Please help with some related Fiverr questions

navid_na

This is my first post on the Fiver forum . First let me give you guys some really important background and information about myself. I have recently signed up with Fiverr and have yet to start any work there mostly because the few things I need to understand before I get into it. I really want to look before I leap therefore I need your guidance. Firstly, I am physically disabled but due to the limited ability I have I can work on the computer using the help of a mouse . I also have a high school degree. I have been looking for easy jobs I can do online which doesn’t require 1.) Too much physical effort 2.) any special skills and anything that can be done by somebody who has a high school degree. As you can probably tell by reading this, my English is good too. And Fiverr has been something that is perfectly appropriate for me in terms of how much work I can do and the things that are available there for me to do so I really don’t want to give up on this.

But I don’t to jump into anything before, and ruin it even before starting . So this is where my questions comes in and why I need your help

1. I am aware of the whole Fiverr vacation mode which people use. But what if I need to stop working for two months or around the time ? In this case vacation mode in is not enough. I actually need to stop working for two months. And I cannot consider the possibility right now of giving my work to someone for the duration that time because that idea is better for top Sellers. If I start working now it will take me a few months to even built a customer base so I don’t want to risk giving that to someone else so that is not an option.The question I have is can I take a break for two months and come back and continue or would you guys advise me to basically wait and start after the duration. I can wait for a few months, get past the two months I need and then start working when I am completely ready. Is that a better idea ? Because if I can work for a couple of months now and take a two months break then I would like to try a few things now but not at the expense of damage in my Fiverr carrier. Lol Fiverr carrier !

2. Should i include on my Fiverr profile that I am physically disabled ? I read an article where they advised people to be as honest as possible when creating profile , So I was wondering if notifying the fact that I am physically disabled to get a bit more consideration would be a good idea ? Or will that reduce people’s reliability on me ? I want everybody to know that whatever work I do I will try my best to deliver on time but in case if I can’t then atleast they will understand that there is a real reason. The important thing here is I am willing to do whatever that is helpful in not giving me a bad name.

I would appreciate it if I could get response to of my questions and you may give me the answers with numbers if you wish to .One last thing , if by any chance I’m posting this in the wrong section then please let me know where I should post it as this the first time I’m posting questions on the Fiverr community forum.

Vacation mode prevents any new orders, meaning that you won’t have any new work to do. So if you start selling here (and the sales will likely be slow to begin with), once you need to stop you simply switch on vacation mode. If that runs out and you need more vacation, just switch it on again.
Some sellers have noted that coming back from vacation mode is difficult; if you spend 2 months away, your chance to create sales, garner reviews, and attract repeat clients diminishes. However, with effort this can be overcome. Needing to take a break should not discourage you from using Fiverr.

As for stating that you are physically disabled on your profile… I, personally, don’t think that would be a wise business move. It is only relevant to your work if you deliver late… and if you don’t deliver late, then it’s not a problem. You may want to set your gigs to have very long delivery times (much longer than you believe you’ll need) to accommodate your work schedule. Be honest about your skills and abilities, but being honest about your personal life isn’t relevant. Additionally, stating “I’m physically disabled and so I might deliver late” will never build rapport with buyers. Fiverr has the ability to extend gigs and communicate with buyers should you be late (or expect to be late) so you can work it out then. In these cases, privately divulging your disability may garner compassion from your buyer, but I still think it’s not really necessary to share.

Freelancing and Fiverr are great ways to work at your own pace and make pocket change when you can. Just don’t expect it to pay rent at the beginning, especially if you’re gonna take a 2 month leave at some point.

One brief addition is that you can take long breaks without using vacation mode. VM has limitations that might not make it ideal for someone needing more than a week off at once.

Consider instead using your ability to pause gigs or to limit orders from 0 up. Each has pros and cons.

Any method can remove you from search and you’ll have to work extra hard to get sales again, but all of them allow you to get started and retain reviews.

Guest phantompower

1…I actually tested this thing a few weeks ago. If you put your account on vacation mode it has a higher negative impact on your account, because buyers will see your gig but will be put on hold when they try to order. I would suggest you pause the gigs. Pausing will make the system assume you have decided to become a buyer or are working on improving your gigs.
2. When someone says you need to be truthful about what you share they don’t necessarily mean you should share everything about yourself. You can state you have a degree and leave out the disability although, being disable doesn’t mean you are unable, some buyer will be a bit hesitant about giving you orders. What I would suggest is. Write you have a degree then on the gigs describe what you would like to do. This will enable you to pull in buyer while at the same time you get to choose the work that will be most suitable for you.

Thanks for the help. About paying my rent with Fiverr I know most people come here to make as much money as they can and why would’t they ? But trust me when I say this I would be really happy making $200 a month and I would consider $300 a month to be a bonus for me. Why , you ask? Because in my country a couple of hundred dollars is a lot in exchange rate and I have no overhead expense. And I certainly don’t have to worry about paying my rent 🙂 So would the right combination of being able to do something to consider my physical capability I really am looking to make a couple of hundred a the month and I would be really happy

Thanks for the tip guys. It seems it’s better I don’t mention the disability part 'cause like you mentioned it has every reason to make someone to lose a little faith in my delivery time. And that’s very understandable .Why would somebody order something from me when they have a better chance of getting it earlier from someone else?

About the vacation mode thing , going on 2 month vacation notice is a bit too much. I guess I’ll wait for a few more months and then start when I know that I’m completely ready. I was trying to see if any other options are there other than vacation mode which you guys have already mentioned. But it’s quite obvious that if I go away for two months my chances of losing customers is quite high. And since I don’t ever aspire to be a top seller since I won’t be able to achieve that because of my of physical limitations so I should be a bit more careful.

Archived