Unilateral disarmament and the Fiverr review system

capitalquality

Me neither. Depending on how a seller asks I might not leave a review even if I’d otherwise have, actually.
I get, what you’re saying, adrover, but while it partly is the way it’s said, for me, personally, the very act of asking itself feels a bit pushy even if done in an unpushy way. Your quote from the podcast, that’s what I meant when I said I’m fine with dealing with the consequences.
I hoped I had worded my comment personally enough to make it clear that it’s my own feelings, upbringing, sensibilities, whatever, I don’t mean at all to say it’s bad or pushy to ask for a review or keep anyone from doing it! And of course there’s a difference too between ‘give me a 5 star review’ and ‘if you liked my work I’d appreciate a review’ It was just my very own personal feelings about it, not meant as judgement of pushy or not or as a recommendation, I just like to read others’ opinions on matters and sometimes give my own, I’m aware we all see and feel different, and that’s good. 🙂

Me neither. Depending on how a seller asks I might not leave a review even if I’d otherwise have, actually.

I get, what you’re saying, adrover, but while it partly is the way it’s said, for me, personally, the very act of asking itself feels a bit pushy even if done in an unpushy way. Your quote from the podcast, that’s what I meant when I said I’m fine with dealing with the consequences.

I hoped I had worded my comment personally enough to make it clear that it’s my own feelings, upbringing, sensibilities, whatever, I don’t mean at all to say it’s bad or pushy to ask for a review or keep anyone from doing it! And of course there’s a difference too between ‘give me a 5 star review’ and ‘if you liked my work I’d appreciate a review’ It was just my very own personal feelings about it, not meant as judgement of pushy or not or as a recommendation, I just like to read others’ opinions on matters and sometimes give my own, I’m aware we all see and feel different, and that’s good. 🙂 That’s why I never asked any buyer to leave a positive review.

However, I use the following when delivering my order:

‘‘If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

It doesn’t mention leaving a review, but once they click accept, Fiverr takes care of reminding them. Since using this, I noticed that the majority of buyers do take the time to leave reviews.

What annoys me the most is having a buyer mention something like ‘‘If can do this for me, I will leave you an outstanding review’’, or ‘‘Don’t worry, you will not get a bad review’’, although I never even mention it to them. I guess it all comes from previous experiences with sellers who ask for good reviews & try to avoid the bad ones as much as possible.

I agree with you 100%. 😊 That’s why I never asked any buyer to leave a positive review.

‘‘If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

It doesn’t mention leaving a review, but once they click accept, Fiverr takes care of reminding them. Since using this, I noticed that the majority of buyers do take the time to leave reviews.

What annoys me the most is having a buyer mention something like ‘‘If can do this for me, I will leave you an outstanding review’’, or ‘‘Don’t worry, you will not get a bad review’’, although I never even mention it to them. I guess it all comes from previous experiences with sellers who ask for good reviews & try to avoid the bad ones as much as possible.

If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

I love it! Perfect wording. It’s not pushy, not demanding but a simple reminder to hit the accept button.

If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

I love it! Perfect wording. It’s not pushy, not demanding but a simple reminder to hit the accept button.

If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery

I would feel that is needlessly pushy to say that after delivery. They see a big message upon delivery to leave a review already and can choose not to leave one if they don’t want to.

If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery

I would feel that is needlessly pushy to say that after delivery. They see a big message upon delivery to leave a review already and can choose not to leave one if they don’t want to.

They see a big message upon delivery to leave a review already and can choose not to leave one if they don’t want to.

I noticed something yesterday, I accepted delivery right away, got busy, so I was going to do review later, so I skipped it and the feedback.

Well, it wouldn’t “Accept” Until I did the Private Feedback. Apparently, review is optional, feedback write up is optional but the score of 1 to 10 is mandatory.

Once I did the score, it accepted.

They see a big message upon delivery to leave a review already and can choose not to leave one if they don’t want to.

I noticed something yesterday, I accepted delivery right away, got busy, so I was going to do review later, so I skipped it and the feedback.

Well, it wouldn’t “Accept” Until I did the Private Feedback. Apparently, review is optional, feedback write up is optional but the score of 1 to 10 is mandatory.

Once I did the score, it accepted.

Good grief I didn’t know this, thank you.

I respect your opinion, especially because you are a Top Rated Seller, but I am also confident in mine.

As it is a part of a larger message (about 150 words), I think it fits perfectly at the end of it, because right above it I offer a brief explanation about the revisions I am offering & the cancellation option. (It is not always formulated exactly as mentioned in my previous post, but the structure remains the same)

The way I see it is similar to receiving a package in the mail. When it comes to your door, although you already know you have to sign for it (because you see it on the paper), the person who brings it says ‘‘Sign here, please’’, right? 🙂

Just my opinion. 😊

Thank you so much! Your perspective as a buyer matters a lot to me! 😊

I respect your opinion, especially because you are a Top Rated Seller, but I am also confident in mine.

As it is a part of a larger message (about 150 words), I think it fits perfectly at the end of it, because right above it I offer a brief explanation about the revisions I am offering & the cancellation option. (It is not always formulated exactly as mentioned in my previous post, but the structure remains the same)

The way I see it is similar to receiving a package in the mail. When it comes to your door, although you already know you have to sign for it (because you see it on the paper), the person who brings it says ‘‘Sign here, please’’, right? 🙂

Just my opinion. 😊

This is different from that.

They do not wish to leave a review quite often. I would not want to see any message asking for acceptance afterwards. As someone said, I would probably not leave a review if I got that message.

This is different from that.

They do not wish to leave a review quite often. I would not want to see any message asking for acceptance afterwards. As someone said, I would probably not leave a review if I got that message.

But I am not asking for a review. As @gina_riley2 already mentioned, buyers can mark the order as complete and not leave a review, which happened to me just yesterday. Got the notification that it was marked as complete, but it had no review.

In my case, it helps me to know if the buyer doesn’t need any more revisions so that I know how to manage my time & if I can take on other orders that day with a super fast delivery.

Very often buyers come back after 2 days asking for a revision, which can take a lot of time to deal with. But in that case, I already know to expect this kind of situation, since they did not accept my delivery while being online. I guess it depends on the type of work you’re offering & how you handle your business. My own gigs offer different services, they all require a different type of attention and time management. Knowing what to expect helps me a lot, especially when I am working on something which requires a lot of time.

Even if not all buyers will do it, even having 5% of them do it due to my message would enhance my experience on Fiverr.

I hope this makes sense. 🙂

I like it when a buyer orders the cheapest gig possible wrongly, then doesn’t respond to any of my 24 hour reminders (which get increasingly “this will happen unless you confirm otherwise”) then complain that the delivery “wasn’t what they expected”.

Well, sweetie, perhaps you should pay more attention to buying stuff. Don’t usually get a terrible review out of it, and those that are incensed usually fail to leave a lasting mark simply because they’re abusing me AND I can prove that I took every measure to maintain communication/delivered on time/as expected.

I have Imgur reviews for other less-than-satisfactory reviews which aren’t entirely honest. I’m not going to get annoyed too much about the occasional unexpained 4.whatever review as… eh, I’ll just focus on getting a lot of great reviews after to ensure that it gets drowned and the buyer looks like they’re the odd one out. Which they are, really.

And I do always overdeliver, whether the buyer deserves it or not. I don’t particularly care if I get reviews or not, other than that (on a new gig I care a bit more for obvious reasons)

I agree with you 100%. 😊 That’s why I never asked any buyer to leave a positive review.

‘If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

That’s a good idea. Approximately what percent of people accept your orders?

‘If you don’t need any further modifications, don’t forget to complete the final step of this order - which is accepting my delivery.’’

That’s a good idea. Approximately what percent of people accept your orders?

Out of 15 sales (since I started using that strategy) only 3 of them were not marked as complete by buyers. 😊

Archived