The order was canceled, but the customer USES THE VIDEO. Customer Support doesn't answer me

loathen

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if I create a video, I own the rights to the work, no? If the client doesn’t pay me, he can’t use the video. I’m not saying anyone will act on it, Youtube isn’t forced to. But that doesn’t make it right.

You are absolutely right.

The buyer initially paid, thus completing the contract which by Fiverr’s ToS means the rights were relinquished on the seller’s end.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when he reverses the payment, he reverses the “relinquishing” of the rights, correct?

Absolutely.

But the OP will have a heck of a hard time proving it, and they definitely can’t force YT to do squat.

It’d be easier hitting them with an audio claim to be honest.

Absolutely.

But the OP will have a heck of a hard time proving it, and they definitely can’t force YT to do squat.

It’d be easier hitting them with an audio claim to be honest.

Of course. This assuming the video is on youtube at all. If it’s self hosted, there’s no one to turn to.

Hi there,

I had a similar experience and I contacted two times to the CS first time they ignored and the second time they took an action because order was cancelled by support and client still using what I gave through out the delivery and they took it under consideration and they compensated me and said your order completion will not affect the recent cancellation and buyer will be under review.

Hi there,

I had a similar experience and I contacted two times to the CS first time they ignored and the second time they took an action because order was cancelled by support and client still using what I gave through out the delivery and they took it under consideration and they compensated me and said your order completion will not affect the recent cancellation and buyer will be under review.

@moditha_damindu

Can you edit your reply please with some formatting and punctuation?

It’s really hard to understand what you are saying and it seems like you are trying to help.

Thanks

Full story of order cancellation by support but client still using the files

Hello everyone, Today I am going to tell you a situation recently happened on me in Fiverr.I Had a Order in September 22 nd and it was completed with 5 star rating. After 2 days order was cancelled by Fiverr customer support. Reason- I blocked the buyer because he was so disrespectful and I don’t want to mess with it and I just simply blocked him. So why? All have to do was to design FB,Youtube,Twitch banners and he was so happy about it and after he completed it and within 10 mins he said …

Full story of order cancellation by support but client still using the files

Hello everyone, Today I am going to tell you a situation recently happened on me in Fiverr.I Had a Order in September 22 nd and it was completed with 5 star rating. After 2 days order was cancelled by Fiverr customer support. Reason- I blocked the buyer because he was so disrespectful and I don’t want to mess with it and I just simply blocked him. So why? All have to do was to design FB,Youtube,Twitch banners and he was so happy about it and after he completed it and within 10 mins he said …

Linking to your story twice is overkill.

Once was enough. Thank you.

Let me answer some of the things written here on this message.

We did agree on a 24 hours delivery time, I couldn’t deliver by that time and requested an extension (from resolution center) and he accepted. I accept that it is not ideal that I couldn’t deliver within the promised time and I accept that it’s my fault. Still, the buyer accepted the extension and was happy with the final delivery.

And yes, the video is on youtube. I don’t want to take it down before the CS sees it. I have no problem with them using the video if I am compensated and his review is taken down. Otherwise I will take action.

Let me answer some of the things written here on this message.

We did agree on a 24 hours delivery time, I couldn’t deliver by that time and requested an extension (from resolution center) and he accepted. I accept that it is not ideal that I couldn’t deliver within the promised time and I accept that it’s my fault. Still, the buyer accepted the extension and was happy with the final delivery.

And yes, the video is on youtube. I don’t want to take it down before the CS sees it. I have no problem with them using the video if I am compensated and his review is taken down. Otherwise I will take action.

It seems like the client was unhappy with the experience right after the initial delivery, so whatever goodwill there was initially, got erased.

Not sure if there’s a positive outcome here.

Do you expect Fiverr to compensate you and delete the review?

The former is not possible if you attack them the latter is forbidden by Fiverr’s policy.

You need to pick your battles.

Standing your ground re: refund is one thing, but trying to make them do something they clearly cannot is another.

It seems like the client was unhappy with the experience right after the initial delivery, so whatever goodwill there was initially, got erased.

The former is not possible if you attack them the latter is forbidden by Fiverr’s policy.

Standing your ground re: refund is one thing, but trying to make them do something they clearly cannot is another.

I was under the impression that buyers can’t leave a review on a cancelled order. Then again, I don’t know anymore, the TOS are purposefully obscure.

The buyer must have left the review and then either do a charge back or have CS cancel it.

And when that happens the review should automatically be deleted, no? Otherwise it’s clear exploitation of the system. You can’t have the cake and eat it too. You pay, you get to leave a review. You get your money back, you don’t.

I couldn’t understand where you are coming from. I have been asking for an answer and I am not getting it. I am not “attacking” them. My tone may be not calm, but I haven’t done anything that is forbidden on Fiverr TOS

I am asking for the refund because of all the reason I have listed on previous threads + now I found out that buyer is using the video. The buyer is lying on their review, so yes, I expect them to delete the review.

And when that happens the review should automatically be deleted, no? Otherwise it’s clear exploitation of the system. You can’t have the cake and eat it too. You pay, you get to leave a review. You get your money back, you don’t.

If this is a chargeback, there’s a loophole.

If not, then CS shouldn’t accept the cancellation AND leave the review there.

If they did, that must mean the examined the order and sided with the angry buyer.

@loathen You can keep at it then and see how it goes.

Yeah they leave the review, saying that “it was their experience with the order”. Fiverr really has gone downhill.

Yeah they leave the review, saying that “it was their experience with the order”. Fiverr really has gone downhill.

What was the notification/email you got when the order was refunded?

Can you clarify whether it was a chargeback or not?

What was the notification/email you got when the order was refunded?

Can you clarify whether it was a chargeback or not?

I surely hope it was, otherwise CS was out of line. If the client completes the order and leaves a review, he relinquishes the right to cancelation (unless he finds some breach of TOS down the road, like copyright infringement).

It was canceled by the Customer Support, not a chargeback. Their profile is still on Fiverr.

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. If a client completes an order and rates it, he can’t then just cancel it (again, unless new information arises that wasn’t known at the time of order completion, like copyright infringement). That makes no sense.

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. If a client completes an order and rates it, he can’t then just cancel it (again, unless new information arises that wasn’t known at the time of order completion, like copyright infringement). That makes no sense.

Yeah well Fiverr CS for you. I can’t even reply to that review!

Archived