Month End POLL!

andrea_kizinger

poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I’ve got less than 15 orders + less than $100 revenue.
    • I’ve got less than 15 orders + more than $100 revenue.
    • I’ve got more than 15 orders + less than $100 revenue.
    • I’ve got more than 15 orders + more than $100 revenue.
    • I didn’t receive any order for last 30 days.
    • Other. (please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

🌎 Now I’m really disappointed and I deleted my article writing gig due to bad behavior of buyer. I’d like to know your cancellation rate & discuss your experiences with mischief buyers.

• 1 order cancelled/ last 60 days 😀
  • 2 orders cancelled/ last 60 days 🙂
  • less than 5 orders/ last 60 days 😶
  • less than 10 orders/ last 60 days :frowning_face:
  • more than 10 orders/ last 60 days 😭

0voters

I prefer cancel an order than try to deliver a low quality service and maybe get a negative review. In a long term, keeping high ratings are better than accepting a job you cant properly do.

Also, when the price is not right, I cancel too.

when the price is not right, I cancel too.

You can negotiate it with your client & use resolution center to fix this matter. Cancellation is not the best option. There are too many other options rather than cancelling.

this month (60 days) I had 3 cancellations.

I think its less than 5 order cancellations?

Nope - those are 2 separate requirements!

1 - You must have less than 5 active orders.

2 - You must have completed at least 5 orders to participate in the beta.

3 - Low cancellation rate - which can mean 1 order cancelled or 30 orders cancelled (it depends on how many orders you complete!)

Oh my goodness. I had no idea that cancellations were such a huge problem on 5r.

Oh my goodness. I had no idea that cancellations were such a huge problem on 5r.

They’ve always been most sellers’ nightmare 😬 Maybe with the exception of Fiverr’s first years.

A long time ago sellers had 2 types of cancellations (excluding Fiverr-initiated cancellations & chargebacks):

• requesting a mutual cancellation that the buyer had to agree with and wouldn’t affect the seller at all
  • or doing a forced cancellation that the buyer couldn’t control, but would have affected the seller

Then all of a sudden forced cancellations were gone, and since then all cancellations affect sellers to some degree. Even those initiated by Fiverr at a seller’s or buyer’s request… 😏

requesting a mutual cancellation that the buyer had to agree with and wouldn’t affect the seller at al

No, that’s wrong @woofy31. Now my gigs are not appeared in search results. My impression and everything is going down. 😥

No, that’s wrong @woofy31

Did you read my whole post? Because what you quoted I said it was in the Past, a long time ago, when things were different.

So I am right because what I said was from the past 😉

In the past (years and years ago) mutual cancellations had no effect, whereas forced cancellations (which don’t exist anymore) had an effect.

No, that’s wrong @woofy31

Did you read my whole post? Because what you quoted I said it was in the Past, a long time ago, when things were different.

So I am right because what I said was from the past 😉

In the past (years and years ago) mutual cancellations had no effect, whereas forced cancellations (which don’t exist anymore) had an effect.

forced cancellations (which don’t exist anymore)

I sometimes ask customer support to cancel an order if the buyer is not answering my questions and has disappeared. That is a forced one, if they do not respond to my request to cancel.

On 9/17/2017 at 5:31 AM, misscrystal said:

That is a forced one, if they do not respond to my request to cancel.

True, but it’s forced by Fiverr Admin, and CS told me those have no impact as opposed to those old times when sellers had the option to force-cancel themselves via resolution center.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, andrea_kizinger said:

You can negotiate it with your client & use resolution center to fix this matter. Cancellation is not the best option. There are too many other options rather than cancelling.

well, I never said I don’t negotiate before cancelling because the price is not right. I have over 6000 orders completed here at fiverr, but I value my work, and if someone don’t think my price is right, I don’t matter to work with that person.

Cancellation isn’t the best option but should be used wisely as a tool.

The main objective to be successful is to have a good relationship with your clients or new buyers, and many times, cancelling an order turn out positively.

It affect our gig ranking

No, it doesn’t affect.

I recently discovered that the SEARCH ranking is dynamic to help new buyers and etc. It’s always rotating. One week you may be on top of searches, other week in the bottom. And cancellation doesnt affect this.

I have about 15% of cancellations, and in the categories ranking I’m the 2nd, but in the keyword search ranking I’m the 39th (at this moment), but the last week I was 4th.

Archived