Sellers are totally unprotected

th3osy

Guest badhon290

I disagree that the seller is unprotected. The secret is to send a short message with screenshots to customer support in a very professional way if you have done everything right and nothing wrong.

Be very professional, very brief, very unemotional and explain with screenshots what is going on if there is a problem and they might help you and you will not get penalized in any way.

While this may not always be correct, it does happen that customer support will help you.

Yes that’s right

Customer support can solve everything

If you work done perfectly then no one can refund

@fastcopywriter My prices are already low but I do not know why I am not getting work these days. Really down and hopeless

Find something to do besides Fiverr. I know how you feel, my average daily income is $7.46 a day. A few years ago, it was $50 a day, $60 a day, but that’s life. You’re on top today, on the bottom tomorrow, maybe back on top someday.

• Like 7

Find something to do besides Fiverr. I know how you feel, my average daily income is $7.46 a day. A few years ago, it was $50 a day, $60 a day, but that’s life. You’re on top today, on the bottom tomorrow, maybe back on top someday.

@fastcopywriter friend, this is too low to earn less than $50 a day to run a house and fulfill needs of the family when you are a full-time freelancer. I am really getting worried. Tried some more options but not getting work from there too. Invested more than $50 in bidding etc but no luck. Seems God is angry on me due to some reason

• Like 6

@fastcopywriter friend, this is too low to earn less than $50 a day to run a house and fulfill needs of the family when you are a full-time freelancer. I am really getting worried. Tried some more options but not getting work from there too. Invested more than $50 in bidding etc but no luck. Seems God is angry on me due to some reason

That’s why you don’t rely on it for your income.

Never, every rely on things you can’t control. There are plenty of other ways to make money. God isn’t angry with you. You’re just not thinking outside of the box. YOU are responsible for your success, not Fiverr or God.

• Like 8

That’s why you don’t rely on it for your income.

Never, every rely on things you can’t control. There are plenty of other ways to make money. God isn’t angry with you. You’re just not thinking outside of the box. YOU are responsible for your success, not Fiverr or God.

@humanissocial maybe I am not thinking out of the box or I may not have that capability; hence, any guidance is welcome

• Like 6

Seems God is angry on me due to some reason

Working on fiverr and building up a business is slow going for most of us sellers. It takes years of work before you get an income you can count on. Do not expect lots of income in the first one year to four years. Keep improving and expect it to take a long time.

• Like 7

Seems God is angry on me due to some reason

Working on fiverr and building up a business is slow going for most of us sellers. It takes years of work before you get an income you can count on. Do not expect lots of income in the first one year to four years. Keep improving and expect it to take a long time.

@misscrystal I must say that when started it was slow but for last 2 years I was really making a good income but for 2 months it has been slow. My average gig selling amount was about $20 but for the last two months, no new orders except some small orders

• Like 6

That’s very true, I don’t really foresee any changes coming up though. In any platform, who ever produces finances is the person that has all the power. The service provides don’t get as much attention. The mentality of ‘the customer is always right’ is heavily engrained here and that statement is wrong. There should be the ability to reject jobs that you don’t want to pursue or at-least a feedback system on the customer side too so that sellers can see who’s a difficult customer. (and accept to work with them or not accordingly)

• Like 6

@misscrystal I must say that when started it was slow but for last 2 years I was really making a good income but for 2 months it has been slow. My average gig selling amount was about $20 but for the last two months, no new orders except some small orders

My average gig selling amount was about $20 but for the last two months, no new orders except some small orders

Oh I see! hmm, did you change your gigs or edit them just before this happened? Have your impressions gone down. Let’s see what else could be the cause. More cancelled orders? Maybe it’s time to make a new gig and see how it does?

• Like 6

Invested more than $50 in bidding etc but no luck.

What do you mean by this? Did you buy google ads? Did you pay to advertise your gigs? That’s not a good idea.

I concur with everyone else. Find something else to do besides Fiverr.

• Like 7

My average gig selling amount was about $20 but for the last two months, no new orders except some small orders

Oh I see! hmm, did you change your gigs or edit them just before this happened? Have your impressions gone down. Let’s see what else could be the cause. More cancelled orders? Maybe it’s time to make a new gig and see how it does?

Thanks @misscrystal for the suggestions. Will see - but good news is I got an order today - small but good

• Like 7

• 4 years later...

Honesly its true! hard working seller like me is totally un protected by the fiverr.
the buyer have no idea what they want! they present just a reference for the work no details nothing when you end up giving them best of the work they just come up with excuses and then ask to cancel out without giving any revision or anything which is so stupid! 

I have provided all of the evidence to fiverr support with screenshots how the buyer is wrong but then they end up turning the ball in that stupid buyer goal which was very strange to me how evil is this. 

• Like 8

As freelancers, we should all be thinking long term.
There are undoubtedly some axxhxle buyers out there, over whom we have no influence or control.
I believe we should do our job appropriately, and if a situation like this occurs again, it is entirely up to you to receive an unjust review or no payment.

A few pointers to help you avoid such situations
1. Communicate with the buyer. Keep in mind the language barrier and cultural differences. Particularly among newly registered buyers
2. Check to see if their review is positive. When was the most recent review?
3. Establish specific goals and offer previous work samples.

• Like 8

On 11/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, visionarystudio said:

Honesly its true! hard working seller like me is totally un protected by the fiverr.
the buyer have no idea what they want! they present just a reference for the work no details nothing when you end up giving them best of the work they just come up with excuses and then ask to cancel out without giving any revision or anything which is so stupid! 

I have provided all of the evidence to fiverr support with screenshots how the buyer is wrong but then they end up turning the ball in that stupid buyer goal which was very strange to me how evil is this. 

This is why Fiverr should charge $50 to sign up on Fiverr for Buyers. Buyers can use that money held in trust to buy services. I'll bet they'd suddenly become accurate in their order details. It would cut off spammers and scammers too.

• Like 7

One thing that needs to change, is that we need to see the buyers review and rating BEFORE we put up our review and rating of this buyer. Two times now i was scammed by someone, who orders something, makes vague requests, i never get a reply on if the order was correct and to their wishes, they just ghost me, never reply and time runs out for the order to be delivered and when you deliver they give you a 1 star rating!

This is like the only sellers site that i know, where you see reviews after you responded to them! This works against the sellers as it hurts their business when scammers abuse this!

We can of course reply to their reviews these days, but still.

Edited by necramedia
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, necramedia said:

is that we need to see the buyers review and rating BEFORE we put up our review and rating of this buyer

That leads to manipulation. The reason why the system is the way it is right now is because people could do that and they were able to edit their reviews too. So you had reviews that were bad, the seller replied with a bad review, and then the buy changed it due to pressure from the seller. That brought a discrepancy between the customer review and what the seller said.

Plus, it's fair because the idea here is to provide an honest insight into your experience. You can't be honest if you already know what they said.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You can't be honest if you already know what they said.

You can't be honest if you fear that they will retaliate with a terrible private feedback, either. So most sellers don't leave a negative review for buyers, even if the experience was really bad.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, catwriter said:

So most sellers don't leave a negative review for buyers, even if the experience was really bad.

Well they will leave a bad review anyway. And it's not like they have the means to change their public review. When it comes to private reviews.. again, they would do that anyway. So.. people should stand up for themselves. Because bad reviews will happen either way. Tell your side of the story, otherwise there will be a discrepancy between what they say and your review. I saw plenty of people saying "great client", while the client's review was very negative. 

• Like 8

Normally it happens with all sellers. I also faced this type of problem and was down for three months. But Fiverr always wants to service perfectly to the buyer and tries to make the sellers actually professional. If Fiverr makes it easy for the seller (me), Sellar will misuse the opportunity certainly. And this is the reality that Fiverr knows very well.

• Like 4