GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

Hello guys, i've read this thread topic and its also currently happening to me, cant find my gig on the usual search term on the first page anymore, and got put back to 3rd or 4th page this past months. The problem is my gig performance keep decreasing in the last 3 or 4 months even though i always almost get 5 star on all the order and most cancellation are through Fiverr customer support because of the buyer problem which shouldnt affect my performance (they said). My gig is also in a saturated market and not a gig type that usually get repeat order or returning buyers. I really hope this end soon because this month (november) is the lowest month i got this year in term of number of order. Im actually a bit scared right now.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 13.58.26.png

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/26/2021 at 1:59 AM, mayaillustrator said:

I made a mistake of using this feature last Christmas as I had almost two deadlines a day for the entire month and just needed two days off for Christmas. Off course my January and February were catastrophic but still better than last few months. So go figure. It picked up again after about two months and never made that mistake again. 

I also use the out of office feature November last year for about a week, because i got C19, it was bad for my gig, and it feel like my gig hasnt grow since i use that feature. But i have no other choices that time. 😔

7 hours ago, gary513 said:

Hello guys, i've read this thread topic and its also currently happening to me, cant find my gig on the usual search term on the first page anymore, and got put back to 3rd or 4th page this past months. The problem is my gig performance keep decreasing in the last 3 or 4 months even though i always almost get 5 star on all the order and most cancellation are through Fiverr customer support because of the buyer problem which shouldnt affect my performance (they said). My gig is also in a saturated market and not a gig type that usually get repeat order or returning buyers. I really hope this end soon because this month (november) is the lowest month i got this year in term of number of order. Im actually a bit scared right now.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 13.58.26.png

You were getting 5000+ impressions a day, that's a lot, i never achieved that, even so, right now you're getting around 2000 impressions, i think you're not being rotated out at all. Your gig must have gone down because of the "out of office" time you had. You just need to climb it up again.

2 hours ago, davep2 said:

You were getting 5000+ impressions a day, that's a lot, i never achieved that, even so, right now you're getting around 2000 impressions, i think you're not being rotated out at all. Your gig must have gone down because of the "out of office" time you had. You just need to climb it up again.

Well im "out of office" on end of last year, which already more than a year by now. It might be, because it feels like the gig didnt grow much this year compared to last year before i use the "out of office" mode. About the impression im getting about 1500 now. My concern is it keep declining 😔.

Little update: Oddly enough, after one week and a half of being in again, my gigs stopped getting impressions, i mean all of my gigs have 0 impressions for two days in a row. What is this? Am i being rotate dout again? I can still promote the gigs, but even then, they have no impressions. I don't understand this. Support says they are appearing, but i did a search myself as incognito and it didn't appear. Is fiverr kidding with me? I'm so upset.

1 hour ago, davep2 said:

Little update: Oddly enough, after one week and a half of being in again, my gigs stopped getting impressions, i mean all of my gigs have 0 impressions for two days in a row. What is this? Am i being rotate dout again? I can still promote the gigs, but even then, they have no impressions. I don't understand this. Support says they are appearing, but i did a search myself as incognito and it didn't appear. Is fiverr kidding with me? I'm so upset.

I think there is currently a bug, mine also shows 0 on all my gigs

Hummm... Interesting, if so, then it may be a bug, yes, let's wait and see.

Yeah mine are all dropped to 0 for the last 2 days. 
I had a cancellation through customer support because a buyer misunderstood and I thought that was the reason. 
Angela at Customer service was super kind and she tried to be helpful, but when I told her it's really hard to be motivated to do good work at fiverr because even when you do everything right "Fiverr can't guarantee ranking". She gave me the usual spiel how everything is fine and my gigs are searchable, but when I search for it, it literally does not come up. AT ALL! I said I can send screenshots of every single search page. They weren't interested.
And on top of that every minuscule slip up, be it yours or your buyers, is heavily penalised. 

I wonder why there’s the sorting options in that case. If you choose “Sort by best selling”, the algorithm still uses that “Everyone must get a chance” setting, despite the searcher looking for only best selling gigs and not new gigs.

I would understand if using the default sorting, which is “Recommended”. Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week, but currently it’s more like every 7 months from my experience.

Today my gig stats are still showing 0 impressions, so now it's two days in a row, and i'm not getting contacts or orders, so i'm starting to think something's going on...

Can someone else check their gigs impressions too and share here how they are?

16 hours ago, mayaillustrator said:

She gave me the usual spiel how everything is fine and my gigs are searchable, but when I search for it, it literally does not come up. AT ALL! I said I can send screenshots of every single search page. They weren't interested.

What they mean about "searchable" is your gig are active even though its beyond 10th pages, which doesnt make sense to me because no one goes to 2nd or 3rd or more pages. If its not on the 1st or 2nd pages, its not "searchable" from my point of view, but Fiverr CS saw that differently.

16 hours ago, arafat_9 said:

I wonder why there’s the sorting options in that case. If you choose “Sort by best selling”, the algorithm still uses that “Everyone must get a chance” setting, despite the searcher looking for only best selling gigs and not new gigs.

I would understand if using the default sorting, which is “Recommended”. Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week, but currently it’s more like every 7 months from my experience.

I agree with you, i think the system are not working as it should be. But im not sure Fiverr are fixing those issue sadly.

My December 3rd impression suddenly appear (still low 😞)  but December 4th is still 0

16 hours ago, davep2 said:

Fiverr is currently very broken and unbalanced, sellers like us are getting little to no sales, while i'm always seeing the same sellers on top of first page on search results, no matter what, why???...

Agree, there are currently several same people with hundreds of order, i personally confused how they can manage such orders.

16 hours ago, theratypist said:

The sellers who make the most money for Fiverr will be prioritized in the search results. 

I actually disagree, 1000 buyer spreaded to 100 seller vs only 5 or 10 seller, doesnt make much difference, there are multiple seller with different and similiar price range. For my category, im actually not too different from those who gets hundreds of order in queue. Just my opinion though, might be very wrong about it.

And it's not mean that I or everyone here need a lot of order, I personally just want the number of order like it used to do normally for me. Having your order, visibility, impression lowering day by day is scary because we can't predict the future. 

On 12/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, davep2 said:

Today my gig stats are still showing 0 impressions, so now it's two days in a row, and i'm not getting contacts or orders, so i'm starting to think something's going on...

Currently also all my impressions are at 0, is anybody experience this as well?

12 hours ago, gary513 said:

I actually disagree, 1000 buyer spreaded to 100 seller vs only 5 or 10 seller, doesnt make much difference, there are multiple seller with different and similiar price range. For my category, im actually not too different from those who gets hundreds of order in queue. Just my opinion though, might be very wrong about it.

I don't understand what you are saying, do you mean a 100 seller as those selling gigs at $100? Anyway, you are likely doing fairly well on your own gigs. I did not mean price. I just meant, the ones who have made a lot of sales in their gigs will usually be the one shown default in the search results. 

On 12/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, theratypist said:

If you just back read this thread it already tells you the answer. The sellers who make the most money for Fiverr will be prioritized in the search results. 

This is not true, their algorithm doesn't work that way.
I had 8 k impressions on my gigs before my rotation started. When you search the term I sell I either don't come up now or come up on the 18th page. Meanwhile people with little or no sales are in the results before me making no sales because they are not good enough to do what they do ( hobby artists etc.) Not all of them off course, but a lot of them. If it was just the sellers who make most money this wouldn't happen.
My impressions started to come up a bit now, let's see what happens 🙂

7 hours ago, mayaillustrator said:

This is not true, their algorithm doesn't work that way.
I had 8 k impressions on my gigs before my rotation started. When you search the term I sell I either don't come up now or come up on the 18th page. Meanwhile people with little or no sales are in the results before me making no sales because they are not good enough to do what they do ( hobby artists etc.) Not all of them off course, but a lot of them. If it was just the sellers who make most money this wouldn't happen.
My impressions started to come up a bit now, let's see what happens 🙂

I don't know how to explain my point but I understand what you mean. Yes gig rotation is a thing, and yes there may be some unexplainable reasons why other people with no sales appear higher than other gigs. Note that my response was about those "top" people appearing in the search results, meaning the first 2-4 rows on a search term. I am not speaking about further search results.

No one knows the exact way the algorithm works.

But what is clear and from the experience of most established sellers here is if you constantly (And yes I mean constantly) get good private and public feedback, well of course that default means you have made sales.

And if you constantly get such good private and public feedback, you will continuously receive orders because one way or another you appear in the search results and likely you are in the top especially if your repeat buyer percentage is high. Now I don't know how high or low your impressions become at those points. But the point is if you constantly make sales with good private and public feedback, Fiverr will want you to get more orders.

19 hours ago, theratypist said:

I don't understand what you are saying, do you mean a 100 seller as those selling gigs at $100? Anyway, you are likely doing fairly well on your own gigs. I did not mean price. I just meant, the ones who have made a lot of sales in their gigs will usually be the one shown default in the search results. 

Yes this used to be the case for me, however after receiving the update that my GIGs cannot be promoted (Unqualified due to performance), I am not showing organically on the top keywords anymore, been 6 months now. However, this is super strange since I was the seller with the most sales on this category for a big quantity, therefore it seems that volume of sales is not their priority anymore...

3 minutes ago, vinctosc said:

Yes this used to be the case for me, however after receiving the update that my GIGs cannot be promoted (Unqualified due to performance), I am not showing organically on the top keywords anymore, been 6 months now. However, this is super strange since I was the seller with the most sales on this category for a big quantity, therefore it seems that volume of sales is not their priority anymore...

Did you try asking Fiverr what went wrong with the "unqualified due to performance" reason they mentioned? I would like to correct my earlier statement regarding volume of sales. I would mean volume of recent sales accompanied with good public and private feedback, likely the past 90 days. Not necessarily the entirety of past sales. Any negative feedback public or private feedback and other factors like late deliveries or response to inquiries and ability to convert them to a sale will affect search results. This was discussed by a top rated seller who is in touch with Fiverr teams a lot a few months back....It was just his insights of course and not an official explanation.

Disclaimer: There is no official statement how the algorithm works. So everyone is just speaking out of experience.. 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:48 AM, theratypist said:

Im sorry, i mean if there are gig rotation and there are one seller who has hundreds of order in queue and others are getting rotated. That means the algorithm isnt really fair and the buyer spread (i dont know this is the right term) are unbalanced. 

On 12/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, theratypist said:

Now I don't know how high or low your impressions become at those points. But the point is if you constantly make sales with good private and public feedback, Fiverr will want you to get more orders.

Mines getting lower month by month, and im getting 5 stars feedback and generally good review. But my impressions are lowering and getting less order than usual (last year).

On 12/5/2021 at 2:20 PM, davep2 said:

Fiverr is currently very broken and unbalanced, sellers like us are getting little to no sales, while i'm always seeing the same sellers on top of first page on search results, no matter what, why???...

How is everything going after receiving the feature to promote back? Have you seen an increase in enquires, impressions and sales? Have you removed it from you again? Since some people experience loosing the feature just a couple of days after getting it. Thank you for sharing!

23 hours ago, vinctosc said:

How is everything going after receiving the feature to promote back? Have you seen an increase in enquires, impressions and sales? Have you removed it from you again? Since some people experience loosing the feature just a couple of days after getting it. Thank you for sharing!

At this point, roughly 3 weeks after, the feature is still here, and only now i'm starting to get more inquiries and orders (i recovered like 20% of my business volume). This restart has been very slow. I don't know if it's part of fiverr's process to rotate sellers in again, or if it is because i had to climb up the rank ladder again.

Things are looking slightly better, but still very far away (like 50% to 60%) to where i was before being rotated out.

Bottom line, now yes, i'm seeing more inquiries, more sales and more impressions. I'm curious to know how long this will last. I still think this rotation out thingy is broken and unbalanced: no one can work on fiverr full time with it like this.

Archived