this post has managed to stop countless gigs from happening, many fiverr’s have lost the opportunity to do gigs because of you.

I’ve got feedback from 2 fiverr’s that they decided not to pursue because they felt uncomfortable talking outside fiverr – after reading this post.

For your reference:

Communicate like a Pro

Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success – better communication means better buyer satisfaction, better ratings, better revenue. Keep the following in mind when you’re working with your buyers:

Be proactive

• Answer questions quickly! Buyers usually contact more than one seller for information. The faster you reply, the more likely you are to convert that inquiry into a sale.
  • End each message with a question or other reason for your buyer to respond. Your messages should never leave a buyer wondering where they stand. End every message with a call to action. “Should I send you a custom offer?” “How does that sound?” “What do you think about XYZ?”

Notes:

• Receiving spam messages? Use the Report button at the bottom of the message, so it doesn’t affect your response rate.

*** Fiverr Pro sellers can call buyers to discuss order details (via ■■■■■, Hangouts, etc.). Just make sure to document your discussion within Fiverr.**

@dboris12

When you read something you need to also read the date. (December 2020).

At the moment this topic was made communication outside Fiverr was not allowed, except for certain services that include TeamViewer.

Fiverr was working on ZOOM integration and testing it with beta testers that got this option (only few sellers and all business buyers).

Now (March 2021) they finished testing and Zoom is available to all.

It was not allowed 3 months ago and if you used it or Twi ter or Vi ber or What sap you would get warning and ban.

@dboris12

When you read something you need to also read the date. (December 2020).

At the moment this topic was made communication outside Fiverr was not allowed, except for certain services that include TeamViewer.

Fiverr was working on ZOOM integration and testing it with beta testers that got this option (only few sellers and all business buyers).

It was not allowed 3 months ago and if you used it or Twi ter or Vi ber or What sap you would get warning and ban.

Is it? I only still ever had that option with a Fiverr Business buyer. Maybe it is only for certain web browsers?

Is it? I only still ever had that option with a Fiverr Business buyer. Maybe it is only for certain web browsers?

I had a regular of mine today that I delivered an order to, and he is not only a VID, but a Business account and in the messages section, it was encouraging me to have a video call with him.

So, those are the only type of buyers thus far I have been prompted to talk to via video. I do have on my Gigs where I can choose to do a live video or chat for a price as an option. Not sure everyone has that available on their Gigs?

GG

I had a regular of mine today that I delivered an order to, and he is not only a VID, but a Business account and in the messages section, it was encouraging me to have a video call with him.

So, those are the only type of buyers thus far I have been prompted to talk to via video. I do have on my Gigs where I can choose to do a live video or chat for a price as an option. Not sure everyone has that available on their Gigs?

GG

It doesn’t appear as a purchase upgrade option, at least for the categories I am in.

It doesn’t appear as a purchase upgrade option, at least for the categories I am in.

I wondered what categories or services would get this option? I do astrological readings, so maybe they thought it would be helpful to do them live? I have not taken advantage of or added this to my Gig though.

GG

For your reference:

Communicate like a Pro

Be proactive

Notes:

Hi there.

I’m not sure what you mean.

What misinformation?

If someone wants to “hop on a quick call” instead of writing a proper brief, avoid them like the plague.

People who find it cumbersome to outline the project by typing the requirements out in a way that another human being will read it and understand, are people who don’t understand effort nor do they recognize any value in other people’s work.

Everything for them during the project will be quick, easy and shouldn’t take too long for you to do.

Zoom can only be used by Pro sellers.

And even then, us Pro sellers know when there’s no point in using it.

That is so true. It happened to me a couple of times now and it’s always something that could’ve been avoided if the buyer would’ve actually taken the time to word out his requirements for the job. By hopping on a Zoom call the buyer essentially just pushes the work his to you - the seller - who now has to make something out of his/her ramblings.

I am all for providing more value than expected to a buyer but this puts such a constraint on your time and shows you that the buyer does not respect it. Who thinks that it’s fair to hop on a 20 min Zoom call before a $40 order? I don’t. I have done it in the past but I have learned from it and don’t do it again.

Edit: Whoops, the conversation moved on by now. Should check the dates of the comments next time instead of blindly hopping onto them. 😅

I was wondering because some of them also refer to other seller with whom they did the zoom meeting. As I was not sure, I just avoid using zoom. But they mentioned they did zoom meeting withh other seller.

At business clients you can also contact with buyer via zoom (I think only via text massages not a call) It appears to page order. Also fiver gives you instructions about.

It was visible at one of my latest orders -it was business buyer- but I didn’t used.

So I am wary of what I write.

For your reference:

Communicate like a Pro

Be proactive

Notes:

Is really crazy we came everyday to help other people, and they say nosense things… now i know why a lot of TOP sellers don’t came to the forum.

I’m not a member of the Fiverr Support… i’m not responsible of what you do!!! Stop make excuses… i can say for me i never will make communication outside of the Fiverr. Your link is about FIVERR PRO

It definitely looks like your work would benefit from video calling as you’ve shown with your own example. In that case I would recommend the following:

Firstly, contact Fiverr support and ask them. Explain that with other clients outside Fiverr, it helps to be able to screenshare and show/be shown the data etc. Maybe you could tell them that you would record the calls and post them in Fiverr Chat with the buyer in case Fiverr Support wants to check it later.

Probably also mention that you would start and deliver the projects through Fiverr and the calls would be strictly for screenshare and project discussion.

Assuming you get their go-ahead, you should be safe.

Anything other than a go-ahead from support will risk you getting your account banned.

Probably also mention that you would start and deliver the projects through Fiverr and the calls would be strictly for screenshare and project discussion.

Once the order is started, Fiverr has no problem with buyer/seller contact. But you’re stupid if you do have contact with a buyer outside of the Fiverr system because you have nothing on which to fall back if the deal goes south or the buyer claims something which never happened. “if it ain’t written down, it never happened” is a good rule of thumb to use in the real world – even better when used in virtual settings.

Once the order is started, Fiverr has no problem with buyer/seller contact. But you’re stupid if you do have contact with a buyer outside of the Fiverr system because you have nothing on which to fall back if the deal goes south or the buyer claims something which never happened. “if it ain’t written down, it never happened” is a good rule of thumb to use in the real world – even better when used in virtual settings.

But you’re stupid if you do have contact with a buyer outside of the Fiverr system because you have nothing on which to fall back if the deal goes south or the buyer claims something which never happened.

There’s no need for insults. Not all of us are naive enough to not document the discussion. That’s why I recommended that the communication outside Fiverr is recorded and posted into the Fiverr order/chat.

“if it ain’t written down, it never happened” is a good rule of thumb to use in the real world – even better when used in virtual settings.

At least we agree on something.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your valuable feedback. I would like to summarize my short-time Fiverr experience here related to the topic:

1. For those buyer who don’t want to write his/her project, I should avoid those clients for my own good and I am also doing this.
  2. It is not true that Calling is useless and everything can be describe in chat. I got a client with a quite big project, He ordered me on Fiverr, but after that we were facing trouble to express our ideas from both side. Then he shared his S K Y P E id with me and I screen shared what I’ve done and he gave feedback immediately. That become much more clear and I was able deliver my work with great client satisfaction. I respect the ToS, but we should agree that this is a limitation of Fiverr not to integrate calling system in Fiverr itself.
  3. For those who are saying that client is not paying me for calls: My experience says I need to spend more time in chat than in calls to clearly understand a project’s requirements.

Those are my feelings from these short 2 months experience in Fiverr and is not intended to hurt anyone’s feeling.

Thanks for your guidance…

I also missed my order of good amount just because i want to follow the TOS of fiverr and client wants to do Zoom meeting… and now i am depressed

Archived