Buyers, we're not all desperate

fastcopywriter

Some sellers do everything for $5, that’s understandable. They’re new, they’re eager to get positive reviews, they really need the money, etc.

Others don’t. That’s why you have to read the entire gig, some charge $5 for this, then $5 for that, then $10 for this, etc.

If you need X with Y, don’t pay just for X and expect X with Y. Otherwise you will get a message asking that you pay for Y. Then you’ll reply “what good is X without Y?” Then you’ll be asked if you want a refund.

Come on, buyers! This isn’t a negotiation, it’s not Let’s Make a Deal.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear. This is so annoying.
People come to me thinking they’re doing me a favor.
Almost all of my reviews are 5/5 stars, even the most expensive orders.

I got this order for $5 once, I completed it nicely. I got rated 4.5/5.
The same buyer ordered the gig again.
I said I wasn’t happy with the previous order and so I don’t want to work again.
The buyer says “You should be happy I came back to you”

Like seriously… I should be glad because you are coming back to me giving me a business of $5 and ruining my rating.

Some people think they own the world because they’re giving us $5 for our service.

I totally agree, lately I’ve noticed how the amount of orders have decreased…

And this thing has happened several times

• A possible buyer requests a task
  • I quote a price that includes revisions, fast turnaround, …
  • Said “too expensive, someone do it for just $5”
  • I usually reply, “I’m sorry but I can do it for less than my initial budget. Good luck!”
  • Some days later, he comes back saying “The other seller did that s**t, could you take my request?”
  • So, I do the job and sometimes I been tipped

The buyer, has to pay twice for a job well done and need more days to have it

It usually happens to me when a buyer sees I have no gigs in my queue. Actually 2 things happen when they see my queue is empty

1. They want me to work for cheap

2. They want it tomorrow

I don’t necessarily object to them trying to get a better price (negotiate) but when their request is beyond ridiculous all I can do is laugh (i.e. a $50 job for $5 – maybe $40, but $5 – LOL)

I’m still new here, but I have spent a lot of time browsing fiverr seeing what sellers offer. I have noticed there is an insane amount of people offering so much for only $5, naturally this creates high expectations from buyers especially those doing so for the first time.

I’m still puzzled by the amount of work certain people will do for only $5, for example I noticed a couple of people from non english speaking countries offering to write 10000 word essay for only $5. Now assuming it takes at minimum of a day for a good writer to come-up with a well researched 10000 word article, that $5 even in a poor country just wont be worth the effort.

Reply to @funkygfx: That is really hilarious! I’ve had similar incidents but instead I work hard to maintain my 5 stars. At one point an order got cancelled yet my rating remained 4.9 when every order was 5. This is something which is a problem that happens one your rating goes lower, gets fixed, yet 4.9 stays, it does not go back to 5. I don’t know why.

Reply to @steveeyes: I am totally agree with you.

I’ve been promoted to Level 2 seller few weeks ago and I was really excited, until I get an continuous order from a buyer. At first everything work so well, but after few orders, the nightmare began. “Can you just do me a favor? it’s just a really quick and simple task.” "I need a quick … design, and asking for advance work before pay.

Your buyer want it cheap and want it tomorrow, mine want it cheap, multiple options, unlimited revision, immediate delivery, and he always cheat. Instead of place a new order, he claim as last order revision. In the end he said, if you need to charge me for it. that’s fine. But if you do, I will need a real design neeeded for that same image. He ruined my Level 2 excited on Fiverr.

10k words with no research–let’s say rewriting–is going to take me 8-10 hours with minimal bathroom/food breaks. For $5? Get outta here! It is a good business strategy on Fiverr to offer more for less when getting started, but if a TRS or Level 2 seller is still doing ridiculous amounts of work for nothing, they’re shafting themselves. While I appreciate that $5 can be a lot of money in parts of the world, $15, $25, $55 etc is a lot more, so why not? If you have the levels and skills that clients need, then the opportunity is there.

A buyer expecting that $5 is the new “normal” for specialized work is going to get burnt eventually–but that’s their own fault. Good work typically requires good money.

Fiverr started out with an excellent business model. They still have a good one.
But unfortunately, some people don’t get that not all services are $5.

I have some of my gigs on pause because I was getting an overwhelmingly amount of inquiries (that’s a good thing), but some didn’t find my fee to be within their budget.

It’s a lot of work to write 10,000 well-written words, or write anything for that matter.

In short, you get what you pay for.

I think Fiverr should have some “Memo” to buyers initially when they sign up, to let them know that even though the base price for services starts at $5 not everything will get what you want for such a price, I guess it seems misleading on the part of advertising that you can get anything for $5, so that is why the buyers come with that expectation, but in my opinion, it doesn’t hurt to read what a seller is offering if you are not sure ask the seller if that is not within your scope you can move unto another seller that can offer what you need.

Reply to @zaxtargus: I hear what you’re saying, and you do beautiful work, I was looking at your business cards. What are buyers thinking? That they’re paying you $250? If I hired you, I would demand one revision maybe, if I need another one, I would pay you another $5 or hire you again. That’s the way sellers should be treated. In the end, one of my favorite words in the English language is “no,” I use it a lot. I encourage everyone to do the same. LOL

Reply to @mrtrevor: Some people have voice software, so they might not be typing but speaking to a microphone, reading different things from the web, collecting lots of quotes, and then polishing it a bit. Still, even with those tricks, 10,000 words for $5 is insane.

I’ve been writing articles for a very easy client for $5, but I’ll give him 500 to 700 words, and this is a guy that demands no revisions and gives me topics I already know really well.

Archived