Buyers, we're not all desperate

fastcopywriter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @fitnesseducator:
Do write that comedy!
oh and I’ve grown addicted to forums, I’ve found great sellers and gigs I didn’t even knew I needed this way, because people can really show their real personality here 😃 (like you, fitnesseducator, saved your gigs for later, because you seem honest and real, perfect to work with if our producer agrees… and no worries, not going to ask for discount on fiverr)

Sometimes, personally, If I see an extraordinary gig, I feel like it would be too “shameful” to just pay $5 for it… so I’d rather upgrade it with extras if that’s the only way to give a living wage to them. It’s like, you maybe pay five dollars for a coffee, and even if it’s stale you don’t go back and complain, as it is still coffee 😛 When you know you want a really special blend of coffee, you know you have to pay more money, and wait more time to get it.
(AND, even when you order regular coffee in a place that ONLY offers regular, but the barista is vert nice, you tip them… because you want them to feel good of what they do, even if they can’t make better coffee.)

What I am trying to convey, is that if you can, deliver better than expected - and if you are delivered with better than expected, show your gratitude 🙂

The name sounds like $5, and that’s on purpose. And some do offer a ton and spoil it for others. I’m pretty new here and things are crazy. I have had a few too good to be true orders suck.
I did order a video form Allie and it was great. It made me think. $5, not a lot of money…but for 6 seconds that $300 an hour! I know more goes into that. But it lends some perspective.
I will say things go both ways. I’ve run into some language barriers causing major screw ups that never should have happened.
**** Also PLEASE ****
I asked for a gig. I always ask as clearly as I can to ask me any questions, and to include a work sample, timeline, and price.
A guy shot me back an offer saying he would do it. I accepted. He went berserk asking why I did that – because $5 was not enough money.
What the heck am I supposed to do? This has happened 3 times to varying degrees. Now I answer back to all proposals asking them first to summarize what they think I want before I accept.
Probably looks condescending. Sorry!

Part of the issue is the name itself…Fiverr…of course buyers are going to expect a gig for $5. That is why they come here in the first place. Now regular business people know the value of certain things outside the market. But the whole premis of Fiverr started long ago with people doing silly and serious things all for $5.

Reply to @designbybliss: Thank you. By the way, don’t underestimate $5 orders, an insurance company president once hired me to write an e-mail for $5, he was so happy he gave me a $20 tip. Then he hired me twice more, so I made a lot of money with him.

The clients I reject are the ones that demand revisions without being specific or if they’re too picky. The guy that tells me

1. was blah
  2. Sucks
  3. It’s not creative

That’s the guy that gets the refund. No revision for him! 😉

Archived