Staying Competitive

emgarry

Hello All

I hope all sales are going well for you. I am struggling to remain competitive on Fiverr being a market flooded with proofreaders and editors like myself. I change my profile to hopefully improve my click rate and I am now offering a lot more work for the same money in a bid to get more business. I professional proofread and edit any document up to 5000 words for $5, and now I’m getting a couple of requests to complete 7500 words for the same amount. I never compromise on the quality of my work, but it is a fine balance and I don’t want to be taken advantage of in my bid to get sales and good reviews. I know I control the pricing and sales process for potential clients but because I get so few requests, I feel I can’t really turn down anything that comes my way. I sometimes don’t even come up in the search when I look for myself.

So, I would just like to ask if anyone has tips on how to stay competitive without working yourself to the bone at all hours of the day and night?

Thanks all and best of luck to us all!

Emer

Attractive thumbnail will increase clicks. They don’t read your info until after they click.

You will get new customers from low prices and great reviews.
You will get higher paid jobs from repeat customers. They have already experienced your next price level during previous orders.

Focus on the products that the customers are willing to pay more for.

It took me about 100 deliveries on each gig to begin to get traction. It is alot of work at first, but it does pay off.

Reply to @landongrace: Can you explain what you mean by attractive thumbnail?
Do you mean the gig main photo?

Yes it’s a lot of work at first and takes time to build up lots of great reviews.

If you get few orders put in the work and time and eventually it will pay off.
I still work around the clock 7 days a week and manage to squeeze in some hours here and there for myself.

Reply to @misscrystal: I believe when people are scrolling through the gig list, they choose to click gigs that grab their attention by the gig graphic, or if you have a video, the video thumbnail that shows. On most devices, this has to be able to be seen when it is very small. Take a look at your gig image. Does it stand out or look different than the rest in your category?

Archived