Buyer ask to copy someone else design and said you did not have your own creativity

hello everyone i just want to share my experience a buyer send me a flyer and ask me to make exact copy of it she keep saying make the exact copy of the sample after accepting the delivery she gave me 3.7 rating and said you did not have your own creativity.i am not a photocopy machine i have my own designing sense
how can i show my own creativity if i have asked to copy someone else design??

hello everyone i just want to share my experience a buyer send me a flyer and ask me to make exact copy of it she keep saying make the exact copy of the sample after accepting the delivery she gave me 3.7 rating and said you did not have your own creativity.i am not a photocopy machine i have my own designing sense

a buyer send me a flyer and ask me to make exact copy of it she keep saying make the exact copy of the sample after accepting the delivery she gave me 3.7 rating and said you did not have your own creativity.

Don’t take it to heart. There are lots of kinds of good buyers in Fiverr, but also a few buyers who just seem to try and cause upset. In this case, you could click on the buyers profile and block them, to prevent them from ordering in future.

You can also respond to their review of you, and give your side of the story.

One buyer I had a while ago asked me to write content for several Sandals Holiday resorts. She provided links to the resorts and asked me to focus on family packages. Later, she left a review saying "Sandals resorts do not accept families with children, so this content had to be rewritten." (All a lie. She used the content exactly as it was delivered.)

In short, just think of your 3.7-star review as reflecting the general oddness of your buyer, not your actual talent or creativity.

a buyer send me a flyer and ask me to make exact copy of it she keep saying make the exact copy of the sample after accepting the delivery she gave me 3.7 rating and said you did not have your own creativity.

Don’t take it to heart. There are lots of kinds of good buyers in Fiverr, but also a few buyers who just seem to try and cause upset. In this case, you could click on the buyers profile and block them, to prevent them from ordering in future.

You can also respond to their review of you, and give your side of the story.

One buyer I had a while ago asked me to write content for several Sandals Holiday resorts. She provided links to the resorts and asked me to focus on family packages. Later, she left a review saying "Sandals resorts do not accept families with children, so this content had to be rewritten." (All a lie. She used the content exactly as it was delivered.)

In short, just think of your 3.7-star review as reflecting the general oddness of your buyer, not your actual talent or creativity.

these kind of buyers should be banned on fiverr

On a positive side, statistically, these buyers are rare.

I wonder sometimes if their brains are wired in such a contradictory way that they order one thing but expect to get another, opposite one. Or if there is a genuine mistake/miscommunication in the beginning and they try to make themselves look good by pretending it was your mistake, not theirs.

Also, “creativity” is one of the most subjective and vague words in the universe. I immediately tense up when it comes up in a work-related conversation.

I had a similar experience but the client wanted me to sound exactly like some one. I thought it was pretty go but she sent me a digital picture of the source voice. What? It is impossible to match some’s voice 100% from digital perspective. It may sound very close or the same but when you look at the digital picture, there will be differences.

Hey there!

Yea stuff like that is irritating, some buyers do it deliberately just because they know how Fiverr operates. I honestly believe that if you continue delivering great work to your customers you’ll succeed regardless of how many people try to slow you down. Just stay motivated, you’ll get far more excellent clients than poor ones just by putting out great work. Good luck!

Don’t let it get to you and move on! That’s the best thing to do.

I do vector tracing and sometimes I get buyer who ask me to provide design concepts which was not on the original order requirement. Still I try my best and also provide multiple revisions but it’s hard to satisfy some people. There are a lot of good buyers out there who are nice and appreciate what you offer.

People are weird, this sounds like one of those times. I had someone review that they “needed many revisions despite providing clear pronunciation examples.” Which was true. What they failed to mention was that all the words they needed revisions on were in Chinese. I don’t, and have never claimed to, speak Chinese. :rofl:

On a positive side, statistically, these buyers are rare.

I wonder sometimes if their brains are wired in such a contradictory way that they order one thing but expect to get another, opposite one. Or if there is a genuine mistake/miscommunication in the beginning and they try to make themselves look good by pretending it was your mistake, not theirs.

Also, “creativity” is one of the most subjective and vague words in the universe. I immediately tense up when it comes up in a work-related conversation.

This is a type of mental aberration where they need to find an excuse to be critical. It has to do with hiring someone and needing to feel superior, with an underlying envy. I’ve noticed some patterns after being here so long but as was mentioned these are rare thankfully. I’m fascinated by psychology.

This is a type of mental aberration where they need to find an excuse to be critical. It has to do with hiring someone and needing to feel superior, with an underlying envy. I’ve noticed some patterns after being here so long but as was mentioned these are rare thankfully. I’m fascinated by psychology.

@misscrystal i am studying psychology

Archived