Contd Discussions About Level Updates - St. Levels Day - Pt 2

mudassarali143

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can not take this as a Threat.

If you taking this as a Threat … then its means Fiver is Threatening us

Threatening means “Expressing a threat of something unpleasant or violent”.

This is just a New Level System implemented last month and still there is some issues as you described about 4.8 is unfair or seller will be punished for buyers mistake …etc. We should believe fiver will update this in future to be fare for both buyers and sellers.

No systems will be perfect on its first step of the implementation.

It’s like having a job and being put on probation, you know you can get fired at any time. Fiverr is threatening our livelihoods, that’s the threat.

Being demoted is extremely unpleasant, it is a punishment, and I fear I will be demoted to level 1. How many gigs can a level one have? I bet I’m going to have to pause, even delete some gigs.

This system will never be perfect because it’s completely wrongheaded. Since level 2’s don’t get automatic promotions to TRS, the system is only a stick and not a carrot. The system punishes rather than rewards.

Had a great month? Made $10,000 in sales? Doesn’t matter. If your rating is 4.7, you’re getting demoted. What other company in the world demotes their best employees over BS?

It’s like having a job and being put on probation, you know you can get fired at any time. Fiverr is threatening our livelihoods, that’s the threat.

Being demoted is extremely unpleasant, it is a punishment, and I fear I will be demoted to level 1. How many gigs can a level one have? I bet I’m going to have to pause, even delete some gigs.

This system will never be perfect because it’s completely wrongheaded. Since level 2’s don’t get automatic promotions to TRS, the system is only a stick and not a carrot. The system punishes rather than rewards.

Had a great month? Made $10,000 in sales? Doesn’t matter. If your rating is 4.7, you’re getting demoted. What other company in the world demotes their best employees over BS?

Level ones are allowed ten active gigs.

I have completed 121 order successfully, got 104 five star reviews and mutually cancel 17 orders. But max of the mutual cancel order was miscommunication, sometimes they ordered without communicate with me. I don’t see much fault.

I have completed 121 order successfully, got 104 five star reviews and mutually cancel 17 orders. But max of the mutual cancel order was miscommunication, sometimes they ordered without communicate with me. I don’t see much fault.

Your solution is simple: Don’t cancel orders just because buyers don’t contact you first.

You have cancelled 12% of all of the orders that you have ever received. This is unacceptable.

Fiverr doesn’t like it when you do this – they don’t want you to cancel orders just because buyers don’t contact you. Yet you keep cancelling orders anyway. Fiverr has established guidelines, and you keep ignoring them. Of course you should be penalized for all those cancellations, and Fiverr is right to do so.

Fiverr is not set up to force buyers to contact you before placing orders. You cannot force the system to work contrary to how it was designed. Buyers should have everything they need listed in your gig description, and in your gig packages. Fiverr is a retail services website. Fiverr wants buyers to place orders without having to contact you first.

Therefore, you are, most definitely, at fault for both for forcing buyers to go against the way the system is designed, and insulting the buyers who follow that established system by cancelling their orders for no reasonable reason.

Follow the rules, and you won’t be penalized. It’s as simple as that.

I think for the most part it is a good system…

For the cancelation, an improvement on Fiverr’s side could be that when checking off the reason for cancelation that it won’t always affect the seller. For example… some people don’t read it correct or read it at all, and the completion rate shouldn’t change because a buyer didn’t read a gig through. In other cases it should still affect the buyer but there should be exceptions.

I think for the most part it is a good system…

For the cancelation, an improvement on Fiverr’s side could be that when checking off the reason for cancelation that it won’t always affect the seller. For example… some people don’t read it correct or read it at all, and the completion rate shouldn’t change because a buyer didn’t read a gig through. In other cases it should still affect the buyer but there should be exceptions.

I think the problem with this idea, though, is that as soon as unscrupulous sellers figure out which checkbox results in no penalty to their completion rate, they’ll start checking that box every time they cancel. And when that happens, the idea becomes useless, because many unscrupulous, fake, scammer, and terrible sellers would rather be dishonest than lower their completion rate.

What you mean above is there is a Risk … its not threatening. In every business we have to take risk when processing even if we are doing our own business.

Being demoted is extremely unpleasant, it is a punishment, and I fear I will be demoted to level 1

If we are upto the analytic requirement then why should be demoted

This how you assume due to you have demoted from the last evaluation. If we ask from anyone promoted from the last evaluation they will assume as this is perfect. This is how the human nature.

We should be steady and we should learn something from each failures to more forward to the sucess

Yes its true … Fiver dose not evaluating sellers from the value of the sale done or how many client bought in. They are evaluating from the performance. its same for every one. If anyone did a huge sale and weak in performance will be demoted other wise it will not fair.

I think the problem with this idea, though, is that as soon as unscrupulous sellers figure out which checkbox results in no penalty to their completion rate, they’ll start checking that box every time they cancel. And when that happens, the idea becomes useless, because many unscrupulous, fake, scammer, and terrible sellers would rather be dishonest than lower their completion rate.

That’s true unfortunately since there are scammers out there. I didn’t think of this.

Hopefully some solution will come where it works out for genuine sellers and buyers and doesn’t for scammers.

Pro sellers will have their levels evaluated just like the rest of us.

True, but don’t you think that even the lowest rated professional will appear more ‘legit’ to buyers than the highest rated non-pro?

Maybe I’m overthinking this.

True, but don’t you think that even the lowest rated professional will appear more ‘legit’ to buyers than the highest rated non-pro?

When I look at a Pro seller’s profile, all I see is the Pro badge, I don’t even think about a level to be honest.

Pro gigs are in no way in direct competition with regular ones.

They are targeted towards a different audience.

The only way to see my Pro badge, would be to open my profile page.

Otherwise under search results, my gigs are there along with everyone else’s.

Except my Pro gig of course.

But like I said, Pro gigs will be dismissed by buyers looking into regular ones 99% of the time.

And btw, I can still lose all my levels like evreryone else.

What you mean above is there is a Risk … its not threatening. In every business we have to take risk when processing even if we are doing our own business.

Being demoted is extremely unpleasant, it is a punishment, and I fear I will be demoted to level 1

If we are upto the analytic requirement then why should be demoted

This how you assume due to you have demoted from the last evaluation. If we ask from anyone promoted from the last evaluation they will assume as this is perfect. This is how the human nature.

We should be steady and we should learn something from each failures to more forward to the sucess

Yes its true … Fiver dose not evaluating sellers from the value of the sale done or how many client bought in. They are evaluating from the performance. its same for every one. If anyone did a huge sale and weak in performance will be demoted other wise it will not fair.

OK, imagine you had a real estate license and the government told you, “if you can’t sell 1 house a month, we’re going to confiscate your license.” That’s exactly what Fiverr is doing! They’re demoting perfectly good people, even great people. Yes, even TRS’s have been demoted. Some categories don’t even have a TRS serving them anymore.

Fiver dose not evaluating sellers from the value of the sale done or how many client bought in. They are evaluating from the performance.

Which is ridiculous. A seller that completes 10 orders a month and gets 5 star reviews is now greater than a seller who does 100 or even 500 orders a month and gets 4.5-4.9 reviews.

OK, imagine you had a real estate license and the government told you, “if you can’t sell 1 house a month, we’re going to confiscate your license.” That’s exactly what Fiverr is doing! They’re demoting perfectly good people, even great people. Yes, even TRS’s have been demoted. Some categories don’t even have a TRS serving them anymore.

Fiver dose not evaluating sellers from the value of the sale done or how many client bought in. They are evaluating from the performance.

Which is ridiculous. A seller that completes 10 orders a month and gets 5 star reviews is now greater than a seller who does 100 or even 500 orders a month and gets 4.5-4.9 reviews.

if you can’t sell 1 house a month, we’re going to confiscate your license

On real estate business if any goverment implemented the above rule then we have to 100% agree with which is wrong. But this is not happened here.

Just imagine in the same real estate business government is telling you as if the customers are not satisfied with the houses you have sold on last mount and we will evaluate customer reviews and will take action agains your license then it will be fair. This is what happened here.

Yes its true they have concentrated on the quality rather than the quantity.

We can not estimate as if any one handling 100 or 500 orders who are greater than who does 10. Coz if those 100 orders handled for each 5$ and who is doing 10 of each 100$ then who will be grater now.

There for evaluating from the quantity will not work.

On the other hand if you are doing more quantity you have more chances to save your reviews with required standard means out of 100 orders if you got poor review of 1star for 4 orders still your rating will remain 4.8. But if you got a poor rating of 1 star out of 10 orders you will be demoted.

Archived