Sellers are totally unprotected

th3osy

If I already did the work, especially for a nightmare client, I won’t cancel the order.

Suppose your 60-day rating is 4.7, and you deliver that order, he gives you 1 star, even 3 stars will make your rating drop to 4.6. Then you get demoted and your orders fall by 50%, maybe more. How will you feel then?

The old Fiverr was better. My order completion rate was 87% and I was making $1,500 to $2,000 a month. Then came the level system, and I lost everything.

I’m sure there are a lot in the same boat.

I thought they said the worst review wouldn’t be counted in your total for each 60 day period. Do they still do that?

• Like 8

I thought they said the worst review wouldn’t be counted in your total for each 60 day period. Do they still do that?

I think they still do that. I just notice my 4.3 rating increased to 4.4, and I haven’t gotten a good review (or any reviews) in days.

• Like 7

I thought they said the worst review wouldn’t be counted in your total for each 60 day period.

This is interesting actually. If you have all 5 stars all the time, and you get 1 less then 5 stars, shouldn’t overall rating for evaluation be 5 stars? At least it should work like that, but sometimes it doesn’t. Before I got 4 star review and my rating dropped to 4.9

• Like 6

I thought they said the worst review wouldn’t be counted in your total for each 60 day period.

This is interesting actually. If you have all 5 stars all the time, and you get 1 less then 5 stars, shouldn’t overall rating for evaluation be 5 stars? At least it should work like that, but sometimes it doesn’t. Before I got 4 star review and my rating dropped to 4.9

Maybe they take off the worst review or overlook it at the levels day?

I might ask customer support.

• Like 7

You can not. Wear the buyers shoes, they didn’t get what they wanted and even it’s unfair to the seller that’s how they feel and if they can’t get a refund they also should be entitled to at least leave a review that they feel is fair. And you can always comment of their review with your side of the story.

I find it totally fair.

they didn’t get what they wanted

The thing is that they should not get what they want, they should get what they ask for. In every business you are paying regardless of whether you liked something or not. You don’t pay only if the product or service does not match the declared.

• Like 5

• Either the seller will receive payment, and then negative feedback.
  • Either the seller will not receive payment.

Explain how that is different to almost any business anywhere?

Any business can have a client who is unhappy. They might be unreasonable and demand a refund or leave a review about the company on one or more of the many thousands of review websites online.

These businesses can choose to refund and hope the client is happy then or they can take a negative review. Same as on Fiverr. It’s up to you to learn how to deal with customers, that’s freelancing.

lol… Can you walk into a shop, eat a snickers, and then say: I did not like it and I will not pay for it?

That’s it.

• Like 5

they didn’t get what they wanted

The thing is that they should not get what they want, they should get what they ask for. In every business you are paying regardless of whether you liked something or not. You don’t pay only if the product or service does not match the declared.

You don’t pay only if the product or service does not match the declared.

I’m not really sure what is your argument :thinking: if you saw my other replies I am always saying to never agree to cancel the order. And I would never agree for cancellation myself.

However it is quite fair for buyer to rate an experience with a seller even if it’s a bad rating. And that’s what I’m talking about in my comment and not that buyers shouldn’t pay.

I also got bad reviews where I felt it was totally unprofessional because they were asking what’s not included or it was just simple different styles and visions but anyway it’s buyers right to leave a review if they paid for the service and didn’t get what they wanted (their fault or not)

And you’ll be surprised how many sellers here can not follow simple instructions or showcasing stolen portfolio and therefor can’t complete orders in the same quality as their portfolio which makes a lot of buyers furious. And those sellers also deserve a review.

• Like 6

You don’t pay only if the product or service does not match the declared.

I’m not really sure what is your argument :thinking: if you saw my other replies I am always saying to never agree to cancel the order. And I would never agree for cancellation myself.

However it is quite fair for buyer to rate an experience with a seller even if it’s a bad rating. And that’s what I’m talking about in my comment and not that buyers shouldn’t pay.

I also got bad reviews where I felt it was totally unprofessional because they were asking what’s not included or it was just simple different styles and visions but anyway it’s buyers right to leave a review if they paid for the service and didn’t get what they wanted (their fault or not)

And you’ll be surprised how many sellers here can not follow simple instructions or showcasing stolen portfolio and therefor can’t complete orders in the same quality as their portfolio which makes a lot of buyers furious. And those sellers also deserve a review.

But how objective will be that rating? I am having a bad day today… Therefore, everyone with whom I cooperate will receive a bad review. Why? Because I have a bad experience. It does not matter that this experience is more likely connected with me. I feel it that way.

And you’ll be surprised how many sellers here can not follow simple instructions or showcasing stolen portfolio and therefor can’t complete orders in the same quality as their portfolio which makes a lot of buyers furious.

So that’s the point. If the quality was lower than stated - I would understand everything. But a person from the very beginning sees what he gets.

The hardest thing with ideas … The last few cases I have had to do with it. I needed to come up with ideas. And the buyer did not like them.

• Like 5

lol… Can you walk into a shop, eat a snickers, and then say: I did not like it and I will not pay for it?

That’s it.

That’s it.

You can try it - and if the store owner decides they can refund or say no. Same as Fiverr

• Like 5

Guest hanshuber16

That’s it.

You can try it - and if the store owner decides they can refund or say no. Same as Fiverr

Well, what if the person who purchased this extremely valuable snickers were to go to the local consumer court, which, coincidentally, is also the highest judicial body (one additional feature: appeals are not allowed. The final verdict is binding), and request for a refund, and the consumer court ruled in favor of the complainant? The shop owner’s requests for a fair ruling are either ignored or are met with threats of eviction from their own shop.

We obviously cannot compare this example to what goes on on Fiverr as the products purchased/sold on Fiverr are more often than not things that are not readily available. They have to be made from scratch with sellers having to invest considerable amount of time and effort into making these products.

Sadly, it is sometimes possible for customers to go behind sellers’ backs and just get a refund from CS. If that doesn’t pan out, they then go for the chargeback option. This, imo, is the bone of contention here.

However, I believe Fiverr is getting better at handling chargebacks and refunds and are doing everything possible to help the sellers out. I have noticed a considerable change in their approach to CBs/refunds (favoring sellers) after they went public.

That’s it.

You can try it - and if the store owner decides they can refund or say no.

You can try if you don’t know how it works. 😃 Because for me it is pretty clear. Nobody in store will “decide”… If you paid - okey. If not - they will just call a police. That’s all.

• Like 5

Well, what if the person who purchased this extremely valuable snickers were to go to the local consumer court, which, coincidentally, is also the highest judicial body (one additional feature: appeals are not allowed. The final verdict is binding), and request for a refund, and the consumer court ruled in favor of the complainant? The shop owner’s requests for a fair ruling are either ignored or are met with threats of eviction from their own shop.

We obviously cannot compare this example to what goes on on Fiverr as the products purchased/sold on Fiverr are more often than not things that are not readily available. They have to be made from scratch with sellers having to invest considerable amount of time and effort into making these products.

Sadly, it is sometimes possible for customers to go behind sellers’ backs and just get a refund from CS. If that doesn’t pan out, they then go for the chargeback option. This, imo, is the bone of contention here.

However, I believe Fiverr is getting better at handling chargebacks and refunds and are doing everything possible to help the sellers out. I have noticed a considerable change in their approach to CBs/refunds (favoring sellers) after they went public.

We obviously cannot compare this example to what goes on on Fiverr as the products purchased/sold on Fiverr are more often than not things that are not readily available.

We can’t. Tell it to other guy.

• Like 5

Guest hanshuber16

We obviously cannot compare this example to what goes on on Fiverr as the products purchased/sold on Fiverr are more often than not things that are not readily available.

We can’t. Tell it to other guy.

Tell it to other guy.

Well, weren’t you the one who first made the snickers comparison? 😉

I had a buyer file a cancellation with CS. They got it. The reason, they didn’t like the product because I wouldn’t give the free extras they wanted. I contacted CS and they agreed the cancel was not valid after reviewing the messages and gave me the money back. So things are getting better.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

If I already did the work, especially for a nightmare client, I won’t cancel the order.

Suppose your 60-day rating is 4.7, and you deliver that order, he gives you 1 star, even 3 stars will make your rating drop to 4.6. Then you get demoted and your orders fall by 50%, maybe more. How will you feel then?

The old Fiverr was better. My order completion rate was 87% and I was making $1,500 to $2,000 a month. Then came the level system, and I lost everything.

Yes, you are right, I think because

1. When you cancel an order or a buyer cancels an order due to any reason like wrong gig selected, price, etc. your orders are reduced by several times.

2. A negative review means reduced orders by 50%70%

3. You go offline for a few days and your orders are reduced by 95%

4. Late delivery even due to buyer’s fault will lead into reduced orders.

I am facing all these issues and lost on my targets.

weformat

• Like 5

Yes, you are right, I think because

1. When you cancel an order or a buyer cancels an order due to any reason like wrong gig selected, price, etc. your orders are reduced by several times.

2. A negative review means reduced orders by 50%70%

3. You go offline for a few days and your orders are reduced by 95%

4. Late delivery even due to buyer’s fault will lead into reduced orders.

I am facing all these issues and lost on my targets.

weformat

Well, I don’t know about those numbers.

Refunds do lower the row where you appear, so instead of appearing on row 1, you might appear on row 4, or page 2, it depends.

Negative reviews aren’t as bad as refunds, unless your overall rating falls below 4.7. I think being above 90% in Order Completion Rate is easier than being above 4.7. Could be worst, the minimum standard used to be 4.8.

As for going offline, don’t know what you mean. I never log out from Fiverr. I might put my computer to sleep, but I check it on my phone at least once a day. I don’t know if Fiverr puts me offline.

Maybe you mean going on vacation? That might create a sales slump for a few days, after you return from vacation.

My advice is find an alternative to Fiverr when things are bad.

• Like 5

Well, I don’t know about those numbers.

Refunds do lower the row where you appear, so instead of appearing on row 1, you might appear on row 4, or page 2, it depends.

Negative reviews aren’t as bad as refunds, unless your overall rating falls below 4.7. I think being above 90% in Order Completion Rate is easier than being above 4.7. Could be worst, the minimum standard used to be 4.8.

As for going offline, don’t know what you mean. I never log out from Fiverr. I might put my computer to sleep, but I check it on my phone at least once a day. I don’t know if Fiverr puts me offline.

Maybe you mean going on vacation? That might create a sales slump for a few days, after you return from vacation.

My advice is find an alternative to Fiverr when things are bad.

fastcopywriter Can you suggest any good alternative where the buyers flood i.e. a huge list of buyers, can be seen?

• Like 5

fastcopywriter Can you suggest any good alternative where the buyers flood i.e. a huge list of buyers, can be seen?

Can you suggest any good alternative where the buyers flood i.e. a huge list of buyers, can be seen?

en.wikipedia.org
200px-Peter_pan_1911_pipes.jpg.a7e9a194af344649d23abb620984f1e6.jpg

Neverland

Neverland is a fictional island featured in the works of J. M. Barrie and those based on them. It is an imaginary faraway place, where Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, the Lost Boys and other mythical creatures and beings live. Although not all people who come to Neverland cease to age, its best known resident famously refused to grow up. The term is often used as a metaphor for eternal childhood (and childishness), immortality, and escapism. The concept was first introduced as "the Never Never Land" in t...

• Like 12

I’m not sure what you mean.

Success on Fiverr requires a lot of trial and error, and even if you create a perfect gig that’s popular today, it might not be popular tomorrow.

My advice is to have a mixture of gigs, some for a general audience (logos), others for a niche audience (hotel logos), sometimes gigs that don’t relate. There are writers who can design logos for example (I’m not one of them).

Just remember to avoid the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If what you’re doing isn’t working, do something else.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure what you mean.

Success on Fiverr requires a lot of trial and error, and even if you create a perfect gig that’s popular today, it might not be popular tomorrow.

My advice is to have a mixture of gigs, some for a general audience (logos), others for a niche audience (hotel logos), sometimes gigs that don’t relate. There are writers who can design logos for example (I’m not one of them).

Just remember to avoid the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If what you’re doing isn’t working, do something else.

@fastcopywriter, you are correct. I think it’s the time for me to rewrite my gig’s description as someone else might have taken it from my gig and used as is; similarly someone else did almost an year or two ago and he started getting huge orders and mine orders were reduced.

• Like 6

@fastcopywriter, you are correct. I think it’s the time for me to rewrite my gig’s description as someone else might have taken it from my gig and used as is; similarly someone else did almost an year or two ago and he started getting huge orders and mine orders were reduced.

Is your successful competitor charging lower or higher prices? Does he have better portfolio samples? Either way, save your old description somewhere, like a word document, just in case the new description doesn’t deliver results.

• Like 5