Good morning, it's Sunday

zeus777

I don’t think that fruit would go well with Graviera.

Graviera

I had to look up what kind of cheese it is. By the description, it is a sweet and nutty cheese. It kind of sounds like a Norwegian cheese I enjoy called Gjetost. It is a brown cheese and tastes wonderful on toast.

Edit: and it would not be good with fruit!

Graviera

I had to look up what kind of cheese it is. By the description, it is a sweet and nutty cheese. It kind of sounds like a Norwegian cheese I enjoy called Gjetost. It is a brown cheese and tastes wonderful on toast.

Edit: and it would not be good with fruit!

Gruyère is nutty, not Graviera. 🙂 Graviera is from Greece, and Gruyère is a Swiss cheese.

en.wikipedia.org
1937000422_220px-Fromage_de_CrC3A8te_28Graviera29.JPG.e54c411c9901f5b15a21484b70494712.JPG

Graviera

Graviera (Greek: γραβιέρα Greek pronunciation: [ɣra.'vʝe.ra]) is a cheese from Greece produced in various parts of Greece, the main of which are: Crete, Lesbos, Naxos and Amfilochia. It is not to be confused with the Swiss cheese gruyère, which is a related cheese that in some languages has a name similar to Graviera. Graviera is Greece’s second most popular cheese after feta. Made in wheels, the rind of the hard cheese is marked with the characteristic crisscross pattern of its draining cloth. ...

en.wikipedia.org
220px-Gruyere_alpage_th_wa.jpg

Gruyère cheese

Gruyère (/ɡruːˈjɛər/ or /ɡrɪˈjɛər/; French pronunciation: ​[ɡʁyjɛʁ], German: Greyerzer) is a hard yellow cheese that originated in the cantons of Fribourg, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Jura, and Bern in Switzerland. It is named after the town of Gruyères. Before 2001, when Gruyère gained the appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC, now AOP) status as a Swiss cheese, some controversy existed whether French cheeses of a similar nature could also be labelled Gruyère (French Gruyère-style cheeses include Comté and ...

992313235_260px-GruyC3A8re.jpg.6b33cad8e9a74582163df29a39a3e52c.jpg

Archived