To Custom Order or Not to Custom Order?

andrewheard

So I just recently started selling my services on Fiverr and have completed 2 custom orders.

I have 4 Gigs available but no one seems to be interested in ordering them.

I am going to read the top posts here but for the successful fiverr sellers out there. Do you allow custom gigs or not?

Has anyone had any success doing one and not the other?

Custom gigs are the way to go for me. Standard gigs just advertise what I do whereas custom gigs are tailored to the buyers needs and the time and price is adjusted accordingly.
In the beginning, buyers are more comfortable dealing with you if you have discussed the project beforehand. Do them well, get good reviews and the gig orders will come. Your chosen gigs have a lot of competition too so that may be the issue too.

Thanks for the advice

I’m planning to add a few more gigs to my plate since I have more skills that I’m learning in school.

One thing I’ve noticed though is that the two custom gigs that I’ve completed seem to have buyers who’ve just disappeared after the order has been completed. I’m not getting any reviews of my work. Negative or Positive.

I’ve tried sending them a message about it but I get no response.

Any suggestions?

I find that a custom offer is the way to go. Most buyers tell me they are confused with the fiverr website and gig extras. So, making it easy with one click ordering gets you an instant customer that you have made happy by helping them order.

Mentioning in the description to contact before ordering is also a good way to communicate before receiving the order.

I can not figure out how to utilize the custom order function? Any recommendations. I have a buyer who placed a custom request but I have no way to respond that I accept the terms. We have hashed out all the issues but can’t figure out how to use the system?

• 5 years later...

Archived