I quit my job on my birthday to focus fulltime on fiverr 😀 🙁

Doing fiverr full-time since 2011, fiverr not my career it’s my lifestyle. So the moment you decided do it full time you better prepare anyone will blame your decision like your parents, spouse, friend, ex-colleague even the security guard at your apartment.

Not only fiverr, any business related to money will have slow days or maybe having only 3 sales in the entire month, that’s happened.

As you said u have a back up plan then you should not worry because for some people they rather jobless than doing 9to5 work IRL, and I’m one of them.

Good luck to your fiverr journey, nothing is eternal but you gonna know what you love to do in life in-order to work it out the way you dream of.

I have come to this platform for something similar. I’m not at all interested in doing a 9-5, and I’ve been doing that for 3 and half years now. If this turns out to be half as paying as my current job, I’d quit too.

Thank you for your insights!

I’ve been here for more than three years and, yes, you absolutely should expect crazy slow periods and then crazy fast periods.

April through May, I took on more orders than I ever have. I wrote over 350,000 words! I took a short trip out of state at the start of June and things slowed down. I even had some friends log in and continue to deliver orders for me (that I had completed ahead of time), but simply me not being online and present all the time affected my sales. I’ve noticed this before, too. If Fiverr notices a change in your activity levels, that can directly affect your gig rankings.

I always have repeat buyers placing orders, but my Fiverr income is best when supplemented by new customers. The thing is, Fiverr can take you up and down and in and out of search as they please without any reason whatsoever. I’ve learned to love the “slow” periods because it gives me the chance to rev up on the work I’m doing for my direct clients and, just last week, I became a ghostwriter for a Canadian startup company so that’s taking up more time too.

My point is: Please don’t only do Fiverr! Branch out, sooner rather than later. Good luck 😄

• 2 months later...

I always show people this article of mine when they talk about freelancing full time. Vital to freelancers.

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

Unfortunately, I can’t quit my job at this moment and turn to freelance completely, but some day I will :). As someone nicely elaborated, relying on Fiverr only is probably not the way a professional freelancer should go. I believe that sailing through the seas of freelance jobs is lot safer than putting both of your… eggs in the basket of some blood sucking corporation. Good luck!

Hey man,

I would advise trying to start a different gig. Maybe if you show activity, Fiverr will start pushing your content again. I know that in the blogging and WordPress industry, if you update a blog post Google ranks it higher. Try updating one of your popular gigs, just a minor change here and there.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, I can’t quit my job at this moment and turn to freelance completely, but some day I will :). As someone nicely elaborated, relying on Fiverr only is probably not the way a professional freelancer should go. I believe that sailing through the seas of freelance jobs is lot safer than putting both of your… eggs in the basket of some blood sucking corporation. Good luck!

You are right, you shouldn’t rely only on fiverr alone. I get jobs outside fiverr from my local market and internationally as well but I will always take fiverr seriously because it has proven to be an excellent platform dedicated to helping freelancers/business owner generate good revenue.

You are right, you shouldn’t rely only on fiverr alone. I get jobs outside fiverr from my local market and internationally as well but I will always take fiverr seriously because it has proven to be an excellent platform dedicated to helping freelancers/business owner generate good revenue.

Hi, for me fiverr is my main source of economy so far , but I still have other kind of part-time job, I think it will be better to have some part time job untill you get a lot of new buyers and return buyers to keep your earning as good as you wish 🙂

Archived