Buyers, we're not all desperate

fastcopywriter

very annoying when a buyer makes an order for $5 and expect to deliver something available with extras ! some buyers asked me to do a work worth $20 or more for $5 just because i’m a seller !!! there has been a period if almost one month where i didn’t get any order, but i refused to work for a cheap price.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually browsing around here to see if i could understand why people agree to so a gig for 5 dollars when the buyer is asking for too much, for example I look under Buyer requests and it seems ridiculous to me that someone can ask to read an entire book for 5 dollars and they have offers listed!!!. I have to say though fivver has been so far a good experience, have 1 buyer who thought we did a phenomenal job but only gave us 4.5…

I believe the only way things can work is when both the buyer and seller cooperate. We just have to use our common sense to understand that what is the worth of what we are asking for and what we are doing.
I offer some paid things for free which I see some other sellers offering for extra charges but again there is an extent to what one can offer in $5.
So basically neither the seller or buyer should get greedy, if they do that is where the problem starts.

Yup, sometimes in the past when people weren’t happy with me, they’d insult me for working for $5. As if all of my orders are $5. And I get so offended when people offer $5 for a large task, or tell me others are willing to do the same thing for less. With an average order of $16, I’m pretty sure I’m not poor LOL. I spend a little bit of time on Fiverr every day and it probably averages out to like $50-$100/ hour. Not too shabby!

Reply to @mino23: Sometimes, even you stated very clear in your gig’s description but it’s not helpful because there is nothing can stop buyer click button " Request modification" as many as they want. I know that everyone wants to pay less and get more but it’s not fair for seller to do 100$ job for only $5.

Reply to @escobarl: For book reviews, it’s unlikely people will read the entire book, it’s not necessary. You can read a few pages, you can skim through it, jump around, you can see what other book reviews other people wrote, and you can write something based on the book description.

Example: “This book was awesome! I never new Pompey was such an interesting character. The other characters were very interesting as well. The author describes the Roman in detail. I’m so glad I read this book.”

See? What writer doesn’t love a review like that?

Hahaha I have always wanted to write a comedy about this stuff on Fiverr. But it is true. Also, just to add a little value, I’ve experienced that It is usually the customer who asks for a certain discount that become particular, asks for repeat modifications, and in the end hardly seems grateful for the effort. I no longer offer discounts, period.

Reply to @fitnesseducator: The things I deal with are unbelievable, look at this message:

“this is my design that needs to cut down colors and remove flams from picture the main colors should be yellow red black & white remove back ground just use main design.”

=======

I’m a writer, not a designer. Search “t-shirt designer” and hire the right person.
"

want to design two tee shirts gigs. I need the flams removed to the patch. and just the patch no background. The picture I painted the colors in to the black & white print

=======
I don’t design, PLEASE read the entire gig before sending messages. Please read the reviews. I am a WRITER.

=======
“than what can you do for me to print this designs ?
Remove flams from patch and remove the back grounds.
Print the black & white picture to color that I painted.”

=======

I am a writer, do you speak English? I cannot help you ."

“you can’t print this patch on the back of the tee shirt. and yes I speak English but don’t understand the difference between a writer and a printer. I’m old and can’t work with computers that much can you tell me what a writer is?”

=======
"STEPHEN KING is a writer, the woman who wrote Harry Potter is a writer, people who write headlines and other advertising copy are COPYWRITERS.

YOU NEED A DESIGNER. So search “t-shirt design” and stop asking me questions. "

Can you believe it? My grandmother is 95, she knows what a writer is.

Reply to @seobookmarkbest:
YEAH!! I got a buyer from INDIA, not that I am being offensive of the country, but this buyer, ordered for a big job and I even agreed to do it for half price(he said his budget wasn’t very big) so anyway, considerably, I agreed to do it. I put a lot of effort and tire into it and since it was big I sent some samples of the progress for him to check and he said my work was great, but then when everything was over, he comes back witha reply saying that it wasn’t upto standard??? Was he blind the whole time I sent him samples of his work progress??? I lost lots of important time just for him!! And so, he refused to pay and what can I do, I cancelled before that irritating moron could post a negative review and make things worse!!!

Guest wowyou

I’m actually amazed at what some sellers are willing do to for $5. As a result, buyers expect everyone to be like that! Umm…no. I’m new here, but I’ve set up my Gig to let people know that I’m not one that will do anything for $5. Sorry. I did learn the hard way. One of the first Gigs I did, I would literally have charged thousands for elsewhere but it’s ok. That won’t happen again though! 🙂 My focus is on delivering high quality services, not on racing to the bottom. So buyers who want bottom feeders can go elsewhere. I don’t mind.

I’m really happy to have re-discovered Fiverr. I do wish I had started on here earlier. I heard of the platform several years ago but honestly thought it was for low quality providers. At the time I was a partner at a marketing firm and I wouldn’t even consider hiring anyone from here. I think many buyers still have the same perception I used to have but boy is that wrong! There are some really talented people on here. Buyers really need to wise up.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: shakes head Boy - oh - boy … I get the same stuff fastcopywriter… except its for people wanting me to make cartoon videos yet all of my samples and my presentation reflect that I’m a real person actor… I’m not an animator… Yet they still ask "But how can you make a video like this for me? " Its annoying …

Archived