Warning for empty delivery

oshgraphic

So CS are saying that it took me an additional two days to deliver the files, but have failed to acknowledge that as soon as the buyer brought the error to my attention (which was two days after delivery), it took m just 14 minutes to acknowledge that there had been an error and deliver the files (even though I wasn’t actually at my desk and had to access the files remotely.) I’ve sent screenshots to prove all of this and have asked to speak with a manager, but I suspect that I’m flogging a dead horse.

It just seems grossly unfair.

Not necessarily. You have proof of how you delivered the files as soon as you knew about the problem. I still have hope. Yes it is unfair for anyone to get a warning due to a bug. As I said I can tell just from looking at your record here of very few bad reviews and all glowing ones for six years that you are a reputable seller who wouldn’t make an empty delivery.

There are sellers who deliberately make an empty delivery if they didn’t do the job in time to stop the clock. You are not of that ilk. CS can surely tell the difference. And they must know about the bug.

Like you, I’ve never been late with any order or at least in the last four years. Some of us simply do the job and get it delivered in time, every single time. It had never occurred to me that some sellers would do that.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is exactly why I make videos of all my deliveries. This bug exists and pops-up randomly. Until Fiverr does something about it, we’re all playing Russian roulette with our deliveries.

My only advice is double to check your deliveries every time. Deliver your order, refresh the page and check whether all the files went through.

Not necessarily. You have proof of how you delivered the files as soon as you knew about the problem. I still have hope. Yes it is unfair for anyone to get a warning due to a bug. As I said I can tell just from looking at your record here of very few bad reviews and all glowing ones for six years that you are a reputable seller who wouldn’t make an empty delivery.

There are sellers who deliberately make an empty delivery if they didn’t do the job in time to stop the clock. You are not of that ilk. CS can surely tell the difference. And they must know about the bug.

Like you, I’ve never been late with any order or at least in the last four years. Some of us simply do the job and get it delivered in time, every single time. It had never occurred to me that some sellers would do that.

Well, you were right 🙂 Apparently a further “review of the case” has lead to the warning being removed “this time” but with a warning to ensure that all files are correctly attached in future.

I wan’t aware of this bug before now, but I certainly am now and the paranoia is running high! I’ll be double-checking every delivery from now on. Silly me for assuming that Fiverr would work properly in the first place! 😉

Well, you were right 🙂 Apparently a further “review of the case” has lead to the warning being removed “this time” but with a warning to ensure that all files are correctly attached in future.

I wan’t aware of this bug before now, but I certainly am now and the paranoia is running high! I’ll be double-checking every delivery from now on. Silly me for assuming that Fiverr would work properly in the first place! 😉

@dolly_donut CONGRATULATIONS! I had a strong feeling it would be found in your favor.

This thread is exactly why I make videos of all my deliveries. This bug exists and pops-up randomly. Until Fiverr does something about it, we’re all playing Russian roulette with our deliveries.

My only advice is double to check your deliveries every time. Deliver your order, refresh the page and check whether all the files went through.

Until Fiverr does something about it, we’re all playing Russian roulette with our deliveries.

Really, I think Fiverr should just make it clear whether or not it is okay for sellers to deliver files via publicly shareable Google Drive or Dropbox links.

I’ve had to deliver several video files this way recently and felt nervous each time because its a TOS grey area. At the same time though. I have felt relieved knowing my buyers have got their work and that I can prove this if ever requested to. (i.e. There is no sense of gut wrenching horror when after I refresh an order page, I see that previously uploaded files have

disappeared.)

This has resulted in me thinking that delivering via Google Drive or Dropbox should be an approved means of delivery on Fiverr.

Alternatively, if Fiverr wanted to be a bit innovative, they could create their own version of Dropbox, where files can be viewed by buyers and interacted with, just not downloaded until buyers confirm work is complete. This would get around looming EU copyright legislature and put Fiverr in the spotlight as the first freelance platform to start actively protecting sellers from scams.

I’m really pleased this worked out for you! I’m also feel very reassured knowing that Fiverr seems to be starting to look into cases like this. 🙂

Until Fiverr does something about it, we’re all playing Russian roulette with our deliveries.

Really, I think Fiverr should just make it clear whether or not it is okay for sellers to deliver files via publicly shareable Google Drive or Dropbox links.

I’ve had to deliver several video files this way recently and felt nervous each time because its a TOS grey area. At the same time though. I have felt relieved knowing my buyers have got their work and that I can prove this if ever requested to. (i.e. There is no sense of gut wrenching horror when after I refresh an order page, I see that previously uploaded files have

disappeared.)

This has resulted in me thinking that delivering via Google Drive or Dropbox should be an approved means of delivery on Fiverr.

Alternatively, if Fiverr wanted to be a bit innovative, they could create their own version of Dropbox, where files can be viewed by buyers and interacted with, just not downloaded until buyers confirm work is complete. This would get around looming EU copyright legislature and put Fiverr in the spotlight as the first freelance platform to start actively protecting sellers from scams.

disappeared.)

Sounds like it’s ok. Got this response when I had this delivery issue.

Untitled.png.7dd3bc533b95a2f423d19f4f5f05befb.png

I’m really pleased this worked out for you! I’m also feel very reassured knowing that Fiverr seems to be starting to look into cases like this. 🙂

@cyaxrex It took seven messages and a refusal to back down despite the CS agent telling me three times that the decision was final and they wouldn’t review it again. I’m glad that I persisted but I did rather feel that it was a fine line because I was worried that I’d upset the CS lady, despite remaining polite at all times.

disappeared.)

There is no sense of gut wrenching horror

Aw that takes all the fun out of it.

It’s possible that the file was transmitted but then not written to disk on the Fiverr server, resulting in a file of 0 Kb. Some time ago a seller quoted a reply received from CS, stating that the warning for empty delivery was triggered by the system when it detected that the upload was “incomplete”, and this implies that from the point of view of the system, empty file means empty delivery. I wouldn’t like to be punished (or roasted by the audience) for a bug.

Thanks so much for alerting us to this. I had no idea this bug was present.

How do you know this? Or is this just a basic risk with servers you know because you have this skillset?

Thanks so much for alerting us to this. I had no idea this bug was present.

How do you know this? Or is this just a basic risk with servers you know because you have this skillset?

I have a professional background in the IT field.

The upload of a file can fail for various reasons on the server side, and we can make some educated guesses.

Fiverr relies on a CDN network (in very simple terms, a network of file servers rather than just one server) so things are a bit more complex to troubleshoot.

I have a professional background in the IT field.

The upload of a file can fail for various reasons on the server side, and we can make some educated guesses.

Fiverr relies on a CDN network (in very simple terms, a network of file servers rather than just one server) so things are a bit more complex to troubleshoot.

This is so helpful. Thanks so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.

Archived