Leverage their new account to level [TRUNCATED] [HIGH RISK! Potential for Buyer and/or Account Loss]

bookcovers_pro

This is wrong, very wrong. I see it as a method of cheating, not a good advice.

This is against the TOS.

To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.

This is also unfair to those that truly earned it.

Thanks for that @ollydave, I couldn’t find a part of ToS that specifically said it was against the rules!

Mod Note added to the OP.

Hi,

I need your judgement on it,

1. One seller is selling $5 gig with small work. He/She could easily level up delivering required number of orders.
  2. Another seller is selling $200 gig with lots of effort and time. It is quit impossible for him to level up.

If fiverr give equal weight for each order for above two sellers, is that justified? I think, fiverr should also take into consideration of gig amount ($).

Thanks
Fahad

Hi,

1. One seller is selling $5 gig with small work. He/She could easily level up delivering required number of orders.
  2. Another seller is selling $200 gig with lots of effort and time. It is quit impossible for him to level up.

If fiverr give equal weight for each order for above two sellers, is that justified? I think, fiverr should also take into consideration of gig amount ($).

Thanks

Fahad

I don’t. Why should Fiverr care how expensive the gig is? If I complete 20 5$ gigs and someone else completes 1 100$ gig, that should not effect the fact that I took care of 20 customers and the other seller only took care of 1.

It’s not how much you get that counts, it’s how happy the buyers are with your quality and customer service, and that is what is important in any career that deals with customers.

The more happy customers you have, the better your business will become, and Fiverr supports you for that. If you think it should be based on how expensive your gigs are or how much money you are getting then you are a little confused on how business works when it comes to general sales.

My grocery store doesn’t put the products that make the most money for the brand up first and then sells the cheap but high-selling breads in the back. Fiverr makes more money per sale than they do per large order via processing fees, and they want to attract more people to Fiverr to buy the gigs, so they promote high quality gigs that sell well.

This isn’t some kind of discrimination against people who sell more expensive gigs and get less orders, it is incentivizing more sales, more ratings, and drawing in more customers, and more sellers, which makes Fiverr more money. Common business sense.

Hi lucycodex,

I got your points. But as seller we need to compete among ourselves. Suppose as a buyer you are searching for a seller to place an order for a big project. Whom will you shortlist? Obviously, you will choose the seller with higher number of good review (who is actually reviewed for $5 orders). But this seller may not be able to handle large project with quality. Whereas that seller who has less number of good reviews (as he is selling $200 orders) is capable of handling large project with quality. But definitely you will miss that seller. Ultimately there is a risk that as a buyer you will be undone.

So, no logic can equalize $5 work with $200 work which is actually fiverr doing.

As per your selling philosophy, one buyer will go to a store to buy a big product whereas the store is actually selling small products.

I think you have got my points

Thanks
Fahad

Hi lucycodex,

I got your points. But as seller we need to compete among ourselves. Suppose as a buyer you are searching for a seller to place an order for a big project. Whom will you shortlist? Obviously, you will choose the seller with higher number of good review (who is actually reviewed for $5 orders). But this seller may not be able to handle large project with quality. Whereas that seller who has less number of good reviews (as he is selling $200 orders) is capable of handling large project with quality. But definitely you will miss that seller. Ultimately there is a risk that as a buyer you will be undone.

So, no logic can equalize $5 work with $200 work which is actually fiverr doing.

As per your selling philosophy, one buyer will go to a store to buy a big product whereas the store is actually selling small products.

I think you have got my points

Thanks

Fahad

Most of your points make little to no sense.

If you need a larger project done, and you don’t communicate with the seller and the reviews about if they are able to complete said work, that’s not Fiverr’s fault. Besides, Fiverr is not a site for large scale projects to be your only gig. If you want to market yourself like that, it’d be best to just run your own business. But if you get work done and you don’t like said work, get a refund!

Another way to know if a seller can handle said orders, is if they say so in the gig description, or if they have a package for that. Almost nobody is going to be looking to make huge orders on Fiverr, they will be looking for logos, book covers, spells, short articles, voiceovers, and the like. If they wanted to spend 200$ on a gig they might as well go to a professional off fiverr.

Whining that Fiverr doesn’t cater to largescale orders is like whining that Dollar General doesn’t do as much marketing for their overpriced electronics. FIVErr’s own brand name suggests it caters to 5$ gigs.

You’re on a site that focuses their marketing on the offering of gigs for cheap whining that they are not focusing on 200$ gigs. Do you not see the irony?

Guest offlinehelpers

If you need a larger project done, and you don’t communicate with the seller and the reviews about if they are able to complete said work, that’s not Fiverr’s fault. Besides, Fiverr is not a site for large scale projects to be your only gig. If you want to market yourself like that, it’d be best to just run your own business. But if you get work done and you don’t like said work, get a refund!

Another way to know if a seller can handle said orders, is if they say so in the gig description, or if they have a package for that. Almost nobody is going to be looking to make huge orders on Fiverr, they will be looking for logos, book covers, spells, short articles, voiceovers, and the like. If they wanted to spend 200$ on a gig they might as well go to a professional off fiverr.

Whining that Fiverr doesn’t cater to largescale orders is like whining that Dollar General doesn’t do as much marketing for their overpriced electronics. FIVErr’s own brand name suggests it caters to 5$ gigs.

You’re on a site that focuses their marketing on the offering of gigs for cheap whining that they are not focusing on 200$ gigs. Do you not see the irony?

The original post is suggesting this:

reply to a buyer’s request (to a buyer you’ve never met before) and persuade them to split a largish order into several smaller ones.

Drawbacks:

buyer pays more in fees, and if the buyer isn’t happy, there’s a chance the seller could end up with several negative feedbacks, instead of what could have been only one.

Large orders over $200 aren’t uncommon on Fiverr - it depends on what you’re selling - large translation projects, voice overs, complete websites etc. will all have the potential to be way beyond that limit. The newish gig packages and gig extras have made than more than achievable, which is why Fiverr is so much more attractive to sellers than before, as there is that potential for large orders which didn’t previously exist. 🙂

reply to a buyer’s request (to a buyer you’ve never met before) and persuade them to split a largish order into several smaller ones.

Drawbacks:

buyer pays more in fees, and if the buyer isn’t happy, there’s a chance the seller could end up with several negative feedbacks, instead of what could have been only one.

Large orders over $200 aren’t uncommon on Fiverr - it depends on what you’re selling - large translation projects, voice overs, complete websites etc. will all have the potential to be way beyond that limit. The newish gig packages and gig extras have made than more than achievable, which is why Fiverr is so much more attractive to sellers than before, as there is that potential for large orders which didn’t previously exist. 🙂

Agreed! I was simply stating that Fiverr putting people with a ton of sales but lower sale prices above people with lower sales but higher sale prices is not anything new or baffling. Fiverr is not working against large order sellers by being designed and advertised more towards smaller order low priced sellers.

Drawbacks:

@offlinehelpers

Thanks for your feedback. However, someone raised the point that splitting order into smaller one is prohibition of fiver rules.

Can you tell me if as a buyer you shortlist sellers, on what criteria you will do that?

Can you tell me if as a buyer you shortlist sellers, on what criteria you will do that?

If I needed a bigger project done, I’d seek out someone who could do it. If I needed a smaller project done, I’d seek someone who could do that. I do my research before I have people do anything for me.

@offlinehelpers

Thanks for your feedback. However, someone raised the point that splitting order into smaller one is prohibition of fiver rules.

Splitting orders for sole purpose of getting additional reviews, manipulating system to advance to level 1 or 2 quicker is against ToS. This is typically a small project that does not need to be split.

A large, expensive project that requires significant amount of time is completely different. If a buyer has a $500 project that takes over a month to complete, it’s practically mandatory to split it up. If I’m not mistaken, sellers only have 30 days.

Makes sense to do a small $10 sample to make sure buyer is happy with order. Do another $50 worth within few days to, again, make sure buyer is happy. You don’t want to work 30 days and then deliver something that the buyer is unhappy with.

Splitting orders for sole purpose of getting additional reviews, manipulating system to advance to level 1 or 2 quicker is against ToS. This is typically a small project that does not need to be split.

A large, expensive project that requires significant amount of time is completely different. If a buyer has a $500 project that takes over a month to complete, it’s practically mandatory to split it up. If I’m not mistaken, sellers only have 30 days.

Makes sense to do a small $10 sample to make sure buyer is happy with order. Do another $50 worth within few days to, again, make sure buyer is happy. You don’t want to work 30 days and then deliver something that the buyer is unhappy with.

If a buyer has a $500 project that takes over a month to complete, it’s practically mandatory to split it up. If I’m not mistaken, sellers only have 30 days.

That´s absolutely correct.

When I was still new on Fiverr, I had a buyer who wanted to order a ~500$ worth of work and wanted it done in 6 weeks, so bad for me that I had to offer him 30 days lol and I had to ask to split it into 2 orders actually, because fiverr didn´t let me send an offer for the whole sum in one as a newbie.

Usually it´s the best course of action though for both sellers and buyers to split things like that up, say a book with 10 chapters into chapters, else at least you should be reasonably certain that the other party won´t disappoint you in the one or other way.

Hi,

Thanks

Fahad

I fully agree but I am biased because I focus on larger orders.

Some of my orders have been exceptionally large, yet the buyer can only leave a standard review and nobody knows that the review was for a 250,000 word order which took 6 weeks. Above and below that review are $5 orders. Now if someone is really happy with a huge order, that is more interesting to other buyers than the 2 $5 orders but there is no way to tell them apart.

The number of clients you deal with is important but the overall value of those clients is also important - to Fiverr and to other buyers.

An example: Some SEO sellers have hundreds/thousands of sales where I am still just in double figures. A handful of my SEO sales were $50-100 but the majority are priced from $200+ whereas many sellers have much more reviews from $5 sales and the services they offer are simple things like basic SEO reports. When a buyer searches for SEO, those with hundreds of sales look better than me but in reality, I will have done a lot more and better work for my clients. Going on number of reviews alone is misleading for buyers.

I don’t believe Fiverr to be the dollar store equivalent any more. It used to be but not now and it is growing towards being focused on more high value sales. For this to be achieved, they need to update the system to be able to accurately reflect that and I believe they will at some point soon. Introducing packages was just one step in that.

Lots and lots of $5 sales are not better than larger value orders. It is easier and more cost effective to manage one customer than 100. How much does it cost to have a CS agent deal with a problem from a $5 order from which there seems to be a higher % of issues? Fiverr gets $1 from that sale and assuming a basic wage for the CS agent, that $1 is equivalent to 6 minutes of their time. After that, Fiverr is making a loss on that sale (very basic example but you get the idea). On the other hand, from a $100 sale, Fiverr earns $20 which allows the CS agent to spend 2 hours dealing with the client before it is a loss.

I fully agree but I am biased because I focus on larger orders.

Some of my orders have been exceptionally large, yet the buyer can only leave a standard review and nobody knows that the review was for a 250,000 word order which took 6 weeks. Above and below that review are $5 orders. Now if someone is really happy with a huge order, that is more interesting to other buyers than the 2 $5 orders but there is no way to tell them apart.

The number of clients you deal with is important but the overall value of those clients is also important - to Fiverr and to other buyers.

An example: Some SEO sellers have hundreds/thousands of sales where I am still just in double figures. A handful of my SEO sales were $50-100 but the majority are priced from $200+ whereas many sellers have much more reviews from $5 sales and the services they offer are simple things like basic SEO reports. When a buyer searches for SEO, those with hundreds of sales look better than me but in reality, I will have done a lot more and better work for my clients. Going on number of reviews alone is misleading for buyers.

I don’t believe Fiverr to be the dollar store equivalent any more. It used to be but not now and it is growing towards being focused on more high value sales. For this to be achieved, they need to update the system to be able to accurately reflect that and I believe they will at some point soon. Introducing packages was just one step in that.

Lots and lots of $5 sales are not better than larger value orders. It is easier and more cost effective to manage one customer than 100. How much does it cost to have a CS agent deal with a problem from a $5 order from which there seems to be a higher % of issues? Fiverr gets $1 from that sale and assuming a basic wage for the CS agent, that $1 is equivalent to 6 minutes of their time. After that, Fiverr is making a loss on that sale (very basic example but you get the idea). On the other hand, from a $100 sale, Fiverr earns $20 which allows the CS agent to spend 2 hours dealing with the client before it is a loss.

Absolutely agree, I very rarely have 5$ orders, almost everyone needs more, sometimes a lot more words than I can do for for 3,80$ or however much remains after all fees, and translating a book that takes me a whole week or two, in full work days, 7/7, gets only the 1 review, while people who offer things of which they can do, say, 3 per day, get 3x7 or 3x14 reviews for the same amount of time spent and potentially the same amount of money earned (for them and fiverr).

I have a 200K+ words job atm too, doing that chapter-wise as I still wanted to have time left for my regular clients parallel to that, but that still will be 1 review ‘only’ per ~10K words (ideally, we know some buyers won´t leave reviews at all, and some think one review ‘per thing’ is enough,

so that´s already ‘better’ than just 1 order/review for 200K,

but a system that doesn´t take the time/amount of revenue generated into account,

(plus, seeing that everyone seems to agree that fast delivery is a big ranking factor, and people who regularly get ‘big’/time-intensive orders can´t deliver work like that as fast as people who regularly only need to spend 10 minutes, or an hour or whatever per order)

is unhinged.

For those who disagree, imagine how you´d feel if you worked on 1 big order a whole month and might not get a review (not because you did a bad job, but because the buyer doesn´t want to have their review publicly displayed) and thus you would have worked every day for a whole month without a single review. Extreme scenario, but it shows the imbalance.

Absolutely agree, I very rarely have 5$ orders, almost everyone needs more, sometimes a lot more words than I can do for for 3,80$ or however much remains after all fees, and translating a book that takes me a whole week or two, in full work days, 7/7, gets only the 1 review, while people who offer things of which they can do, say, 3 per day, get 3x7 or 3x14 reviews for the same amount of time spent and potentially the same amount of money earned (for them and fiverr).

I have a 200K+ words job atm too, doing that chapter-wise as I still wanted to have time left for my regular clients parallel to that, but that still will be 1 review ‘only’ per ~10K words (ideally, we know some buyers won´t leave reviews at all, and some think one review ‘per thing’ is enough,

so that´s already ‘better’ than just 1 order/review for 200K,

but a system that doesn´t take the time/amount of revenue generated into account,

(plus, seeing that everyone seems to agree that fast delivery is a big ranking factor, and people who regularly get ‘big’/time-intensive orders can´t deliver work like that as fast as people who regularly only need to spend 10 minutes, or an hour or whatever per order)

is unhinged.

For those who disagree, imagine how you´d feel if you worked on 1 big order a whole month and might not get a review (not because you did a bad job, but because the buyer doesn´t want to have their review publicly displayed) and thus you would have worked every day for a whole month without a single review. Extreme scenario, but it shows the imbalance.

There are many issues around doing big orders which have not been accounted for by Fiverr but they have focused marketing and other resources towards encouraging them. Up to recently, late deliveries were extremely awkward to avoid involving cancellation and reordering etc. It’s still not perfect with my personal peeve - the dispute message - but its a bit better. Of course, late deliveries should be avoided as much as possible but a 30 day order that takes 10% more time than expected is 3 days late - a 10 minute order would take an extra minute. There are many more issues to resolve but the priority has to be some method of showing the value of orders. I have an idea about that which I’m gonna throw in the suggestion box later.

Archived