Uptick in Phishing scams

usmanghani31

Not if you mark it as spam, in that case marking it as spam is considered a response!

That’s not the case. When I get a spam message it is already marked as spam by Fiverr and because I do not reply to it it affects the response rate which goes down. Apparently people are marking the message as not spam, reply and then they mark it as spam again so the response rate stays high.

happened to me last night, the guy named *** sent me a link to a virus.

this is what he wrote in his message "Hello. We, the coaches of the youth team that was established recently, have become temporary team logo. Now we and the kids want to upgrade it. We had suggestions that they would like to change the old logo, you should take into account. In General, we have all the wishes collected in one format and crest. Desires in the file and the old team logo : link "

Frankly, the way he wrote this seemed to be true and it was a sendspace link, not even a shortened URL.
I faced the same previously with few people belonging to **.

On 9/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, homeestates said:

There seems to be a flurry of these, then they disappear for a while. Hopefully Fiverr’s protection is top notch!

Agreed with @homeestates I think all sellers should scan all the links and files that received from buyer using [link removed]. I think its a good tool which can secure you from any mishap.

• 1 month later...
Guest phantompower

Hey. What about .zip and .rar archives inside a message? We all know that they can contain all sorts of stuff, right?

get a good anti virus

Guest logoeasy

They started targeting Fiverr users too !
Few points to note

1. Fiverr or any company would never send you any communication requesting for your confidential credentials such as password, answer to a security question. So, as OP has mentioned such communication is phishing (scam)
  2. When you click on a link in an email or anywhere expecting to go to Fiverr, once you arrive at that page, look at the web address bar at the top of your internet browser, it must start with “https://www.fiverr” and would also see the secure lock (SSL) icon on the web address bar.
    The above are 2 basic identifiers, apart from some others.
    Have a good antivirus to catch malicious downloads.
    Many email services these days have an inbuilt system to scan email attachments. Like Yahoo Mail uses Norton.
    Better not download AND open email attachments. Good to download, scan and then open attachments.
    A good place to scan any downloads before opening it is www.virustotal.com and it belongs to Google.
    It analyzes suspicious files and URLs to detect types of malware including viruses, worms, and trojans.
    VirusTotal inspects items with over 60 antivirus engines and URL/domain blacklisting services

Archived