It's embarrassing

writer99025

I’ve had a great couple of years as a freelancer, worked hard, made a lot of money, become more confident and am much happier…but I have also picked up a lot of weight…I haven’t had the time to exercise since I became a writer, and so in the last 2-years I have picked up 8 kilos…and have become very flabby. Well, I have to start running and working out before it gets any worse, even at the cost of cutting down some work. I guess I am going to obsessively work hard on getting fitter, starting tomorrow. I got everything I need in my house - a treadmill, dumbbells, barbells, exercise bench etc. Yeah, I have a home gym which I haven’t used in 2 years. Need to change my lifestyle fast.

Actually for some people (even for me - that´s why I chose freezbee with my dogs) the hardest part to do exercise is to start it, not the exercise itself. But once you get started you will begin to get used to it (again) and it will not be hard anymore to do it any days you want.

Yes, it is easier for me to do because I don´t live in a city. What facilities would you need if you lived in a countryside (you don´t have to answer this, lol)? But anyway moving out and in is a hassle. So probably you would choose just to stay in the city anyway, especially that you have a gym at home.

NB: I don´t have a gym at home coz none of us will use it anyway. We have a pool table and ping-pong table (we didn´t buy the ping-pong table though - the previous owner of the property left it) in the basement. But they are not often used as I don´t really fancy playing pool and/or ping-pong. Actually they are only there for the guesses (so he only plays when his friends come over) as we prefer outdoor activities (swimming, hiking, skiing, etc). I would rather play with my dogs. I spend one hour to play with them at random time almost everyday (so not everyday, just almost) 😃

PS: I am off to have a nap now.

Man, if I had a home gym I’d be at least 20 kilos lighter. But no room for one, unfortunately. I would like to get one of those exercise bikes with a platform for a laptop though. I could literally cycle my way through work and get enviably toned legs! Or something.

I live alone in a large house, 2 floors…I don’t visit many of the rooms for months…and write articles all day long…a cook visits to prepare meals, a maid comes in the morning, a gardener once a week, and when I want to go somewhere, I call a uber like service…my mother comes once in a while (she lives in another city)…I don’t think anyone else lives like I do…LOL.

Now you know why Fiverr is so important to me…it’s not because of the money, but it keeps me sane…gives me a purpose in life…it is so easy for me to waste my life away. Because of Fiverr, I have something to do with my time. But I have to squeeze some time out for exercise.

I too am renewing my commitment to fitness now. I have an exercise bike that is very nice. We have lots of gyms and fitness centers around here and the one I love has two huge pools and regular yoga classes which are excellent. It also gets me out around people more to socialize. Nearby I have a 2 mile boardwalk through a gorgeous swampy area with an abundance of birds and wildlife which is quite addictive for this nature lover also.

So if there are any yoga classes or other types of classes you could attend it is fun, and keeps you going, to do it with a group. And it is not as isolated a life. Congratulations on taking charge of your fitness and I wish you luck with it.

“I live alone in a large house, 2 floors….I don’t visit many of the rooms for months…and write articles all day long…a cook visits to prepare meals, a maid comes in the morning.”

• Just wondering, have you ever thought of changing your name to Lady Haversham?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

More seriously, I suffer from this too. Jean size before freelancing = 32". Jean size after first 2 years = 34". Jean size at present = 34" but was 36" just after Christmas.

Personally, I would steer clear of the home gym. I used to row 5k every morning on a machine and do bench pressing etc. This is a great way to build muscle but if you ever fall out of the routine, all that muscle turns to fat + it messes up your metabolism and makes you gain more weight quicker.

My top tip would be to do your own housekeeping. Just remember to tie a ball of string to your PC and unwind it after you in case you get lost. - Sorry, couldn’t resist (again). I’m serious about the cleaning thing, though. Either do that or get an energetic dog which you need to take out 3-4 times a day for an hour at a time. The bonus of this is that a cute dog might even help you meet someone you feel like losing weight for in order to be a lean mean love making machine in the bedroom. 🙂

Same here, sort of. In fact, my weight wasn’t a problem at first because you can’t drink the water here and so have to buy it in packs of 6 x 2.5 litre bottles every other day. The only problem is I got lazy after a year and started getting it delivered.

I wouldn’t like just having a days food in though. As soon as I’m out of cheese on toast and cigarettes I turn into a monster. I mean how is one supposed to focus?

Archived