Buyer X orders basic gig for custom order complexity and cancels after receiving it

devdesign15

Hello everyone,

Is there a list of horrible buyers here on Fiverr? The top buyer badge does not say anything about their seriousness. One of them would be a buyer named X, that is a contractor and always orders basic gigs for custom order work. Afterwards keeps asking for revisions, and if you do not agree, he cancels. This is the link to him, so you know if he contacts you for work, you will be better off with another buyer : https://www.fiverr.com/ X

So why isn’t fiverr taking care of this kind of clients? They always push you do to more work for less money, afterwards cancel and submit for review. This is abusive behaviour, how is this handled?

Thank you

Mod Note: Username removed. It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller.

Hello everyone,

Is there a list of horrible buyers here on Fiverr? The top buyer badge does not say anything about their seriousness. One of them would be a buyer named X, that is a contractor and always orders basic gigs for custom order work. Afterwards keeps asking for revisions, and if you do not agree, he cancels. This is the link to him, so you know if he contacts you for work, you will be better off with another buyer : https://www.fiverr.com/ X

So why isn’t fiverr taking care of this kind of clients? They always push you do to more work for less money, afterwards cancel and submit for review. This is abusive behaviour, how is this handled?

Thank you

Mod Note: Username removed. It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller.

Please edit your post to remove any usernames. Thank you.

God… I was happy I receive an instant answer to help and solve the problem, instead I receive something else. Ok, no usernames. So can someone give a solution to those kind of contractors that think other people’s time and life is wasted for nothing, so they can get the work and sell it later?

To be honest, there aren’t really any perfect safeguards against buyers like that. I mean, if you’ve done all of the work you promised, you can contact Customer Support and sometimes they’ll take your side and complete the order. You’ll get paid, but the buyer can still leave a review. It probably won’t be the most positive review you’ll ever get, either.

For a short period, an initiative was introduced whereby sellers could leave feedback for buyers, which would appear in public. That didn’t last long, however.

Usually the best advice is to refrain from doing business with somebody if you haven’t enjoyed the first couple of experiences. Also, contact Customer Support if you feel a buyer is asking you for something that goes beyond the scope of the order. CS are pretty fair.

To be honest, there aren’t really any perfect safeguards against buyers like that. I mean, if you’ve done all of the work you promised, you can contact Customer Support and sometimes they’ll take your side and complete the order. You’ll get paid, but the buyer can still leave a review. It probably won’t be the most positive review you’ll ever get, either.

For a short period, an initiative was introduced whereby sellers could leave feedback for buyers, which would appear in public. That didn’t last long, however.

Usually the best advice is to refrain from doing business with somebody if you haven’t enjoyed the first couple of experiences. Also, contact Customer Support if you feel a buyer is asking you for something that goes beyond the scope of the order. CS are pretty fair.

I do not want to work with him anymore, he keeps ordering from my gig. How can I block him? I just want my money for the work and time put, I do not need customer support to take sides. The developer should be paid if he delivered, even with revisions. I just want my money and want to block this kind of people that think that behind this computer and this account there isn’t a human being, working honestly for money

I do not want to work with him anymore, he keeps ordering from my gig. How can I block him? I just want my money for the work and time put, I do not need customer support to take sides. The developer should be paid if he delivered, even with revisions. I just want my money and want to block this kind of people that think that behind this computer and this account there isn’t a human being, working honestly for money

Is the order still open? If so, you’ll need to contact CS. If you’ve done all you agreed to do, they’ll probably complete the order for you and ensure you get paid. They do offer some protection to sellers.

Regarding blocking the buyer, you can’t really do that. You can block them from messaging you, but not from ordering from you. That’s kind of weird, I know. Usually a seller has to tell a buyer they no longer want to work with them.

You could increase the price of the basic gig.
Or if the basic gig doesn’t have revisions included you could add an extra to the gig for additional revisions. You could then let him know that he can order the extra revision(s) extra if he would like.

Is the order still open? If so, you’ll need to contact CS. If you’ve done all you agreed to do, they’ll probably complete the order for you and ensure you get paid. They do offer some protection to sellers.

Regarding blocking the buyer, you can’t really do that. You can block them from messaging you, but not from ordering from you. That’s kind of weird, I know. Usually a seller has to tell a buyer they no longer want to work with them.

Thank you for your answers, the order had a dispute and will reach CS. I will contact them and ask them for a way of blocking the buyer also. Not being able to block a buyer means in harrassment cases, developers are forced to deliver bad quality in future, it’s not a healthy approach. Again thank you for your answers and I hope a ban list will be introduced. It is easy to make an algorithm which reassignates developers to the flagged buyers

Thank you for your answers, the order had a dispute and will reach CS. I will contact them and ask them for a way of blocking the buyer also. Not being able to block a buyer means in harrassment cases, developers are forced to deliver bad quality in future, it’s not a healthy approach. Again thank you for your answers and I hope a ban list will be introduced. It is easy to make an algorithm which reassignates developers to the flagged buyers

I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a more satisfactory answer. I hope it all works out for the best!

Archived