I need help! My completed orders are suddenly CANCELLED

xianzhuang

Looks like it’s really a worst experience. But we really can’t do anything here on forum my friend. All you can do is to contact Fiverr Customer Support and wait for their reply. However, it’s not Fiverr mistake, the buyer charged back and Fiverr also try to avoid these things. Thank you! 🙂

Here is the the updates after below serious incident happened. (original message is quoted below)

1. I filed more then 7 tickets to Fiverr and requested explanation. But Fiverr just ignored all my tickets. I personal sit in front of PC, I saw my ticket status changed from OPEN --> assigned to xxx --> SOLVED (without any reply or message) --> ticket disappear

2. I file the issue to BBB, and finally got the reply from Fiverr. Meantime, I received following email from Fiverr as the response to one of my ticket.

_Hello,_

_The transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity. In such cases, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection (for example, a stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users. _

Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Our Trust & Safety Team is currently reviewing the buyer’s account. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot disclose any actions that will be taken by our Trust & Safety Team regarding the buyer’s account.

_We appreciate your understanding. Your account has been restored. _

Kind regards,

1. There is no details in the email. Here by I sent another email to request the explanation. 35 hours passed, no reply from Fiverr.

2. I reported the case in Police. Police officer told me this call " INFO on SCAM". And clearly mentioned Fiverr shall response on this issue.

==========original message =======

Two days ago, a buyer (*******) sent me order to purchase a game gift card from Taobao. I took the order and did purchasing and delivery. Everything goes smoothly. Buyer placed order -> Seller deliver the order -> Buyer marked COMPLETED and 5 star -> I saw the amount ran to my revenue. There were 11 repeated orders. Total Value is USD 1650.

However, out of sudden, Fiverr sent me emails and cancelled all my orders.

To complete those orders, I did spent around 1500 USD, Now ALL THE MONEY GONE.

Fiverr restricted my account without explanation.

I don’t know where is wrong. I checked Fiverr T&C. There is no mention cannot purchase on behalf of others,

I filed ticket to custom support, no reply yet.

$1500 is not a small amount. Anyone can help???

Mod Note: Username removed!

My argument is based on below facts:

1. Fiverr has not state clearly about the reason of cancellation. Fiverr stated “the transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity.” I would like to have the exact reason & details for the case. If this is caused by “fraudulent order”, I need the clear statement from Fiverr, so that I can report the case to the police.
  2. As the user of Fiverr, I followed Fiverr’s online safety tips, “While payments done through Fiverr are completely safe and secure”. However, in my case, the payment marked completed is totally NOT SAFE and NOT SECURE.
  3. As Fiverr’s reply, “Fiverr reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.” So is the fund still ON HOLD or returned back to buyer? If this is the fraudulent order, and Fiverr received money at their platform, why they refund the amount to the buyer (cheater), and leave the loose to the victim. In another words, Fiverr did not act properly when they suspect the fraudulent order.
  4. On the other hand, I received email from the buyer (cheater), and mentioned he was banned by Fiverr and Fiverr hold all his money. He had 800$ left in his Fiverr account. If Fiverr agree that is the fraudulent order, and holding his money, shall Fiverr compensate this amount to me (victim) in such case?

Here is one of the main problems with getting anyone to do anything about this, and I mentioned it in your other thread.

This involved buying giftcards for someone. This means that no one knows if you are yourself somehow involved in this scheme. Instead of you being out the money, and I’m not accusing you, just saying how the police may look at it, it could have been a friend of yours who ordered from you and had you buy them.

Also this is an international website and the local police don’t have jurisdiction.

I really can’t see who would actually refund the money to you based on these things.

Anyone who buys giftcards for a stranger on the internet and then is surprised when there is a chargeback on the money they received has learned a difficult lesson.

Did it occur to you to wonder why they couldn’t directly buy the cards themself?

Why complain to the BBB when this has nothing to do with anything fiverr did wrong? Fiverr was defrauded out of their 20% and was a victim too.

It seems you are still confused about exactly what happened and think that fiverr is to blame somehow.

On the other hand, I received email from the buyer

How are you still communicating with the buyer if he is banned from fiverr?

Why fiverr not explain or give warning before they cancel completed order?

Fiverr didn’t cancel it, the buyer canceled it by filing a chargeback. Fiverr wouldn’t have known the buyer was going to do that, so they couldn’t warn you. The others are correct that you sold a very risky service. Anything that costs you cash out of pocket is extremely dangerous, especially if you take orders for more than one item at a time.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you send Customer Support more than one ticket in a short time period, it makes Support see a red flag. They will typically start shutting down your tickets because you don’t give them enough time to investigate. You can check all over the forum and find other people who got block by Support for spamming Support. At this point you will be lucky if you hear anything further at all.

I’m truly sorry you lost funds. It is a terrible way to learn not to engage in risky behavior with anonymous people across the internet. Good luck and I hope you won’t engage in that kind of sales anymore.

I Will keep pushing. I can’t believe Fiverr is so helpless…

Pushing may hurt you, so be aware. Fiverr did not cause the problem in this case, so please take care with your words. If you go further with negative comments about staff, your posts may violate the forum rules.

Fiverr didn’t cancel it, the buyer canceled it by filing a chargeback. Fiverr wouldn’t have known the buyer was going to do that, so they couldn’t warn you.

1. If that is the case, after Fiverr received filling of a chargeback, shall they investigate the issue first? How can Fiverr return the money immediately? (As seller, we need 14 days to receive our tiny earnings.)
  2. Now we know this is the scam by this buyer, shall Fiverr help to provide the details for me to report to police?
  3. As the buyer’s email to me, he was banned by Fiverr with 800$ left in his account, shall Fiverr check and give me the response?
  4. If you are the staff of Fiverr, I sincerely wish you can stand on the position of victim and escalate this issue to your higher management.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you send Customer Support more than one ticket in a short time period, it makes Support see a red flag. They will typically start shutting down your tickets because you don’t give them enough time to investigate.

I need clarify that I filled ticket one by one after they close all my tickets.

At first, 2 tickets filed for order cancellation and account restriction.

The account restriction ticket was closed after 8 hours. subsequently, same happened to my order cancellation ticket.

I sent follow up tickets, but the same happened repeately. That is why you may say filled many tickets.

Pushing may hurt you, so be aware. Fiverr did not cause the problem in this case, so please take care with your words. If you go further with negative comments about staff, your posts may violate the forum rules.

Please be fair. I only need the explanation and help from Fiverr. I am not against to you or your staffs. I wish the management awareness on this issue and looking for a fair solution.

Fiverr didn’t cancel it, the buyer canceled it by filing a chargeback. Fiverr wouldn’t have known the buyer was going to do that, so they couldn’t warn you.

1. If that is the case, after Fiverr received filling of a chargeback, shall they investigate the issue first? How can Fiverr return the money immediately? (As seller, we need 14 days to receive our tiny earnings.)
  2. Now we know this is the scam by this buyer, shall Fiverr help to provide the details for me to report to police?
  3. As the buyer’s email to me, he was banned by Fiverr with 800$ left in his account, shall Fiverr check and give me the response?
  4. If you are the staff of Fiverr, I sincerely wish you can stand on the position of victim and escalate this issue to your higher management.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you send Customer Support more than one ticket in a short time period, it makes Support see a red flag. They will typically start shutting down your tickets because you don’t give them enough time to investigate.

The account restriction ticket was closed after 8 hours. subsequently, same happened to my order cancellation ticket.

I sent follow up tickets, but the same happened repeately. That is why you may say filled many tickets.

Please be fair. I only need the explanation and help from Fiverr. I am not against to you or your staffs. I wish the management awareness on this issue and looking for a fair solution.

As the buyer’s email to me, he was banned by Fiverr with 800$ left in his account, shall Fiverr check and give me the response?

Do you know that you are not supposed to have communication by email with a buyer?

There is nothing fiverr can do in this case. You were scammed and so was fiverr.

If you are still emailing with the buyer then you honestly need to read the terms of service.

You probably will never get refunded the money you lost, I’m sorry to report. You had a role in this situation also. There is nothing in your gig that says you will purchase gift cards for someone. I would think fiverr would ban anyone who does that.

If you are the staff of Fiverr, I sincerely wish you can stand on the position of victim and escalate this issue to your higher management.

She is a forum moderator, a seller who volunteers her free time to keep the forum clean. She’s not a Fiverr employee; the only way to talk to Fiverr staff is to talk to Customer Support.

As the buyer’s email to me, he was banned by Fiverr with 800$ left in his account, shall Fiverr check and give me the response?

If you’re communicating with the buyer outside of Fiverr, you’re violating Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

Now we know this is the scam by this buyer, shall Fiverr help to provide the details for me to report to police?

I doubt it. Due to their Privacy Policy, they can’t do that.

Here is one of the main problems with getting anyone to do anything about this, and I mentioned it in your other thread.

This involved buying giftcards for someone. This means that no one knows if you are yourself somehow involved in this scheme. Instead of you being out the money, and I’m not accusing you, just saying how the police may look at it, it could have been a friend of yours who ordered from you and had you buy them.

Also this is an international website and the local police don’t have jurisdiction.

I really can’t see who would actually refund the money to you based on these things.

Anyone who buys giftcards for a stranger on the internet and then is surprised when there is a chargeback on the money they received has learned a difficult lesson.

Did it occur to you to wonder why they couldn’t directly buy the cards themself?

Why complain to the BBB when this has nothing to do with anything fiverr did wrong? Fiverr was defrauded out of their 20% and was a victim too.

It seems you are still confused about exactly what happened and think that fiverr is to blame somehow.

On the other hand, I received email from the buyer

Yes. I do checked the supplier in taobao cannot accept overseas credit card, so ppl need to get someone to buy on behalf. Further more, I trusted Fiverr and understand all the payment through Fiverr is SAFE and SECURE. I order only when I saw the payment proceed to Fiverr. But now it is not SAFE and SECURE at all.

I tried my luck to send the email to his Fiverr username +@gmail.com. That is how I received reply from buyer. If he is a cheater, he shall not reply me.

Guest offlinehelpers

Yes. I do checked the supplier in taobao cannot accept overseas credit card, so ppl need to get someone to buy on behalf. Further more, I trusted Fiverr and understand all the payment through Fiverr is SAFE and SECURE. I order only when I saw the payment proceed to Fiverr. But now it is not SAFE and SECURE at all.

I tried my luck to send the email to his Fiverr username +@gmail.com. That is how I received reply from buyer. If he is a cheater, he shall not reply me.

taobao cannot accept overseas credit card, so ppl need to get someone to buy on behalf.

Do you not think there might be a reason for that?

By doing what you did you more than likely broke the ToS of the website where you bought the gift card etc.

I’m sorry for what happened to you, but you really should have seen it coming. It’s nothing to do with Fiverr being safe and secure or not - it’s down to each of us as sellers to look at situations and work out if they’re a good idea or not. I’m afraid you need to take responsibility for this - you were naive and somebody took advantage of you.

Very sad history! How can you guys take such risk? Using your credit card to make transaction for someone else. Are you serious? What I can suggest :

• The buyer surely requested for a chargeback which he/she succed to,

• Contact the support or even use the calling option,

• Never even do such transaction, very risky,

• Do not share your Email with any buyer (only if it’s crucial to process the order on fiverr) because it’s against the TOS.

It’s not the end of the world. Try to keep the game up and contact the support.
I do not like to hear such history happening to someone.

All the best.
Arienne.

It was nice of this scammer to give you 7 excellent reviews! That was a nice bonus at least. 🙂 He could have purchased more than one at a time, but chose instead to do one at a time so he could leave separate reviews.

I suppose he thought he would be able to keep his $800 in his account after all this too.

He probably didn’t realize that after a chargeback, fiverr closes the account and in the case of fraud keeps the money. Too bad for him. 🙂

If you are the staff of Fiverr, I sincerely wish you can stand on the position of victim and escalate this issue to your higher management.

She is a forum moderator, a seller who volunteers her free time to keep the forum clean. She’s not a Fiverr employee; the only way to talk to Fiverr staff is to talk to Customer Support.

If you’re communicating with the buyer outside of Fiverr, you’re violating Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

Now we know this is the scam by this buyer, shall Fiverr help to provide the details for me to report to police?

I doubt it. Due to their Privacy Policy, they can’t do that.

I wrote to this buyer after Fiverr banned him. He is not the user of Fivver. How can you comment that I am violating Fiverr’s TOS? Meantime, I was so helpless, I sent tickets to Fiverr, but no reply. My reply email to Fiverr has been 44 hours, still no reply…

I wrote to this buyer after Fiverr banned him. He is not the user of Fivver. How can you comment that I am violating Fiverr’s TOS? Meantime, I was so helpless, I sent tickets to Fiverr, but no reply. My reply email to Fiverr has been 44 hours, still no reply…

I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you.

Very sad history! How can you guys take such risk? Using your credit card to make transaction for someone else. Are you serious? What I can suggest :

• The buyer surely requested for a chargeback which he/she succed to,

• Contact the support or even use the calling option,

• Never even do such transaction, very risky,

• Do not share your Email with any buyer (only if it’s crucial to process the order on fiverr) because it’s against the TOS.

It’s not the end of the world. Try to keep the game up and contact the support.

I do not like to hear such history happening to someone.

All the best.

Arienne.

Contact the support or even use the calling option,

Yes. That is the point also. Fiverr do not have any customer support phone no. I searched “whole google”, cannot find any valid number to Fivver.

It was nice of this scammer to give you 7 excellent reviews! That was a nice bonus at least. 🙂 He could have purchased more than one at a time, but chose instead to do one at a time so he could leave separate reviews.

I suppose he thought he would be able to keep his $800 in his account after all this too.

He probably didn’t realize that after a chargeback, fiverr closes the account and in the case of fraud keeps the money. Too bad for him. 🙂

It was nice of this scammer to give you 7 excellent reviews!

11 reviews.

Check out his buyers, most of them are no longer on Fiverr.

It was nice of this scammer to give you 7 excellent reviews!

11 reviews.

To catwriter: I respect you as regular. But you need to respect others as well. All my buyers left 5 star with excellent comments. How can you blame me if the buyers are no longer with Fiverr.

Meantime, the scammer’s excellent reviews are all blocked after the orders canceled. It actually not good for me. But I am not arguing.

BTW, how can you know if the buyer is no longer on Fiverr? Do Fiverr banned them or they banned Fiverr.

To catwriter: I respect you as regular. But you need to respect others as well. All my buyers left 5 star with excellent comments. How can you blame me if the buyers are no longer with Fiverr.

Meantime, the scammer’s excellent reviews are all blocked after the orders canceled. It actually not good for me. But I am not arguing.

BTW, how can you know if the buyer is no longer on Fiverr? Do Fiverr banned them or they banned Fiverr.

How can you blame me if the buyers are no longer with Fiverr.

I don’t blame you. I just think that it’s strange.

BTW, how can you know if the buyer is no longer on Fiverr?

By clicking on their username, and seeing that they no longer have a profile on Fiverr.

How can you blame me if the buyers are no longer with Fiverr.

I don’t blame you. I just think that it’s strange.

BTW, how can you know if the buyer is no longer on Fiverr?

By clicking on their username, and seeing that they no longer have a profile on Fiverr.

I don’t know what is the buyer leaving rate on Fiverr, But what I care is when I deliver, they satisfied.

I am genuinely sorry this happened to you but you were extremely naive here, to the point that I can’t believe how much so.

This is one of the oldest and most commonly reported internet scams. Even if you or Fiverr were to fight the chargeback, the buyer simply has to say the gift codes did not work or were fake and you would not be able to prove otherwise. This is an expensive lesson for you to learn but I sincerely doubt there is anything Fiverr or anyone else can do to help you. I presume you have contacted the company that you bought the gift cards from? They are the only ones who might have a chance of helping.

Archived