Contd Discussions About Level Updates - St. Levels Day - Pt 2

mudassarali143

Hello All,

I am level two seller. Last 20days, I didn’t do any work in Fiverr. Today I return in Fiverr and checked the Analytics and I totally shocked. Screenshot%20at%20Feb%2002%2023-20-15

Now it is threatening to me. Maybe I’ll lose my 2nd level seller position. Don’t know how can recover. Please suggest me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, with the new eval system, it seems like Level 2 sellers and Top Rated Sellers will have more professional weight in the months to come.

But…What about Pro Sellers?

We are all working hard to get TRS status (despite possible demotions)… But do you think that, with a buyer’s option to just pick a Pro seller, that TRS distinction won’t matter?

If Fiverr is distinguishing certain sellers as professionals in their category, doesn’t that make the rest of the sellers ‘amateurs’, by Fiverr’s standard, in our respective fields? And, if I were a buyer: why would I select an amateur for my project over a professional? I worry that it will make it harder to get gigs…Especially those that are of high value/caliber.

Thoughts?

The point is that the person selling higher priced/valued gigs – the higher stakes folk with longer delivery times – are getting hit harder than the people selling many low value/price gigs. Frankly, I’ve been in my industry 30 years, not sure why I should have to stoop to competing in the $5 market when I can charge 1 person hundreds of dollars and thrill them with a higher value product.

Fiverrs rules apply to everyone equally, no matter how high or low-priced your gigs are.

me> If I sell 20 $5 gigs a month, that’s $100, instead say I’m selling 1-4 a month at $700. Not sure what’s less trustworthy about delivering more value for more money. Fiverr makes more money off me than the person selling 20 gigs. What’s less “proven” about that?

me> The point is that the person selling higher priced/valued gigs – the higher stakes folk with longer delivery times – are getting hit harder than the people selling many low value/price gigs. Frankly, I’ve been in my industry 30 years, not sure why I should have to stoop to competing in the $5 market when I can charge 1 person hundreds of dollars and thrill them with a higher value product.

Fiverrs rules apply to everyone equally, no matter how high or low-priced your gigs are.

Yes. I get that. It’s not about the price. It’s about the quantity of orders. You yourself had said that Fiverr is interested in making more money, so thus they don’t care about penalizing people making higher priced orders. So you self-contradicted because I just showed you how someone making lower VOLUME may be making more money for both themselves and Fiverr.

The penalty in question is the order cancellation penalty, though other “low volume” penalties exist.

I’ve been on Fiverr over 24 months have 23 cancellations. I have 304 completed orders. I don’t arbitrarily cancel orders. That’s 7% cancellation rate. However on a 60-day-window basis 1 cancellation requires 9 completed orders to balance it out. The woman writing 50K word novels takes 2 orders maybe 3 within a 60 day window. She will never be able to cancel an order and maintain her level.

I have a little more flexibility because I have other gigs that are lower priced and easier to deliver. However, they’re also highly competitive so as the marketplace gets more gigs offered, I get less orders over time. I’m most competitive in my more unique and expensive offerings that people just can’t simply compete with. I have 1 cancellation in the last 60 days. I am 1 order from “fixing” my stats so I can go back to Level 2. However, I will ALWAYS be chasing those other 9 orders I need in order to cancel 1 order. And the penalty for that 1 cancellation is for 2 months. I generally can’t even do 9 cookbook orders in 2 months — unless they’re all short, ebooks, black & white simple interiors and with no editing. Then maybe. I don’t get 9 requests for quotes in 60 days.

Then the flip side of this issue is “just get a Buyers Request” but they always have very poor specifications so it’s impossible to bid accurately on the buyers requests. Unless I want to chance someone accepting my “placeholder” bid to do a big job, I have to be very careful about that section — it could actually end up becoming the very problem I’m attempting to resolve by seeking more orders. If a client wants a full-color interior with indexing and my “placeholder bid” was $100 pending more specifications, they’re getting basically a $1000 cookbook for $100 or I’m getting penalized. Because the way the current system works now, all the customer has to do is refuse to pay more, refuse to be happy with the order, even be unhappy with my delivery and give me a 1* rating, and they have me by the hair dragging me into the Netherworld.

Please consider the issues and don’t simply defend Fiverr outright. The current system penalizes these types of sellers. There’s no need to defend Fiverr or be offended by it. It’s just a fact of the numbers, calculations, requirements and penalties. I’m not cursing them out. I am incensed and I’m going to continue to complain about it so they crunch the numbers and data and realize they’ve made a mistake and figure out how to tweak it.

I’ve already suggested a 1-mutual-cancellation allowance per month that isn’t counted toward the stats. This way those who only get under 10 orders over the span of 2 months are not immediately penalized for 1 or 2 bad apples and aren’t under duress from shifty customers taking advantage of their additional vulnerability.

I also think that sellers should not be penalized at all for buyers who are in violation of terms of service, or asking for/demanding something illegal, above and beyond the above request.

I have had people approach me with completely plagiarized work, and I refuse to work on it. If they place an order and hand me illegal copy stolen from other people — I’m supposed to bend over backwards to please them and not cancel. And if I go to CS and let them know this person is breaking the law, and they cancel the order — I’m still penalized. And yes, I’ve had this type of thing happen where I’ve had to tell a customer I can’t help them and I have it in my orders that I will not help people plagiarize.

If you only have 2 orders then there’s no allowance at all.

If someone can’t manage to not cancel one of the only two orders they get they shouldn’t be on fiverr.

Sellers have to have enough orders per month to make this work, so there comes a price point where you don’t get enough orders at such a high price to keep your level if you have any cancellations. So sellers need to take this into account when pricing their gigs.

So having a minimum 30 orders per month should be enough.

If a seller gets less than that maybe they should stay at a lower level, or maybe their prices are too high for this site to make it work.

How this will work when a seller needs to be gone for two weeks or more remains to be seen. It looks like a risk to take a vacation.

Somehow fiverr needs to adjust this to allow for vacation time without losing a level.

If someone can’t manage to not cancel one of the only two orders they get they shouldn’t be on fiverr.

Sellers have to have enough orders per month to make this work, so there comes a price point where you don’t get enough orders at such a high price to keep your level if you have any cancellations. So sellers need to take this into account when pricing their gigs.

If a seller gets less than that maybe they should stay at a lower level, or maybe their prices are too high for this site to make it work.

How this will work when a seller needs to be gone for two weeks or more remains to be seen. It looks like a risk to take a vacation.

Somehow fiverr needs to adjust this to allow for vacation time without losing a level.

Based on the recent changes I’d say it’s the other way around. They seem to favor bigger orders and I’m sure they’ll figure something out for the cancellation rate.

That sounds pretty pompous. So, say I have my one specialty gig for cookbook creation. I get one order, everything’s OK. It’s a big fancy job, going to take 21-30 days to complete.

I get another order, everything is plagiarized. I tell the author that I can’t work on their plagiarized text. They have to write everything from scratch. Even if they want to do it, it’s going to take them 6 months to complete because they have a full-time job, and they want to cancel. Now what? I can’t work on the text they’ve provided. I can’t force them to quit their job and concentrate on writing the book within the next X days so we can complete the order. The customer is “always right” and wants to cancel, but I have to somehow CONVINCE them not to cancel and to do SOMETHING that would make them 5* happy to complete the order…

What would you do?

That sounds pretty pompous. So, say I have my one specialty gig for cookbook creation. I get one order, everything’s OK. It’s a big fancy job, going to take 21-30 days to complete.

I get another order, everything is plagiarized. I tell the author that I can’t work on their plagiarized text. They have to write everything from scratch. Even if they want to do it, it’s going to take them 6 months to complete because they have a full-time job, and they want to cancel. Now what? I can’t work on the text they’ve provided. I can’t force them to quit their job and concentrate on writing the book within the next X days so we can complete the order. The customer is “always right” and wants to cancel, but I have to somehow CONVINCE them not to cancel and to do SOMETHING that would make them 5* happy to complete the order…

What would you do?

I stand by what I said. I won’t try to explain it since that might also sound pompous. Nothing like insulting someone and then requesting more from them.

Archived