One of my friend suspended his fiverr account because of using publice IP in the public place!

oliur76

poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes
    • No
    • I just now lied

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forum users are reminded to be respectful to each other and that replies and quotes are part and parcel of engaging on the forum. If you do not wish to receive notifications from someone, use your account settings to stop receiving them.

If you do not wish to receive notifications from someone, use your account settings to stop receiving them.

How do we do this? (20 characters)

If you do not wish to receive notifications from someone, use your account settings to stop receiving them.

How do we do this? (20 characters)

Copy the following link and put your own username in it. https://forum.fiverr.com/u/YOURUSERNAME/preferences/notifications

Scroll down and add the username of the user you want to mute, to your mute list.

You can still see what they post on the forum but will not be notified if they tag, quote or reply to you

Copy the following link and put your own username in it. https://forum.fiverr.com/u/YOURUSERNAME/preferences/notifications

Scroll down and add the username of the user you want to mute, to your mute list.

You can still see what they post on the forum but will not be notified if they tag, quote or reply to you

I bookmarked this hint.

I’d like to permanently put certain users on mute as in never see ANY of their posts.

Or a block feature, where they cannot initiate a conversation/PM.

Wishful thinking! 😄

Guest logoeasy

Is IP address one of the many reasons why a Fiverr account may be blocked / suspended ?

• Yes
  • No

0voters

There are numerous reasons as to why a Fiverr account, on a case to case basis, may get blocked / suspended.
Is IP address one of those numerous reasons,sometimes on a case to case basis ?
All reasons may not at the same time, corresspond to an account block / suspension.
But, sometimes it could be the IP ?
Online portals like Fiverr do not like spammy behaviour & abuse such as multiple accounts, etc. So, online portals like Fiverr, rely on some algorithms to detect suspicious activity and these algorithms apart from other aspects, also rely on IP address data that are monitored and updated by well known anti-spam agencies which blacklist IP addresses associated with spammy behaviour.
Once again, yes, there are many other factors that determine how Fiverr may block or suspend an account.
But, this poll asks if you think that IP address may sometimes be one of the many reasons for an account blocked / suspension.

Guest offlinehelpers

Is IP address one of the many reasons why a Fiverr account may be blocked / suspended ?

• Yes
  • No

0voters

There are numerous reasons as to why a Fiverr account, on a case to case basis, may get blocked / suspended.

All reasons may not at the same time, corresspond to an account block / suspension.

Online portals like Fiverr do not like spammy behaviour & abuse such as multiple accounts, etc. So, online portals like Fiverr, rely on some algorithms to detect suspicious activity and these algorithms apart from other aspects, also rely on IP address data that are monitored and updated by well known anti-spam agencies which blacklist IP addresses associated with spammy behaviour.

Once again, yes, there are many other factors that determine how Fiverr may block or suspend an account.

But, this poll asks if you think that IP address may sometimes be one of the many reasons for an account blocked / suspension.

Can we please have a third option of ‘Don’t know’?

Might be better to ask Fiverr CS to shed some light on your question, otherwise all you’re going to get is uninformed opinion and not fact. ☀️

Seriously?

Yes, very seriously , I’m suggesting OP to suggest that Fiverr user to try logging in from a different range of IP address.

And since you do not seem to understand this and falsely accusing me of “encouraging people to get around the rules”, let me explain it in a way you MAY understand.

1. Logged in from an internet cafe IP address was for example 123.123.123.123
  2. Logged in from home and IP address was for example 321.321.321.321

These are different IP ranges.

Your false allegation against me is quite grave in nature, because you have falsely accused me of encouraging people to go against Fiverr rules !

Kindly, henceforth avoid such grave false accusations against any forum member.

You have violated Fiverr Forum rules by making a false accusation of a grave nature against another member.

Your false allegation against me is quite grave in nature, because you have falsely accused me of encouraging people to go against Fiverr rules !

Please stop playing the “I’ve been attacked” card. It’s getting old. Thank you.

Guest logoeasy

Can we please have a third option of ‘Don’t know’?

Might be better to ask Fiverr CS to shed some light on your question, otherwise all you’re going to get is uninformed opinion and not fact. ☀️

Thank you. I really wish that striked me while I was creating the poll. When I try to edit, I am somehow unable to now put another answer option.

It is not how they block accounts

Yes, it is one of the reasons that may lead to an account being blocked.

There are many other reasons more crucial towards an account being blocked.

But, IP address is sometimes the reason.

A few years ago, when I travelled to Japan and logged in to my Fiverr account, it got blocked instantly. I returned back to India and emailed Fiverr support (from my email address) and the reason Fiverr gave is that their anti-spam algorithm detected suspicious account activity due to account login based on IP address.

Fiverr then verified my account and it was back in order.

A few years ago, when I travelled to Japan and logged in to my Fiverr account, it got blocked instantly. I returned back to India and emailed Fiverr support (from my email address) and the reason Fiverr gave is that their anti-spam algorithm detected suspicious account activity due to account login based on IP address.

How long have you been selling on Fiverr?

Also, how long did it take Fiverr to get your account up & running again?

Guest logoeasy

How long have you been selling on Fiverr?

Also, how long did it take Fiverr to get your account up & running again?

I do not sell at Fiverr, I’ve been more of a buyer here since 2012. Have had lots of buy orders so far (as a buyer).

I always do have 1 gig (seller), as to keep my seller part of the account as well on a fully active status.

I have been buying frequently here at Fiverr.

As to how long did it took Fiverr to get my account up & running again : that was around 3 years ago and I forgot the exact timeframe, but after full verification, it was reinstated.

I do not sell at Fiverr, I’ve been more of a buyer here since 2012. Have had lots of buy orders so far (as a buyer).

I always do have 1 gig (seller), as to keep my seller part of the account as well on a fully active status.

As to how long did it took Fiverr to get my account up & running again : that was around 3 years ago and I forgot the exact timeframe, but after full verification, it was reinstated.

Oh, I see! :ok_hand:t4:

I’m a Buyer/Seller, I should have a 👑

Guest logoeasy

should have a 👑 thingy

Not sure what that thingy (symbol) means. Perhaps members get it after some number of buys / sells … not sure.

Guest logoeasy

The Top Buyer badge is a golden 👑 icon that’s added to a select group of buyers.

I may not be a top buyer in that case. I just buy some gigs regularly of which I am in need.

Guest logoeasy

• Yes
  • No

0voters

Polling closed. Majority answered yes.

Plus, as per Fiverr CS, TOS, Privacy Policy, etc, Fiverr does use information collected such as IP addresses (and more) to monitor fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more).

So, we have to atleast believe what Fiverr clearly provides us in writing.

Anyone who still feels that IP addresses are NOT utilized to track & monitor fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more), I would suggest him or her to contact Fiverr CS for further enlightenment on this.

Closing this poll, as Fiverr has provided a very clear answer in writing.

yesyesyes.jpg.0bd561005e9b3c3947a8e926568d5bfe.jpg

Guest logoeasy

I’m a Buyer/Seller, I should have a 👑 thingy next to my name

“should” have or “may” have ? Should have means that all buyer/sellers “should” (must) have that symbol.

I do not think so.

I am sure it comes with a buyer/seller achieving some predefined milestone / requirements.

Now, how does this matter ?

Great sellers are expected to have effective communication skills. In sales in general, especially, even a single incorrect word can change what a buyer is expecting from a seller. I guess this is why Fiverr offers buyers / sellers to rate “Communication” as part of a gig feedback.

Consider the following relevant example

"Dear buyer if you are happy with what I have delivered, you should give me a 5 rating"

and

"Dear buyer if you are happy with what I have delivered, you may give me a 5 rating"

There is a vst difference in the meaning of the above 2 sentences, although on 1 single word is different.

Plus, as per Fiverr CS, TOS, Privacy Policy, etc, Fiverr does use information collected such as IP addresses (and more) to monitor fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more).

Anyone who still feels that IP addresses are NOT utilized to track & monitor fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more), I would suggest him or her to contact Fiverr CS for further enlightenment on this.

Pfft. Majority. No… you only had four votes. That’s not a suitable polling sample. 😉

Let’s get back to the topic. Shall we?

IP Poll

Wait a minute you closed the poll already? I didn’t get a chance to vote.

4️⃣

Besides, @ollydave shared that bit of ToS further up! 🔺

Let’s get back to the topic. Shall we?

IP Poll

Wait a minute you closed the poll already? I didn’t get a chance to vote.

4️⃣

Besides, @ollydave shared that bit of ToS further up! 🔺

Pfft. Majority. No… you only had four votes.

It was closed because someone voted no on the last vote. :rofl:

Guest logoeasy

Pfft. Majority. No… you only had four votes.

It was closed because someone voted no on the last vote. :rofl:

It was closed because someone voted no on the last vote

It was closed because Fiverr as provided a very clear answer in writing. So, let us assume that the poll went on for a few years and let us assume that 100% of the voters voted a “No”, then inspite of that we ideally will have to follow what Fiverr has provided very clearly in writing.

I understand that you have stated many times that Fiverr does not consider IP address as one of the criterias of monitoring & tracking fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more). I respect your opinion.

But, fortunately or unfortunately, Fiverr states the contrary in writing, very clearly.

Archived