Why does Fiverr allow users that cancel orders to keep selling?

batonikos

Why get the gig if they can’t complete and why waste my time. I am not talking about 5$ gigs but 40$ gigs. The 1st seller just got a lame excuse that he had to go away for 2 weeks for family reasons and he won’t be able to deliver. I checked our chat and he has been online every day since.

The 2nd seller just ghosted me the last 5 days. Great sellers Fiverr. I am more pissed with Fiverr than the sellers.

1st seller just got a lame excuse that he had to go away for 2 weeks for family reasons and he won’t be able to deliver.

How is this a lame excuse sir?

Should a responsible person put a fiverr order ahead of his life & family.

That doesn’t seem to be a lame excuse @batonikos

I cancelled 2 orders in a row last month because buyers couldn’t be bothered to provide any of the requirements I specifically request to start working.

If we’re going to penalize people for wasting each other’s time it should go both ways but since it’ll never will the right to cancel is the only thing that gives some semblance of control to the seller and it’s good we can keep it this way.

Assuming you still need the project to be done, here or elsewhere, I’d take another good look at it. If two people in a row bailed on it it could be bad luck, in which case I am truly sorry for your experience, or something about the task turned out to be unrealistic to do.

If we’re going to penalize people for wasting each other’s time it should go both ways

Definitely, agree with that.

Can’t really understand what could be wrong on my side, since I send them a pdf with the task and all deliverables, asked them for a price and if they can do it and they both said yes for X price and in that time.

Whenever you purchase on fiverr. It is obvious you are taking a risk. A risk is a risk!

They may either deliver or not.

Why do you need to hurt a seller with a negative review all because he/she didn’t deliver.

You don’t need to review a seller that wasn’t able to deliver, your money will definitely be returned.

These sellers are normal humans with their own challenges & problems.

Some of them lose loved ones in death and get terribly sick at times.

During these hard periods, they hardly remember if fiverr exists.

A seller will not tell you the terrible problem he/she is facing. Because he/she might get a warning for using guilt to manipulate the system.

I’m sorry they didn’t deliver.

But you don’t need to think you should still hurt them with a negative review.

They didn’t collect your money.

Fiverr knows how to deal with them!

It is not hurting, it is stating the facts. The fact that we cannot see how many times a seller has come through with an order and how many he has bailed is a disadvantage to me. If I knew he has done this before I would know to avoid him.

Also about the lame excuse, how about reading the whole message and quoting it all instead of just the part you are interested in. The fact that he was logging in every single day after he bailed shows me that he probably just bailed and was not able to deliver, instead of actually having family reasons to be offline.

Guest merciavideo

It is not hurting, it is stating the facts. The fact that we cannot see how many times a seller has come through with an order and how many he has bailed is a disadvantage to me. If I knew he has done this before I would know to avoid him.

Also about the lame excuse, how about reading the whole message and quoting it all instead of just the part you are interested in. The fact that he was logging in every single day after he bailed shows me that he probably just bailed and was not able to deliver, instead of actually having family reasons to be offline.

The fact that he was logging in every single day after he bailed shows me that he probably just bailed and was not able to deliver, instead of actually having family reasons to be offline.

It’s impossible to state this as fact. As has been explained, it could have been the mobile app showing the user online even when they weren’t.

A seller wasn’t able to do your gig, gave you a reasonable explanation because there is life outside Fiverr, and you got a refund. Job done.

Sellers can choose with whom they will and won’t work - it seems your sellers did exactly that, even though their completed percentages will take a hit, which could reduce their selling levels.

Dear @batonikos,

I’m really sorry hearing your unfortunate bad experience. But we the loyal sellers care buyer’s time frame very seriously. But all the fingers of a hand is not equal you know. Some are good and some are not. Same alike buyers. Even the same person don’t act same all the time. It vary with situation mate. I’m basically a seller in the market but sometimes I need to purchase gigs too. So, I have both side of experiences.

Don’t take it other way. Just let me share last night’s experience with you. A top rated buyer pinged me last night around 2AM. After 60minutes of chatting he didn’t purchased a $5 gig but he got all the info and learned how to do the task his own-self. What would you like to say? It sometimes happens in life and business and we don’t get any compensation but refund is better than nothing.

Wish you good luck buddy!

I completely understand where you are coming from but please also take in account that seller won’t gain anything by accepting and then cancelling the order. If they aren’t getting many sales, they might even lose their level for cancelling your order.

You got your refund and seller’s profile was affected negatively because of that cancellation.

I completely understand where you are coming from but please also take in account that seller won’t gain anything by accepting and then cancelling the order. If they aren’t getting many sales, they might even lose their level for cancelling your order.

You got your refund and seller’s profile was affected negatively because of that cancellation.

Yes, cancellation effect seller’s profile, reputation and business very badly. Sincere sellers who take the freelance work as profession/career try hard to avoid cancel even sometimes with sacrifice too. So, those sellers are surely suffering too on their side for the cancellations.

Why get the gig if they can’t complete and why waste my time. I am not talking about 5$ gigs but 40$ gigs. The 1st seller just got a lame excuse that he had to go away for 2 weeks for family reasons and he won’t be able to deliver. I checked our chat and he has been online every day since.

The 2nd seller just ghosted me the last 5 days. Great sellers Fiverr. I am more pissed with Fiverr than the sellers.

The 1st seller just got a lame excuse that he had to go away for 2 weeks for family reasons and he won’t be able to deliver. I checked our chat and he has been online every day since.

I’ve actually had to do this scenario before - family reasons. My turnaround time for this one project, and it was fairly large and custom one - was 20 days. We agreed to it - and somewhere around day 14 into the timeline, I had to cancel it. I apologized profusely but informed the buyer that my MIL had passed away and I was unable to do his project after all. I put all my gigs on vacation mode and I think I came back after a week.

He understood and still came back later. It sucked but family reasons unexpectedly do happen, and it could be that he had to go away for two weeks for family reasons that could be medical or whatever. Life does happen. Sometimes it is what it is.

Archived