I Just got 3.7 review , I'm very sad :(

samarart

In among all those 5 stars, that one isn’t going to make any difference - those who actually read reviews will ignore that one as an outlier … and even that buyer says what you did was “ok”.

What we do often feels like a part of our identity as a person. It’s not, though. It’s just an action you took to create something that someone didn’t appreciate. It’s not you they don’t appreciate. It’s just the thing you created.

It’s like this: my kids never really appreciated my cooking growing up (they didn’t have anything to compare it with) … but now, they visit regularly to consume it (they now have a whole lot to compare it with). Go figure.

Your art is not you. People who don’t appreciate it aren’t saying anything about you, but about them.

You have 193 reviews and only1 of them is 3.7. You want to believe that one … or the other 192 … ?

In among all those 5 stars, that one isn’t going to make any difference - those who actually read reviews will ignore that one as an outlier … and even that buyer says what you did was “ok”.

What we do often feels like a part of our identity as a person. It’s not, though. It’s just an action you took to create something that someone didn’t appreciate. It’s not you they don’t appreciate. It’s just the thing you created.

It’s like this: my kids never really appreciated my cooking growing up (they didn’t have anything to compare it with) … but now, they visit regularly to consume it (they now have a whole lot to compare it with). Go figure.

Your art is not you. People who don’t appreciate it aren’t saying anything about you, but about them.

You have 193 reviews and only1 of them is 3.7. You want to believe that one … or the other 192 … ?

This is some really good advice! Especially that second paragraph about how your work does not equal your identity.

Sorry to hear about that! Getting lower reviews can be stressful. Sending positive energy to you if that’s ok. Hang in there 🙂 if you feel that the review is unfair/inaccurate, you can contact Customer Support about it.

if you feel that the review is unfair/inaccurate, you can contact Customer Support about it.

I would be very careful about doing that! 😱

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyesimage.png.4fd68f40ac7f7eb0a9890734d9f794ff.pngNonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

if you feel that the review is unfair/inaccurate, you can contact Customer Support about it.

I would be very careful about doing that! 😱

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyes[image]Nonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

You’re very right, my bad. I meant if it was absolutely 100% sure unfair/inaccurate.

Edit: Example would be if the review cussed the seller out, or was straight up abusive. If you’re not 100% positive about it though, I’d let it slide. 3.7 isn’t too terrible, could definitely be a lot worse IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with @coerdelion.

Archived