What I'm looking for (as a buyer)

wendym

Reply to @scriptwizard: Hmmm, yes mp4 is best for Fiverr but for videos to be played outside the site I will suggest wmv(for windows users) or quicktime mov (for apple users). Not everyone has mp4 players especially those who are using Windows and are only using the default media player to view movie files. So yeah wmv and mov are what I would suggest…

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @scriptwizard: Hmmm, yes mp4 is best for Fiverr but for videos to be played outside the site I will suggest wmv(for windows users) or quicktime mov (for apple users). Not everyone has mp4 players especially those who are using Windows and are only using the default media player to view movie files. So yeah wmv and mov are what I would suggest…

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @viser1000: That’s a great help thanks. I’m starting a new project. These writing type gigs are hard work to keep up with, it’s a constant. Not that I mind writing, it’s the writing for other people’s projects that can get me down, specifically the niches that do not interest me in the least.

Hows your gigs fairing, I can see you’re level 2 but how goes it for you i your niche?

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @viser1000: That’s a great help thanks. I’m starting a new project. These writing type gigs are hard work to keep up with, it’s a constant. Not that I mind writing, it’s the writing for other people’s projects that can get me down, specifically the niches that do not interest me in the least.

Hows your gigs fairing, I can see you’re level 2 but how goes it for you i your niche?

Reply to @scriptwizard: Always glad to help when I can! It’s always good to start new works to keep you interested. Just like you I have experienced that too when sometimes, clients would ask me to do something that isn’t really to my taste. But whenever this happens I just try to concentrate on the technical aspect of the job. For example, somebody before asked me to create at least 3 minutes(per episode) of family guy style cartoons, one episode a week and has to be constant. I was so sick of doing it but instead of creating it from the heart I tried to make it beautiful for what it is using the mind (sticking to the rules and trying to be more technical than artistic). So in the end it became enjoyable as instead of continously criticizing it and feeling sick about it, I just focused on the size of the heads, the correct proportions of the hands, perspective, color themes,etc. I got some money and some new skills along the way… Bottom line is exposing yourself to unfamiliar elements can lead to personal advancement 🙂

My gigs are doing fine and I hope it goes on like that. But Vedmak is right, if I am to acquire 1000 orders I need to run a quick gig very soon!

Reply to @vedmak: Yes VLC is a great player, everyone should have it!

Reply to @scriptwizard: Always glad to help when I can! It’s always good to start new works to keep you interested. Just like you I have experienced that too when sometimes, clients would ask me to do something that isn’t really to my taste. But whenever this happens I just try to concentrate on the technical aspect of the job. For example, somebody before asked me to create at least 3 minutes(per episode) of family guy style cartoons, one episode a week and has to be constant. I was so sick of doing it but instead of creating it from the heart I tried to make it beautiful for what it is using the mind (sticking to the rules and trying to be more technical than artistic). So in the end it became enjoyable as instead of continously criticizing it and feeling sick about it, I just focused on the size of the heads, the correct proportions of the hands, perspective, color themes,etc. I got some money and some new skills along the way… Bottom line is exposing yourself to unfamiliar elements can lead to personal advancement 🙂

My gigs are doing fine and I hope it goes on like that. But Vedmak is right, if I am to acquire 1000 orders I need to run a quick gig very soon!

Reply to @vedmak: Yes VLC is a great player, everyone should have it!

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @viser1000: You did actually take similar words that usually come out of my mouth (or at the very least I think that way where possible i.e. making the best out of a rotten job & turning disadvantages [in this case monotony or displeasure] into advantages [positive mindset; self- gratification]).

I am not quite sure why you made a quote for 1000 gig sales (to veds quite right multi-sales target theory) as you only need 50 sales in one month to make best seller grade here in Fiverr (presuming I have that right) or were you just self-targeting a specific revenue of choice?

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @viser1000: You did actually take similar words that usually come out of my mouth (or at the very least I think that way where possible i.e. making the best out of a rotten job & turning disadvantages [in this case monotony or displeasure] into advantages [positive mindset; self- gratification]).

I am not quite sure why you made a quote for 1000 gig sales (to veds quite right multi-sales target theory) as you only need 50 sales in one month to make best seller grade here in Fiverr (presuming I have that right) or were you just self-targeting a specific revenue of choice?

Reply to @scriptwizard: Always happy to meet like-minded people 🙂

What?! 50 sales in one month gets you top-seller status? But that is 50 sales after reaching level 2 right? I was only active since last month and I reached level 2 (During my first two months here I was utterly clueless and didn’t understand self promotion and didn’t even know how to access this forum^^). I really like to get that status as it will get you full support from the Fiverr team and your gigs will be featured regularly 🙂 About the 1000 orders business, I need it to pay my debts!

What about you, do you have a specific mission here?

On another note, I really admire how writers like you compress an idea into very few sentences.

Reply to @scriptwizard: Always happy to meet like-minded people 🙂

What?! 50 sales in one month gets you top-seller status? But that is 50 sales after reaching level 2 right? I was only active since last month and I reached level 2 (During my first two months here I was utterly clueless and didn’t understand self promotion and didn’t even know how to access this forum^^). I really like to get that status as it will get you full support from the Fiverr team and your gigs will be featured regularly 🙂 About the 1000 orders business, I need it to pay my debts!

What about you, do you have a specific mission here?

On another note, I really admire how writers like you compress an idea into very few sentences.

Reply to @vedmak: Hostel isn’t really very suspenseful or scary, along the same lines as the Saw franchise, it has moments but ultimately there’s nothing that is going to keep you awake at night-- there aren’t a whole lot of surprises. The new(est) remake of Evil Dead is terrifying, especially if you are a fan of the original and have enough of it in your head to expect elements of it. Mama was also really good right up to the end and then fell apart (fortunately the fails in the plot all happen at the very end, so if you’re hard core you can stop watching there and just make up your own ending, I guarantee it’ll be better and leave less plot holes than the actual ending.) Or if you’re in for a classic creature feature (that isn’t terrifying) on DVD Jeepers Creepers is actually better than the box art suggests.

Reply to @vedmak: Hostel isn’t really very suspenseful or scary, along the same lines as the Saw franchise, it has moments but ultimately there’s nothing that is going to keep you awake at night-- there aren’t a whole lot of surprises. The new(est) remake of Evil Dead is terrifying, especially if you are a fan of the original and have enough of it in your head to expect elements of it. Mama was also really good right up to the end and then fell apart (fortunately the fails in the plot all happen at the very end, so if you’re hard core you can stop watching there and just make up your own ending, I guarantee it’ll be better and leave less plot holes than the actual ending.) Or if you’re in for a classic creature feature (that isn’t terrifying) on DVD Jeepers Creepers is actually better than the box art suggests.

Archived