Can I do work for free?

muizather

Hi everyone. Actually i am not new here. I have been using fiverr for a year or two from now but since then I did not got any one request from the buyers. So I left fiverr like a year ago and now I am back again thinking if I could work for free at the starting so I will be able to rate myself. But the problem is fiverr is not letting me do free tasks because of their fee included i think so please help. It will be very grateful of you thanks.

• Like 7

Ya of course Fiverr will not allow it. The gig minimum selling price $5 and you can’t go lower. I was thinking of doing the same thing, maybe buy our own gig and so the work for free

That has to be against the rules. Buying your own gig is trying to cheat the system. Be careful that could lead to a ban.

• Like 7

Hi everyone. Actually i am not new here. I have been using fiverr for a year or two from now but since then I did not got any one request from the buyers. So I left fiverr like a year ago and now I am back again thinking if I could work for free at the starting so I will be able to rate myself. But the problem is fiverr is not letting me do free tasks because of their fee included i think so please help. It will be very grateful of you thanks.

I could work for free at the starting

There is no advantage in this as a buyer has to order and pay before they can leave a review.

Suggest you read the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Check out: Before you ask about HOW TO GET ORDERS or No Orders: READ THIS (MORE ORDERS, Tips, Buyers, First Order, Impressions, Sales)

Also check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

You will find lots of tips and helpful information in the above.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

• Like 9

There is no advantage in this as a buyer has to order and pay before they can leave a review.

Suggest you read the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Check out: Before you ask about HOW TO GET ORDERS or No Orders: READ THIS (MORE ORDERS, Tips, Buyers, First Order, Impressions, Sales)

Also check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 4

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

You’re super cool!

Always helping everyone!

You rock!! 😍

• Like 4

Ya of course Fiverr will not allow it. The gig minimum selling price $5 and you can’t go lower. I was thinking of doing the same thing, maybe buy our own gig and so the work for free

maybe buy our own gig and so the work for free

This is also not allowed on fiverr as long as i know.Do not misled someone if you are not completely aware of rules.

• Like 6

if I could work for free at the starting so I will be able to rate myself

First of all, fiverr is a place to work and earn. While sellers earn, fiverr earns too. Why would they allow people to give service for free, while they spend millions to maintain such marketplace? In other words, fiverr would be spending with you just to you give free works. Nonsense, right?

Second. To get rated, you muse have an order. And there is no free orders, so you must charge.

Fiverr is a place to work, not to a charity marketplace.

My honest suggestion: You should worry on improve your gig, profile, skills, marketing and promotion, instead being worried to give works for free to get some rates. Buyers are worried on getting their orders worked properly, not in getting work for free.

• Like 5

Well if you want to attract buyers, maybe you can offer your skills for $5 and + to tell the potential clients that you will do this and that as extra for free. Pack it nicely and convince them that for $5 they can get much more. Well, this can be a trick to start.
Communication is very important, so every time when you get a new message give your best to sell your self as best as you can, offer something more to clients and also pay attention not to lose your time 🙂

• Like 4

Maybe you can fix a bit “About Me” section.

• “I am a youngster like many others who are struggling through fiverr to earn money and deliver good and expertise type of contents to their customers.”

If you want to get offers, don’t tell to future customers that you are struggling to get money, etc. At the same moment, they can close your tab and search for someone else. Try with something like "Young and creative photography expert, experienced in bla bla and bla bla bla… "

Also, take your time, a few days, google some ideas and create 3-4-5 great photo edits. Do a couple of “remove background” projects on your own and upload them in a portfolio as before and after work samples.

Wish you all the best friend 😉

• Like 5

• 3 years later...