Buyer Requests = Issues

cornishseo

This one is noticeable to me because I DO overuse them in informal writing! You’ll find me using ellipses here and there on the forum. I’m even worse about dashes - when I’m in a hurry! I was just giving wordpresswhiz a bit of a tease since I think this whole tangent about slang is funny. Many of us write differently in an information environment like a forum.

With clients there is a different standard. I am always amazed when I contact sellers with a question about buying and they go write in textspeak. I get messages like “i can do that 4 u if u r willing to pay my price…” I realize they may be writing on mobile, but I have a hard time with it in professional conversation. We all have our pet peeves, I suppose. 🙂

With clients there is a different standard.

Yes, I agree. I speak differently to my friends than I do to my clients.

I never use “wanna” myself. Furthermore, I would never use it while conversing with a client. In fact when proofreading blog posts and the like I edit the words “wanna,” “gonna,” and the like out of the text.

For now, I wanna leave this conversation behind so I am gonna go back to filling my work papers.

In fact when proofreading blog posts and the like I edit the words “wanna,” “gonna,” and the like out of the text.

And if someone mentions Tina Turner’s “I Don’t Wanna Lose You” in a blog post? Or uses slang because it’s appropriate for their blog? 😸

I get messages like “i can do that 4 u if u r willing to pay my price…”

I remember getting similar messages (“u r” and so on) from buyers, and having hard time taking buyers who write like that seriously. 😺

This is the problem …

There’s only 1 of the 3 shown that is more than a day old. The others are from the 15th Feb (yesterday). Mine only show up to the 15th today, maybe none have been posted today or more likely none have been approved yet today by Fiverr. Maybe the fact that it’s a weekend is one reason.

On my buyer request page it normally shows them in reverse chronological order (most recent at the top, so it only shows the very old requests if I keep selecting “more”). Maybe the buyer who created that request from the 8th made the request active again (after it previously being removed from the list) so it appears at the top of the page?

Archived