One of my friend suspended his fiverr account because of using publice IP in the public place!

oliur76

poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes
    • No
    • I just now lied

It was closed because someone voted no on the last vote

It was closed because Fiverr as provided a very clear answer in writing. So, let us assume that the poll went on for a few years and let us assume that 100% of the voters voted a “No”, then inspite of that we ideally will have to follow what Fiverr has provided very clearly in writing.

I understand that you have stated many times that Fiverr does not consider IP address as one of the criterias of monitoring & tracking fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more). I respect your opinion.

But, fortunately or unfortunately, Fiverr states the contrary in writing, very clearly.

I understand that you have stated many times that Fiverr does not consider IP address as one of the criterias of monitoring & tracking fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more). I respect your opinion.

I said that is not why fiverr closes accounts for %* sake would to you get off it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest logoeasy

Polling closed. Majority answered yes.

Pfft. Majority. No… you only had four votes. That’s not a suitable polling sample. 😉

Pfft. Majority. No… you only had four votes. That’s not a suitable polling sample

Fiverr has provided the answer in writing. It states very clearly, that yes, IP addresses are one of the many criterias used to track and monitor fraudulent activity such as multiple accounts. So, assume that the poll went on for a few years with some thousands of forum members voting a “No”, we will still have to agree to what Fiverr stated very clearly in writing.

It was closed because someone voted no on the last vote

It was closed because Fiverr as provided a very clear answer in writing. So, let us assume that the poll went on for a few years and let us assume that 100% of the voters voted a “No”, then inspite of that we ideally will have to follow what Fiverr has provided very clearly in writing.

But, fortunately or unfortunately, Fiverr states the contrary in writing, very clearly.

I really, really don’t want to get into this discussion as it seems to be revolving but I do want to point out that what @misscrystal seems to have been saying is that just using a different IP will not get you banned.

What Fiverr has said in the ToS is that IP address is collected and may be used in determining whether odd activity is fraudulent or not.

You are discussing two different things.

I often access my account from different IPs but I suspect that if I had multiple accounts and checked them all from the same IPs then I would be seen as fraudulent.

Lets just settle on it being a good idea to not have multiple accounts and if you have someone who shares your IP then you should contact CS to clarify and ensure that there is not any issues with that.

Guest logoeasy

But when we think Fiverr can’t know who is based on IP and they analyze their data and that’s to make Fiverr more secure.

It is not based on IP how they find out you have more than one account.

It is not based on IP how they find out you have more than one account.

To that I replied that yes, IP address is one of the criterias is considered. After that she kept on insisting that IP address absolutely does not count towards detecting fraudulent or multiple accounts. Which is not true, so I kept on correcting her.

And many people feel the same as I do about the IP address, Fiverr too states the same in writing. There is nothing more I can do after providing screenshots of what Fiverr clearly and so directly states in writing.

I suggest if she still feels her way about this IP address issue, she may get further enlightenment from CS, not from me.

It’s very important to know that, some times your fiverr account can suspend using for public IP address. Because there are lots of user login by same IP address. That is why google recognize the user as a robot user and suspicious. Fiverr authority notice that the user trying to promote in bad way.

Yes, but that was stated in the context of this being what the OP is saying.

It’s very important to know that, some times your fiverr account can suspend using for public IP address.

Anyway, just to say that you both appear to be saying the same thing from where I am standing, just with different emphasis. In fact, you were saying exactly the same thing as she was but then the next day changed it to “solely on the IP”. This change makes it appear like there is a conflict of opinion but from what I can see, there isn’t.

image.png.ec32bb01450174ef2dc05fb9694d8b3c.png

Guest logoeasy

Yes, but that was stated in the context of this being what the OP is saying.

It’s very important to know that, some times your fiverr account can suspend using for public IP address.

Anyway, just to say that you both appear to be saying the same thing from where I am standing, just with different emphasis. In fact, you were saying exactly the same thing as she was but then the next day changed it to “solely on the IP”. This change makes it appear like there is a conflict of opinion but from what I can see, there isn’t.

Yes, indeed, that shows that I am a person who adapts well when I miss on something, then I correct it. I corrected my statement. I skipped using the word “solely” based on …

Now the bottom line is that Fiverr has very clearly provided in writing that IP addresses is one of the factors that may be considered towards tracking fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more).

Anyone who disagrees with that inspite of Fiverr providing it in writing, please get enlightenment from Fiverr CS and not from me. Please question Fiverr CS as to why they have mentioned that IP addresses are collected (apart from other details) in order track fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more). Tell Fiverr CS that the information is incorrect. I cannnot do anything about this now. I opt to believe what Fiverr states in writing. moreover all websites that have disclosures about TOS, privacy, etc, state the same. I just need to believe it. Those who do not, please contact Fiverr CS, not me.

Yes, indeed, that shows that I am a person who adapts well when I miss on something, then I correct it. I corrected my statement. I skipped using the word “solely” based on …

Now the bottom line is that Fiverr has very clearly provided in writing that IP addresses is one of the factors that may be considered towards tracking fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more).

Anyone who disagrees with that inspite of Fiverr providing it in writing, please get enlightenment from Fiverr CS and not from me. Please question Fiverr CS as to why they have mentioned that IP addresses are collected (apart from other details) in order track fraudulent activities such as multiple accounts (and more). Tell Fiverr CS that the information is incorrect. I cannnot do anything about this now. I opt to believe what Fiverr states in writing. moreover all websites that have disclosures about TOS, privacy, etc, state the same. I just need to believe it. Those who do not, please contact Fiverr CS, not me.

Nobody is actually disputing that.

Read my responses again if you don’t get what I am saying.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Look, unfortunately due to the 2 bazillion flags that were on this thread, I needed to go through the whole topic a number of times, including the now removed comments.

The points being made are as follows:

OP said that using public IP got someone banned.

Others said just using a different IP wont get someone banned.

You and others said that IP is used in determining fraud etc.

ToS says IP may be used in determining fraud.

There is no conflict between the comments - just with the OP who has long since left the discussion.

It’s not often that everyone can be rightonline so let’s just be happy that it has happened today.

Do-nuts are on me! Whoop!

Guest logoeasy

Read my responses again if you don’t get what I am saying.

mcmc.jpg.5b30aaa1c9877d99cf0e069f734c830f.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

Look, unfortunately due to the 2 bazillion flags that were on this thread, I needed to go through the whole topic a number of times, including the now removed comments.

The points being made are as follows:

OP said that using public IP got someone banned.

Others said just using a different IP wont get someone banned.

You and others said that IP is used in determining fraud etc.

ToS says IP may be used in determining fraud.

There is no conflict between the comments - just with the OP who has long since left the discussion.

It’s not often that everyone can be rightonline so let’s just be happy that it has happened today.

Do-nuts are on me! Whoop!

OP who has long since left the discussion

Can’t say I blame him - he must have wondered what he started poor soul!

I think we are done here.
If you need me to say it again, just click this link and then you can go through the thread again from there over and over for as long as you want:
favicon.icoFiverr Forum

fb935962592351011f7ca5be6b95925b69160a31_1_690x375.png

One of my friend suspended his fiverr account because of using publice IP in the...

Yes, but that was stated in the context of this being what the OP is saying. Anyway, just to say that you both appear to be saying the same thing from where I am standing, just with different emphasis. In fact, you were saying exactly the same...

Archived