GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my gigs back but i lost rank on first line! but got gig back on first page

Glad to hear that! can u share more information please? example. Did u change any gig title,tags or any other stuff? how long did it take to come back to 1st page? and could u find yourself on the other pages? like last one or something like that?

I was on the 1st page but now i cant find myself even on the last one but i can see myself in ‘‘local sellers’’ ‘‘online’’

Glad to hear that! can u share more information please? example. Did u change any gig title,tags or any other stuff? how long did it take to come back to 1st page? and could u find yourself on the other pages? like last one or something like that?

I was on the 1st page but now i cant find myself even on the last one but i can see myself in ‘‘local sellers’’ ‘‘online’’

here passed 4 months before return in the loop…

Hello @vickiespencer

I’ve seen 5-6 gigs always on 1st page on “Logo Design” category. Of course, on every refresh, their position changes, but they are there on 1st page, always. This I have seen consistently for last 1 year. And they always have orders between 50-300 in queue.

Few things I observed about their gigs are as following:

1. They are on platform for last 6+ years or more
  2. They’re ranked for top keywords like: minimal, flat, minimalist, unique, modern etc. highly competitive gigs.
  3. Fiverr also promotes couple of them manually in their promotion, i.e. in promotional e-mails that Fiverr sends.

So, it’s not always that new sellers take away places of old sellers, but the thing is that, very old and prominent sellers remain there. It’s the issue with the sellers who recently reached Level 2.

It’s the issue of ‘stability’ that is haunting the Level 2 sellers at the moment. For example, if I share my experience, my journey from New Seller to Level 2 was rapid. It just happened in the blink of eye. My logo design gigs were being promoted under “Promoted Gigs” and I was getting good amount of orders daily. Life was good. And then suddenly… yes… suddenly… gigs were not being promoted (paused by Fiverr) and sales drop like 10 to 1. This hurts. I mean, when you’ve become Level 2, you’re pumped up with energy of increasing your strength, team, sources and you’re looking at Fiverr platform as full-time business.

This is my concrete observation.

And then suddenly… yes… suddenly… gigs were not being promoted (paused by Fiverr) and sales drop like 10 to 1.

I attended a Fiverr webinar recently. The Fiverr presenter said that this happens after things like a cancellation or a poor “secret” buyer review. When I have been a buyer, I found that buyers are sent two different secret reviews to fill out on the buyer. Each about different aspects of the order. So, perhaps your buyers have not given you the best “secret” feedback?

And then suddenly… yes… suddenly… gigs were not being promoted (paused by Fiverr) and sales drop like 10 to 1.

I attended a Fiverr webinar recently. The Fiverr presenter said that this happens after things like a cancellation or a poor “secret” buyer review. When I have been a buyer, I found that buyers are sent two different secret reviews to fill out on the buyer. Each about different aspects of the order. So, perhaps your buyers have not given you the best “secret” feedback?

I found that buyers are sent two different secret reviews to fill out on the buyer.

Two secret reviews? I thought it was only one secret review with two parts?

I found that buyers are sent two different secret reviews to fill out on the buyer.

Two secret reviews? I thought it was only one secret review with two parts?

It seems that I got one. Filled it out and then I was surprised to get another one. I cannot remember for sure what the difference was. I plan to place an order in the near future and will pay closer attention.

my gigs back but i lost rank on first line! but got gig back on first page

dear Gownix, there is nothing that you can do, as Fiverr algorithm every new seller get a chance, so gig position can change anytime. what you can do? 1. Promote your gigs on social media and other platforms, 2. you can do good work, and if your client is happy with your work they will leave a positive rating that will be very helpful for your profile to get back on their position.

Guest logosupreme

Yes, that’s possible. But we have no control there. And if so, alone that shouldn’t be the reason in terms of Fiverr algorithm. As a seller we would wonder then, what about all those awesome reviews that many other buyers shared? No weightage or importance of it? !

And I have observed that say 5% of buyers do not get happy, not matter how best quality work you provide to them ! So in this case, how can Fiverr rely upon their secret review? I mean, what’s the genunity of buyer’s review? Does Fiverr also confirm it by going to order page and seeing things?

Also, I’ve noticed that, when an order gets cancelled, the completion ratio drops instantly, right then. But even after 4-5 order successful completion, it doesn’t increase !

After all such experiences, where buyer sometimes misuses Fiverr’s “Request for revision” button, simply to send you a message so that order remains “In progress” even though you’ve delivered it all. So based on, all such experiences, as a seller, it feels that, are the sellers expected to be “YES MAN” and “YES WOMAN” where they do not argue at all with buyers no matter even if buyer is delivered with everything as advertised ? Simply, say “YES” to everything and keep working and working?

This I’m sharing because, “revisions” is something that happens a lot and multiple times in “logo design” category. And that’s totally perfect as I am in the industry knowing this. But the thing is that, even after delivering everything and more (I believe in giving more to clients, say for example, a free Favicon), what if buyer leaves the review based on their mood, overexpectation and not in terms of scope of order?

Yes, that’s possible. But we have no control there. And if so, alone that shouldn’t be the reason in terms of Fiverr algorithm. As a seller we would wonder then, what about all those awesome reviews that many other buyers shared? No weightage or importance of it? !

And I have observed that say 5% of buyers do not get happy, not matter how best quality work you provide to them ! So in this case, how can Fiverr rely upon their secret review? I mean, what’s the genunity of buyer’s review? Does Fiverr also confirm it by going to order page and seeing things?

Also, I’ve noticed that, when an order gets cancelled, the completion ratio drops instantly, right then. But even after 4-5 order successful completion, it doesn’t increase !

After all such experiences, where buyer sometimes misuses Fiverr’s “Request for revision” button, simply to send you a message so that order remains “In progress” even though you’ve delivered it all. So based on, all such experiences, as a seller, it feels that, are the sellers expected to be “YES MAN” and “YES WOMAN” where they do not argue at all with buyers no matter even if buyer is delivered with everything as advertised ? Simply, say “YES” to everything and keep working and working?

This I’m sharing because, “revisions” is something that happens a lot and multiple times in “logo design” category. And that’s totally perfect as I am in the industry knowing this. But the thing is that, even after delivering everything and more (I believe in giving more to clients, say for example, a free Favicon), what if buyer leaves the review based on their mood, overexpectation and not in terms of scope of order?

And if so, alone that shouldn’t be the reason in terms of Fiverr algorithm.

Maybe not, but it is Fiverr’s platform and they get to decide what the algorithm is.

dear Gownix, there is nothing that you can do, as Fiverr algorithm every new seller get a chance, so gig position can change anytime. what you can do? 1. Promote your gigs on social media and other platforms, 2. you can do good work, and if your client is happy with your work they will leave a positive rating that will be very helpful for your profile to get back on their position.

Hmm do u remmeber maybe if u could find yourself in ‘‘local sellers’’ ‘‘online’’ ??

Well, the ranking system is a mess. I was out of search for 2 months, they put me back in search for 3 days, now my gigs are removed again. And I didn’t cancel any order, didn’t have any late delivery or anything. Nor any bad review.

Same here. Alla my gigs are usually on last page. Then, every several months they suddenly appear on first pages but only for 2-3 days before they return to last pages again. This is happening for more than a year.

Same here. Alla my gigs are usually on last page. Then, every several months they suddenly appear on first pages but only for 2-3 days before they return to last pages again. This is happening for more than a year.

Similar thing here. About 2 years ago my gigs jumped to last page one after another, right after editing them. Then about once a year usually they jump to first page (Without doing anything specific, like editing a gig and performance being the same) for a week at most, and then vanish again.

But as soon as my gigs were eligible for promoted gigs, I started to get sales and messages from new people, and only 2 were from promoted gigs. Then suddenly my gigs were not eligible to be promoted, and everything stopped again. Then resumed right after they were eligible again.

Similar thing here. About 2 years ago my gigs jumped to last page one after another, right after editing them. Then about once a year usually they jump to first page (Without doing anything specific, like editing a gig and performance being the same) for a week at most, and then vanish again.

But as soon as my gigs were eligible for promoted gigs, I started to get sales and messages from new people, and only 2 were from promoted gigs. Then suddenly my gigs were not eligible to be promoted, and everything stopped again. Then resumed right after they were eligible again.

Exactly the same happened to me too. I was invited to promoted gigs a few weeks ago. Then, after 2 days my gigs were not eligible to promote and they jumbled to last page again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived