Buyer is intentionally making the delivery late!

shayan4all

My point is i have already delivered the project on time , now after two days buyer has put a message in revision rather then marking the order as complete ? should i visit the resolution center for it ?

should i visit the resolution center for it ?

No, just redeliver the order.

My point is i have already delivered the project on time

And your order will count as delivered on time. I’ve had a buyer request multiple revisions and it said LATE in big annoying red letters on the order page, but since the initial delivery was on time, my stats weren’t affected.

By the way, it doesn’t look like your buyer intentionally made your deliver late. It looks like they just wanted to leave you a message to say “thank you”, but have clicked on the wrong button and requested a revision instead. It happens. Sometime buyers click on revision button when they just want to ask something. It doesn’t mean that they’re ruining your stats on purpose.

This is the same reason I hope that you have a good day and stay safe, as well. For all I know, you could have just had a bad too.

This is snarky too. No one asked you to make assumptions about my day. :woman_shrugging:

It’s enough people on the forum with “I’ll pray for you and stay strong” comments than people who can give an actual advice.

If you prefer giving “stay strong” advices instead of giving guidance on how to resolve the situation then it’s up to you. You can leave an actual part advice to us and just write your very useful “stay strong” afterwards.

And if you are so empathetic then you also need to take into account that everyone have different personalities, come from different backgrounds and different countries. In my culture it’s better to give an actual advice even if it sounds dry and unemotional instead of just throwing words around. If you come from a different culture and have your preferred way of doing things than that’s perfectly fine with me.

Because unlike you I will never come and say that it’s totally useless to tell them to stay strong when they need an action list.

You guys already told them the black and white. Which was “contact support” or “don’t contact support”. . I usually leave actual advice on posts, but the only reason I left one here WAS because of the comments left under it. There was no real “advice” to leave on this thread other than to contact/do NOT contact support/customer. So, I just left good words to someone obviously in panic saying things like:

“i have suffer. I have put the request to the team fiverr as well. if the fiverr can’t undo this , its really bad then.”

Anyway, this thread is not about manners/tonality, so I wont drag this out any longer. I wish you all the best in the most non-offensive way (see, now I can’t say it without sounding like a smart-butt). I mean it anyway.

You guys already told them the black and white. Which was “contact support” or “don’t contact support”. . I usually leave actual advice on posts, but the only reason I left one here WAS because of the comments left under it. There was no real “advice” to leave on this thread other than to contact/do NOT contact support/customer. So, I just left good words to someone obviously in panic saying things like:

“i have suffer. I have put the request to the team fiverr as well. if the fiverr can’t undo this , its really bad then.”

Anyway, this thread is not about manners/tonality, so I wont drag this out any longer. I wish you all the best in the most non-offensive way (see, now I can’t say it without sounding like a smart-butt). I mean it anyway.

There was no real “advice” to leave on this thread

Oh oh really? Well let me to copy paste all actual advices here for you in case you missed it the same as OP.

In revision, Its doesn’t effect on your delivery time in profile. Don’t take tension about it.

• Secondly as @chris_ld already told you, IT DIDNT HURT YOU. That is just a bug that counts total time but it wouldn’t affect your statistics if you delivered your order within the deadline (even if it shows late sign)
  • All you have to do is to redeliver your order with a polite message with something like “hey, I see you requested a revision without a revision request so I send you again all the files that I created for you so you can download them. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need some changes or if you need help with fiverr system and how it works”.

Just redeliver the gig with a message saying something like “I appreciate you saying ‘thank you’. But it appears you’ve accidentally requested a revision, rather than accept the delivery. If you are happy with my work, please accept this delivery. If you do require a revision can you please explain what you need changing”.

It really is that simple. It’s communication.

We even drafted a message for him to send to his client. If that’s not an advice and not helpful then I don’t know what is :woman_shrugging:

And as you can see in above quotes is nothing about contacting CS or not.

to the OP you could try requesting a time extension, explaining the situation, explain that he should accept the gig or explain what needs changing, then redeliver the gig. i don’t if that would help, i hope CS can, and that your profile isn’t negatively effected

Ot doesn’t make any sense to do that on fiverr. And @humanissocial and @chris_ld already explained why. It just feels that everyone here ignored it.

i have suffer. I have put the request to the team fiverr as well. if the fiverr can’t undo this , its really bad then.

Oh well. Because of this silly questions that people send to CS it takes them so long to respond nowadays.

1. There is nothing fiverr CS can do.
  2. Secondly as @chris_ld already told you, IT DIDNT HURT YOU. That is just a bug that counts total time but it wouldn’t affect your statistics if you delivered your order within the deadline (even if it shows late sign)
  3. All you have to do is to redeliver your order with a polite message with something like “hey, I see you requested a revision without a revision request so I send you again all the files that I created for you so you can download them. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need some changes or if you need help with fiverr system and how it works”.

Simple as that. There is nothing for fiverr to resolve because there is no real problem. It can be resolved with a simple communication.

If you want to be a good freelancer you need to learn how to communicate with your clients because fiverr CS is there to resolve technical issues and not to communicate with your clients instead of you.

Oh well. Because of this silly questions that people send to CS it takes them so long to respond nowadays.

… IT DIDNT HURT YOU. That is just a bug that counts total time but it wouldn’t affect your statistics if you delivered your order within the deadline (even if it shows late sign)

If it’s a bug then there is something CS can do (as well as let he seller know if it affects them or not) - they can let the developers know about the bug so the developers could fix it. If CS aren’t told about bugs they are less likely to get fixed. The more they are told about bugs that are causing issues for people then that probably increases the chances of them getting fixed sooner or the chance the system will be made to work differently so that could benefit a lot more sellers probably if they get fixed and prevent future messages to the help desk about the same issue.

… IT DIDNT HURT YOU. That is just a bug that counts total time but it wouldn’t affect your statistics if you delivered your order within the deadline (even if it shows late sign)

If it’s a bug then there is something CS can do (as well as let he seller know if it affects them or not) - they can let the developers know about the bug so the developers could fix it. If CS aren’t told about bugs they are less likely to get fixed. The more they are told about bugs that are causing issues for people then that probably increases the chances of them getting fixed sooner or the chance the system will be made to work differently so that could benefit a lot more sellers probably if they get fixed and prevent future messages to the help desk about the same issue.

they can let the developers know about the bug so the developers could fix it.

I Agree with that point.

However you’ve also been here long enough and there a lot of bugs that sellers complaining about for YEARS and they are still not fixed. How big chances are that in this overwhelming period CS will pass information to the relevant team when they weren’t even doing that in normal times. More than that most of the times CS is sending canned responses instead of reading actual query not even talking about passing information.

I recently had to explain to one of the CS reps what is LogoMaker when I asked her to pass a feedback to a relevant team because she gave me completely unrelated response saying that I should add something to my gig when it’s a LogoMaker bug. She didn’t even try to pass that info even though that the point of my ticket or read into actual bug query :woman_shrugging:

Edit: i actually don’t think that fiver views it as a bug. Because factually order is late no matter if it’s the client who asked for a revision in his 3 days that are allowed for requesting revisions. Matter of fact: you did deliver writhing the timeline but your order is not finished if your client wants revisions and therefore it’s late because it’s past the due date. However it doesn’t affect you because fiverr knows that they give extra time for buyers to review deliveries.

They are also not going to put “you are on time” banner if you are not anymore within the original timeline.

From what I know, if your initial delivery was not after the due date, it won’t be marked as late during revisions. So don’t worry about it, try to communicate with the buyer into knowing what he wants.

Some buyers just act weird. Be patient with them.

they can let the developers know about the bug so the developers could fix it.

I Agree with that point.

However you’ve also been here long enough and there a lot of bugs that sellers complaining about for YEARS and they are still not fixed. How big chances are that in this overwhelming period CS will pass information to the relevant team when they weren’t even doing that in normal times. More than that most of the times CS is sending canned responses instead of reading actual query not even talking about passing information.

I recently had to explain to one of the CS reps what is LogoMaker when I asked her to pass a feedback to a relevant team because she gave me completely unrelated response saying that I should add something to my gig when it’s a LogoMaker bug. She didn’t even try to pass that info even though that the point of my ticket or read into actual bug query :woman_shrugging:

Edit: i actually don’t think that fiver views it as a bug. Because factually order is late no matter if it’s the client who asked for a revision in his 3 days that are allowed for requesting revisions. Matter of fact: you did deliver writhing the timeline but your order is not finished if your client wants revisions and therefore it’s late because it’s past the due date. However it doesn’t affect you because fiverr knows that they give extra time for buyers to review deliveries.

They are also not going to put “you are on time” banner if you are not anymore within the original timeline.

How big chances are that in this overwhelming period CS will pass information to the relevant team when they weren’t even doing that in normal times.

Though recently (Monday) CS said to me:

I’m creating a technical ticket for our Fiverr Tech Team. They will review your support request ticket…

when I told them about a bug when sending offers (it converts x seconds into x minutes).

So that should at least increase the chances of it getting fixed. I think it helps if screenshots are shown. I do think things could be done that could help CS - maybe they’re just getting way to many tickets because of all the new sellers. eg. a better system in place.

Edit: i actually don’t think that fiver views it as a bug…However it doesn’t affect you because fiverr knows that they give extra time for buyers to review deliveries.

If it isn’t a bug, just putting a message to the seller on screen about whether/how it will effect them would help lots of sellers and most likely help prevent future tickets about it though.

it’s something that could probably easily be fixed, and it’s clearly coursing some issues (like undue stress) to some buyers

the issue doesn’t seem to exist for me as a buyer. if an order isn’t delivered on time, it will show as “late” and eventually “very late”, but i have an order going that was due on may 6th, was delivered on may 5th and it either say’s delivered or in revision (i used 4 revisions and am now happy with the logo, seller isn’t lightening fast)

it might at least save CS from being asked the same question if they are

And do what else? Not deliver the gig? Would it make sense to not get paid so you can supposedly protect your rating?

It’s already late. You can’t remove that and get around it.

So far from my experience. It’ll appear LATE there but actually it isn’t if the the first delivery is in time.

@humanissocial, Please don’t mind. Most of the times your responses are motivational, informative and nicely positive, but in this particular topic I feel empty. May be my weak understanding. Sorry!

Well, y’know, that’s an easy one. They don’t like what you say, mainly because there’s no silver bullet.

This bug with the “late” thing caused by a revision is a real problem for newbies - they just can’t believe that if their order status says “late” after delivery they need to make sure it actually did deliver … and then ignore it.

CS at one point said that orders can stay in revision for ever without affecting stats. Once the order is delivered, that means the “delivered” stat is fixed. But it’s complicated …

How big chances are that in this overwhelming period CS will pass information to the relevant team when they weren’t even doing that in normal times.

Though recently (Monday) CS said to me:

I’m creating a technical ticket for our Fiverr Tech Team. They will review your support request ticket…

when I told them about a bug when sending offers (it converts x seconds into x minutes).

So that should at least increase the chances of it getting fixed. I think it helps if screenshots are shown. I do think things could be done that could help CS - maybe they’re just getting way to many tickets because of all the new sellers. eg. a better system in place.

Edit: i actually don’t think that fiver views it as a bug…However it doesn’t affect you because fiverr knows that they give extra time for buyers to review deliveries.

If it isn’t a bug, just putting a message to the seller on screen about whether/how it will effect them would help lots of sellers and most likely help prevent future tickets about it though.

Well, since they rarely read anything - if the forum is anything to go by - I’m not sure why you think that kind of banner would make a difference …

Well, y’know, that’s an easy one. They don’t like what you say, mainly because there’s no silver bullet.

This bug with the “late” thing caused by a revision is a real problem for newbies - they just can’t believe that if their order status says “late” after delivery they need to make sure it actually did deliver … and then ignore it.

CS at one point said that orders can stay in revision for ever without affecting stats. Once the order is delivered, that means the “delivered” stat is fixed. But it’s complicated …

They don’t like what you say, mainly because there’s no silver bullet

About sums it up. He was debating me hoping he’d get the answer he wanted.

While this was probably that false late warning as you say, this buyer felt CS could change something from late to unlate (this wasn’t truly late, but my point is that if it was truly late, CS couldn’t make it unlate).

Sorry, @coerdelion corrected an error. I accidentally wrote “could make it unlate,” but I meant couldn’t.

that’s not how i read it. they weren’t asking how to change something to unlate. they were asking if they were going to be penalised for being late, even though they were on time, as that was what the page was telling them, because of this bug

they weren’t debating, just reiterating that they weren’t late, and then correctly stated that it would be wrong if revisions counted towards the original due date, and so even if you deliver on time, the buyer could still make the delivery late with revisions (which thankfully isn’t the case)

i was a little concerned myself, because just prior to this i hired a logo maker here who got a little worried when i took a few hours to review the deliver, because he thought the same thing, that the whole gig needed to be completed within the 24 hours. i told him that as far as i know that’s not the case, and since he delivered on time h’s grand,. he requested a two day extension and the gig was finalised well within the new deadline, so then i was worried that i was mistaken too

i think the confusion was that the OP always stated that they weren’t actually late, and they weren’t trying to summon dr who, but they were asking what was on their page was correct. that’s how i, and i think others such as @chris_id, read it. and that’s where the confusion lies, because they never asked if they could change the status on a genuinely late delivery

Archived