GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

1 hour ago, andrewbobiq said:

Continuing from the above post...

14 days ago my gig's sub-category was suddendly changed from Sales Copy to Product Descriptions and 4 days after that it was turned to Fiverr Pro. However, from the moment the gig's sub-category was changed, my impressions and clicks started to crumble. today, my gig sits at an average of 30 impressions/1 click per day.

The Fiverr Pro team says that the gig needs to find its place on the NEW market. The market isn't new. The gig is still offering the same service, competing against the same sellers for the same customers. Nothing is new here except their sub-category.

Final summary:
- 5* LvL 2 Seller with three times more reviews than the second freelancer
- 97/100 Repeat Business Score
- Invited to join Fiverr Pro
- Got accepted/Profile flagged as Pro
- Fiverr changed my gig category (from "Sales Copy" to "Product Descriptions")
- Gig flagged as Pro
- Slammed into the ground
- Can't even find the gig when searching for it in incognito mode

The category change is what brought my gig to the ground. I think it's ridiculous that a top-performing gig can get relegated with a single move. I've worked my *** off for over two years to get to where I am now

Any thoughts? 

Thank you very much. I do apologize for the long post.

Hey Andrew, nice to see you here =D

I never thought pro sellers could also have this kind of problems, i'm truly surprised.

I'm not sure about your case, it doesn't seems like seller rotation though... Can you still promote your gigs?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can promote my gig, yes. 

I don't believe it's the case of rotation either. They've just reset my position by changing the gig category, which doesn't make much sense. 

However, I honestly can't believe this rotation that's happening to you is even a thing. I am all for having a system that will give other/new sellers a boost, but I'd always want my best freelancers on the top. You've all proven yourselves by providing excellent service.

Did any of you try Seller Plus program?

This is a sensible approach, I would opine, despite the fact that many will oppose my opinion. Once you're ranked and started getting orders, leave the impressions, click, etc alone and concentrate on quality service you need to provide. 

The best quality ensures repeated works and you'll not depend upon whether or not you're showing up on first page. In fact, new sellers deserve to be shown on top pages. However, if they don't perform well, drop them down immediately. 

2 hours ago, kreativzak said:

Hi davep2,

I strongly suggest that you contact the Fiverr's Customer Support and bring this issue to their knowledge. Maybe, they don't know about this and that there is actually a technical glitch which is affecting hundreds of sellers. Many people here may not be aware of this. I think that it is very much possible that there are bugs in this algorithm just like we have experienced errors in Facebook and YouTube recently.

What you do now is take those screenshots or record your screen and share them with the Fiverr CS team. I am positive that they will eagerly help you out to solve this issue.

Best of luck.

Cheer!

I already did that, as many other sellers, it's no bug, like this topic shows, it's indeed gig/seller rotation.

6 hours ago, andrewbobiq said:

I can promote my gig, yes. 

I don't believe it's the case of rotation either. They've just reset my position by changing the gig category, which doesn't make much sense. 

However, I honestly can't believe this rotation that's happening to you is even a thing. I am all for having a system that will give other/new sellers a boost, but I'd always want my best freelancers on the top. You've all proven yourselves by providing excellent service.

Did any of you try Seller Plus program?

I actually applied several times, but they never contacted me...

On 11/7/2021 at 11:33 AM, davep2 said:

Hi everyone. At this point i'm being rotated out for more than 5 months and another strange thing happened overnight, i don't know if it is related to being rotated out, but i'll mention it here:

Yesterday, i went to check my "Repeat Business" score, and it was 94, just one point away from achieveing the badge (which is given at 95). I got more orders in the meanwhile, so i just went to check it today, a few moments ago, and now it doesn't have any score and saying i don't have enough orders for it to be calculated, please see attached picture. This doesn't make any sense, one day i was almost getting the badge and the follwoing day i don't have enough orders...

My theory is that with the few new orders i received from repeat buyers yesterday i actually achieved the 95 score to get the badge, but since i'm being rotated out, fiverr's algorithm isn't allowing it.

But hey, these are just my two cents...

Analytics.jpg

Little update: Today my repeat business score became visible again, showing it was last updated yesterday nov 15, so i'm back at score value 94.

My guess is that the number of returning customers fell enough for my score to be below 95 and as such, it magically reappeared. I still don't have enough proof to relate this phenomenom to being rotated out, but seems to be linked.

Screenshot.jpg

marvel why there’s the sorting alternatives in that case. If you choose “Sort with the aid of using first-class promoting”, the set of rules nonetheless makes use of that “Everyone ought to get a chance” setting, in spite of the searcher seeking out best first-class promoting gigs and now no longer new gigs. I might apprehend if the usage of the default sorting, which is “Recommended”. Then anyone need to certainly be on the primary web page at the least each week, however presently it’s extra like each 7 months from my experience.

Quick update: My gigs became promotable just minutes ago (screenshot attached), i activated them all. My gigs are still appearing at the last pages of search results, but with this feature working again, i may be able to push them forwards...

This happens when i'm 3 or 4 days away from completing half a year of being rotated out, so fingers crossed, let's see what happens next.

Screenshot.jpg

1 hour ago, davep2 said:

Quick update: My gigs became promotable just minutes ago (screenshot attached), i activated them all. My gigs are still appearing at the last pages of search results, but with this feature working again, i may be able to push them forwards...

This happens when i'm 3 or 4 days away from completing half a year of being rotated out, so fingers crossed, let's see what happens next.

Screenshot.jpg

This is amazing news! Did you do anything different before this happened ?

58 minutes ago, vinctosc said:

This is amazing news! Did you do anything different before this happened ?

No, nothing. I'm still appearing at the end of search results, no one finds my gigs, i'm only getting some orders from returning customers. I did nothing, it actually surprised me. I'm curious to see what happens these coming days.

1 hour ago, davep2 said:

No, nothing. I'm still appearing at the end of search results, no one finds my gigs, i'm only getting some orders from returning customers. I did nothing, it actually surprised me. I'm curious to see what happens these coming days.

I see, did you get more orders in the last 30 days than normal?

I came here to post about this then I discovered this thread. The exact same issue with me! 

Started back in July. All of a sudden I didn't even appear in search results. Everything was great before that. Lowest rating I got was 4.9 stars once, all others were 5 stars. I get repeat customers even though my gig isn't something that people will need multiple times a year!

I contacted CS they say no there is no problems but "we can't disclose how we rank". And in the meantime there are high school students who's mom says their drawings are very pretty who are ranked before me!

It's very frustrating and honestly I don't see how this motivates people who really know their professions to work through Fiverr. It makes no sense. 
Unfortunately I don't have anything productive to add to the discussion. This is just ranting. But I do feel better knowing I am not alone in this jam. ❤️

I really wish this ends soon for all of us and we can get back to doing what we do GREAT!

6 hours ago, mayaillustrator said:

I came here to post about this then I discovered this thread. The exact same issue with me! 

Started back in July. All of a sudden I didn't even appear in search results. Everything was great before that. Lowest rating I got was 4.9 stars once, all others were 5 stars. I get repeat customers even though my gig isn't something that people will need multiple times a year!

I contacted CS they say no there is no problems but "we can't disclose how we rank". And in the meantime there are high school students who's mom says their drawings are very pretty who are ranked before me!

It's very frustrating and honestly I don't see how this motivates people who really know their professions to work through Fiverr. It makes no sense. 
Unfortunately I don't have anything productive to add to the discussion. This is just ranting. But I do feel better knowing I am not alone in this jam. ❤️

I really wish this ends soon for all of us and we can get back to doing what we do GREAT!

How well i understand you! The thing with this "feature" is that, in it's current form, it is unbalanced and too agressive, it makes working on fiverr an unreliable source of income. I agree giving newcomers a chance and visibility, but not like this, a better solution must be found.

3 hours ago, vinctosc said:

I see, but have you seen your impressions and ranking improving now? after the promotional feature? 

After almost 48h of having the promoted gigs active again, yes, i'm seeing increased impressions, today my gig even started reappearing on the first page of search results, but at the bottom, so yay!

My impressions are up by a lot now, but curious enough, i still haven't got a single new order... I'm hoping my rotation out has ended for the time being, let's see what happens during the following days.

29 minutes ago, davep2 said:

After almost 48h of having the promoted gigs active again, yes, i'm seeing increased impressions, today my gig even started reappearing on the first page of search results, but at the bottom, so yay!

My impressions are up by a lot now, but curious enough, i still haven't got a single new order... I'm hoping my rotation out has ended for the time being, let's see what happens during the following days.

Did you happen to use the out of office (Vacation mode) feature before the promotion feature became available on your account again?

3 hours ago, vinctosc said:

Did you happen to use the out of office (Vacation mode) feature before the promotion feature became available on your account again?

I made a mistake of using this feature last Christmas as I had almost two deadlines a day for the entire month and just needed two days off for Christmas. Off course my January and February were catastrophic but still better than last few months. So go figure. It picked up again after about two months and never made that mistake again. 
But this now is so bad. I asked two friends to buy gigs from me and I delivered them for real just to send a message to the algorithm that something is happening. It boosted it a little for a week and now it's falling again. 
I had a super busy December last year and I hoped I would have it this year two but if the trend continues I am not so sure it will happen.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, mayaillustrator said:

I am in your exact situation! I have a top gig with 400+ 4.9 reviews, but it started to decline after an out of office in September. I have tried every option possible, including the gig re-styling, but it is not helping me. Oh, my gigs became "not promotable" from September. I hope this situation will end soon..

On 11/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, davep2 said:

Nope, i actually never used that since i'm on fiverr.

I see, thank you for the update

If you dont mind sharing, how is your traffic and orders going now? Are you getting much more after the promotable feature became available? Also, before that happened, which ratio of returning customers where you getting? Just trying to understand if that also helped you get out of this situation...

1 hour ago, vinctosc said:

I see, thank you for the update

If you dont mind sharing, how is your traffic and orders going now? Are you getting much more after the promotable feature became available? Also, before that happened, which ratio of returning customers where you getting? Just trying to understand if that also helped you get out of this situation...

Yes, of course.

The traffic into my gigs has definitely increased, as you can see in the screenshot it started right after my gigs became promotable again, but they are still very far from the traffic i was getting half a year ago... I think my rotation out ended for now, the problem is that despite my gigs are appearing in the 1st or 2nd page of search results, they are still at the bottom, and not many people are finding them yet (just got 1 order from promoted gig and another one from a new customer), i will have to climb back up again, which will take a couple months. The ratio of returning customers was 85%, now is 79%, but that is always changing even without orders, so it's difficult to keep an eye on it.

screenshot.jpg

Archived