GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I contacted the support regarding the gig ranking issue where all the good sellers with good ratings are pushed back to last page without any reason. The support agent answered to that question clearly so now we shouldnt be arguing over it.

My question to CS:

Greetings,

So you are saying that gigs on first pages are being pushed back to give new sellers a chance to come up? Am i correct?

I posted the part of my question of my inquiry, as rest had my other questions. To this the support responded:

As for Gigs in search, you understand me correctly.

There is a lot of Gigs and there must be a chance for everyone.

Just be sure to promote yourself the best you can use social media and other platforms.

This is part of the response, other part was related to my other question but now we got the answer. I hope everyone are relaxed now and shouldnt be talking about this now.

Thanks

owa… :thinking:

Just want to give fellow sellers my current experience because i know it can be distressing. I will keep you all updated if/when things turn around.

My gig rankings crashed around Mid January 2021. Previously averaging 600-800 per day and gig was stable at this rate for pretty much the last 3-4 years.

Now I have 40 impressions per day. Its been nearly 2 months now and still no improvement.

My gig is the highest rated in the sub category. 2000+ 5 star reviews my nearest competitor is sub 1000 reviews. Been a seller on Fiverr for 8+ years.

I guess I can understand why fiverr is rotating sellers gigs. It makes sense from their perspective to diversify their income streams. Why would they rely on one sellers gig to bring in the sales when they can rotate and bring up newer gigs to get reviews and then they have a more stable income stream in that category.

Hoping it will rotate in my favour once again. Fiverr was my main income source and much needed during COVID

UPDATE

It looks like my impressions have finally gone back up to their normal levels, you can see my stats here (Fiverr Impressions.png - Google Drive). For some reason last years stats are not showing correctly. I was receiving approx 800 impressions per day for all 2020 but it just doesn’t show in the analytics for some reason, does anyone else have this bug?

I will update in a few months to see if the impressions are stable or dip back down again.

UPDATE

It looks like my impressions have finally gone back up to their normal levels, you can see my stats here (Fiverr Impressions.png - Google Drive). For some reason last years stats are not showing correctly. I was receiving approx 800 impressions per day for all 2020 but it just doesn’t show in the analytics for some reason, does anyone else have this bug?

I will update in a few months to see if the impressions are stable or dip back down again.

Did you do anything specific or it came back after set amount of time . If it came back automatically , how much time did you have to wait

UPDATE

This is not a Bug, in 2020 the Fiverr was working in the analytics… this is why you are not seeing in your page the old infos.

Did you do anything specific or it came back after set amount of time . If it came back automatically , how much time did you have to wait

I updated my thumbnail, tags and reduced my prices slightly but these changes were made early February. Hard to tell if they made any difference. I would guess that I was deranked due to Fiverr gig rotation system as opposed to being deranked due to my gig quality. I was top for the last 4-5 years and hadn’t changed my gig description or images etc

I updated my thumbnail, tags and reduced my prices slightly but these changes were made early February. Hard to tell if they made any difference. I would guess that I was deranked due to Fiverr gig rotation system as opposed to being deranked due to my gig quality. I was top for the last 4-5 years and hadn’t changed my gig description or images etc

Good ! Facing same issue and its almost 2 months now .

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Thank you so much for sharing this. That’s very encouraging!!! Ever since going in “out of office mode” for an emergency in mid February, my impression stats were demolished and I’ve been on the last page consistently with no “rotation” to speak of during these very long stretches. There was a 5 day rise to the first for a short time, and then it fell again back to the last page, despite maintaining steady business, having my highest performance stats ever, and doing everything right. If there was an actual routine rotation course, I’d been seeing it with other sellers who were typically on the front page with me, and they never fall to the back. The only thing that went wrong that I can think of was receiving about 3-4 revisions in the same 2 day period. I’m thinking about overhauling everything, and maybe even starting a new gig or two to see if it will help. Glad to see there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Been part of the platform as a TRS since 2013, and nothing like this has ever happened before.

Same here, all my gigs are on the last pages ( from the first 1-2 pages ) even i get only 5 star reviews during the last days.

Also all my gigs and not promotable, it says “Not promotable (Unqualified)”

Any idea why that happens?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Same issue here.

for us is past 4 months and nothing grow … we past from 250 order to few orders … We have contacted fiverr and they said we have to create website, create portfolio, promote our portfolio and say to new customer to buy our service in Fiverr … this sounds bad to us … why would a seller create a website and then send his customers to fiverr? (when he can tell to the buyer to buy directly on his site …?!)

what we said to Fiverr team is that we want to sell in Fiverr … we dont want open a new website … it seems like they no longer have room for all the sellers and they are trying to drive the sellers away…

we are waiting the Fiverr answer

for us is past 4 months and nothing grow … we past from 250 order to few orders … We have contacted fiverr and they said we have to create website, create portfolio, promote our portfolio and say to new customer to buy our service in Fiverr … this sounds bad to us … why would a seller create a website and then send his customers to fiverr? (when he can tell to the buyer to buy directly on his site …?!)

what we said to Fiverr team is that we want to sell in Fiverr … we dont want open a new website … it seems like they no longer have room for all the sellers and they are trying to drive the sellers away…

we are waiting the Fiverr answer

why would a seller create a website and then send his customers to fiverr? (when he can tell to the buyer to buy directly on his site …?!)

You asked Fiverr how to make money. Obviously Fiverr told you how to make money while also having them take a cut because they helped 🙂 You would do the same for anyone else.

why would a seller create a website and then send his customers to fiverr? (when he can tell to the buyer to buy directly on his site …?!)

You asked Fiverr how to make money. Obviously Fiverr told you how to make money while also having them take a cut because they helped 🙂 You would do the same for anyone else.

so what would be the purpose of having the services on fiverr if you are selling your services on your site?

so what would be the purpose of having the services on fiverr if you are selling your services on your site?

Well, they are the escrow, they offer you protection against scammers.

On top of that, they handle payments, you don’t have to do that on your own.

Everyone has their reason why they would use or not use Fiverr. If you don’t see it working for you, then you can easily try out something new 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted the support once again and below is what they mentioned this time, this is a add-up to my original post.

Please do your best to maintain a quick and timely response to watch messages and communications. Deliver on time without unnecessary revisions. Provide high-quality work on every delivery. Be responsive to your clients’ revision requests and always make sure that your buyers leave happy.

Also, there is another thing from their reply:

You’ll be able to offer more services and gain more exposure with every course completed.

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure? This does seem fair. So first we had to pay them (promoted gig features) for exposure now purchase the course?

Contacted the support once again and below is what they mentioned this time, this is a add-up to my original post.

Please do your best to maintain a quick and timely response to watch messages and communications. Deliver on time without unnecessary revisions. Provide high-quality work on every delivery. Be responsive to your clients’ revision requests and always make sure that your buyers leave happy.

Also, there is another thing from their reply:

You’ll be able to offer more services and gain more exposure with every course completed.

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure? This does seem fair. So first we had to pay them (promoted gig features) for exposure now purchase the course?

Mmm… I don’t think it means what you are thinking, I think they want to tell you to take the courses so you will have more experience and be able to offer different services … (I think this) however you can ask for explanations for what they have told you, have you already done?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest logosupreme

So based on this reply, there are three possible ways I can think of that can get you orders:

1. Your gig is displayed on 1st page or Recommended by Fiverr, so you get organic promotion and your gig gets orders. This is what every seller dreams of, because they just want to do what they are good at and don’t bother about finding clients as well.

2. You(here me too!) promote your gigs on social media and attract clients by doing self-promotion. This is what we as sellers will have to push ourselves towards.

3. You get orders from your existing clients. This is applicable if you’ve a huge amount of clients so a percentage of it reorders your gigs.

Guest logosupreme

Then everyone should indeed be on the first page at least every week,

How often would they be on the first page if there are 165,000 plus logo design gigs?

Hello @vickiespencer

I’ve seen 5-6 gigs always on 1st page on “Logo Design” category. Of course, on every refresh, their position changes, but they are there on 1st page, always. This I have seen consistently for last 1 year. And they always have orders between 50-300 in queue.

Few things I observed about their gigs are as following:

1. They are on platform for last 6+ years or more
  2. They’re ranked for top keywords like: minimal, flat, minimalist, unique, modern etc. highly competitive gigs.
  3. Fiverr also promotes couple of them manually in their promotion, i.e. in promotional e-mails that Fiverr sends.

So, it’s not always that new sellers take away places of old sellers, but the thing is that, very old and prominent sellers remain there. It’s the issue with the sellers who recently reached Level 2.

It’s the issue of ‘stability’ that is haunting the Level 2 sellers at the moment. For example, if I share my experience, my journey from New Seller to Level 2 was rapid. It just happened in the blink of eye. My logo design gigs were being promoted under “Promoted Gigs” and I was getting good amount of orders daily. Life was good. And then suddenly… yes… suddenly… gigs were not being promoted (paused by Fiverr) and sales drop like 10 to 1. This hurts. I mean, when you’ve become Level 2, you’re pumped up with energy of increasing your strength, team, sources and you’re looking at Fiverr platform as full-time business.

This is my concrete observation.

Archived