Need Help To Find Good Writer

gypsyvapes

i do a lot of web content order… i am new man in fiverr but professional seller in seoclerks with over than $1,000 revenue from content article service. i am writing unique web contents, any niches, no duplicate contents, no spin software, written manually and pass copy scape test. please contact me for sample of work and work details. thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willedridge

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter… and bleed.” - Ernest Hemingway

A big problem with writing is that almost anyone can do it… but that doesn’t mean they should.

I regularly see articles being advertised at $5 for 500 words and I can’t see how people with native level English can justify writing for $0.01 per word. That’s worse than some of the shadier content mills out there.

If you want quality writing you are going to have to pay for a writer not just someone with good grammar, because that $0.01 per word doesn’t cover the cost of research, rewriting, editing and proofreading before it’s delivered.

And it certainly doesn’t cover the cost of their artistic flair, imagination and ideas.

If you only want to pay $5 then expect to get shit delivered to your inbox so you can be pleasantly surprised if you get half decent writing.

Good grief! I find it hard to believe, but I’ve noted at least two people who have responded to this thread who are non-English speakers.

As most everyone has commented, you should set your sights on a writer who has been with Fiverr at least a few months, who has a high rating, and is fully capable of offering samples of his or her writing. I usually send a link to a blog that I am currently writing content for - that way, you can be sure of my expertise.

One thing to consider might be whether or not you’re paying enough for the services that you’re asking for. Also: if this content is for 1 website, I would not be posting 100 articles/blog posts per month on it. Sending that much content to clients’ inboxes is an overload.

I highly suggest that you review Guy Kawasaki’s Ted talks on YouTube. He is (IMHO) the most insightful man on the subject of social media marketing that I have ever wanted to have the pleasure of listening to.

Here is a link to one of them. Be prepared, get a cup of coffee or tea, and sit down. The presentation is 1 hour and thirty minutes, but it will be the best thing you’ll do for your business in the short run.

100 article per month? All original? For $5?

That’s always a tough order no matter what. So $500 or more per month is your budget?

Just because the country is USA, there are a ton of international students and immigrants who live here and are citizens here, so USA does not mean native English speaker or writer.

As for finding someone, if you want to work off of Fiverr you are just going to have to keep trying out all different writers. Pay attention to how well their profiles are written up as well as their gigs. Do NOT ignore any typos or grammatical errors. If you find any there, then that is probably what you might get.

Also, sending a quick message to a seller beforehand and then seeing how they write their response to you is another indication. I would highly recommend you contact them first, to say you are interested in buying 1 article and if it goes well, you would want to place an order for 99 more for the month. The topic is about xxxxxx, about XXX words. Is that something you can do or are interested in?

You h ave to also understand, a seller may or may not want that kind of ongoing stuff or that much of a bulk volume so you should always be writing to them before testing them out and then see how well written their reply is. Granted replies to message may not be perfect, but you can tell basic level of writing skills.

Part of hiring a writer is also finding someone who can write about your topic. And you may have to go off of Fiverr to find this kind of a resource.

Reply to @sincere18: I wouldn’t give any indication of future work. Use the $5 to judge the content as it is.

If you promise 99 more orders immediately after the first one, the writer could simply pay another seller $10 to write the content for the first order. Then, after you place an order for 99 more articles, they could deliver absolute garbage.

Reply to @mrproofreading: That’s true, however buying 99 gigs from one seller is something to discuss upfront before placing that kind of order.

But I agree, you probably wouldn’t want to mention it during a test. Though I am curious from the person who posted if they are looking for complete original content, and how long the articles need to be?

There are some people in the US with bad grammar skills. I think that the advice above, of sending the seller a message and seeing if they communicate in proper English, is the best advice. People can rig their gigs to look good, but you will not know how their grammar really is until you communicate with them.

Hi Friend, judging by your username I couldn’t help but assume you would like my specialty: https://www.fiverr.com/strongestate/write-seo-cannabis-content

I’m not cheap, however, and with a request for 100 articles a month my Fiverr-dar tells me that is what you are looking for. As my tag line goes, "On Fiverr you pay for what you get!"

Take Care, Tracy

1700 words a day approximated , you ask for a extremely large amount of work.

Now before you get into “but Its only a few pages” understand this : you get what you pay for and original content even from a solid English speaking author will take time to come up with great new stuff.

Suggest you get more then one writer- all this from someone not actually selling a writers gig.

Reply to @bonniespeaks: Yes, it is tough out there. If you’re looking for a seller who speaks English fluently and who can write well, you’ll find that they’re not cheap. Okay, maybe they’re cheap, but not as cheap as many who promise to write your entire book for $5.

As a professional writer, I honestly can’t sell everything at $5. So, I give you a taste of what I can do for $5, and if you want my best work, you need to pay me for it. $5 an hour isn’t even minimum wage, so don’t expect work that is going to take that long. I do happen to do flyers, but if I’m writing them, they’ll cost. If it’s a simple layout, I’m happy to do it for $5.

So far, my clients have been happy. That being said, I suspect I have one client who wants the world for $5. We’ll see how that shakes out.

Firstly I do agree with with sincere18, there are many international students who are there to make an extra buck to get by and are probably living in the states. That being said, of course they would need to up their game or else it wont be long before they won’t be able to sell anymore gigs.

Anyways, If you are looking for reliable writers then send me a shout. Other than the gigs on fiverr, I do write for blogs and other places on the net. of course the price would need to be negotiated but I am sure that you will like the content I can conjure based on experience and the passion for writing.

Cheers and good luck.

Reply to @proacuity: That’s the unclear part, how much the original poster is willing to pay for all the articles. My guess is that is why they are having issues to begin with. Though they have not responded to this thread any longer, but with some better insight from them we could help a bit more.

Guest amridgeway

100 articles in a month is a ridiculously tall order, not to be rude. I probably couldn’t do more than fifty, because I’d also like a life outside of sitting at my computer typing all day.

Reply to @bonniespeaks: I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time finding your writer. Have you asked your potential candidates for samples? Also, if you have some good examples of past flyers you have liked, send those to your potential writers. It’ll help them better capture your sense of style.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Reply to @sara1984: I absolutely do. The only thing that dictates price, is demand. Over the course of my first year on Fiverr, I raised my prices steadily because I couldn’t keep up with the volume. When you get too busy, it’s time for a price increase. If you are not too busy then you should stay where you are at.

I certainly can write that many articles per month and have done so, but for a single gig where I only get $4 those articles would have to be 350 words or it isn’t worth my time to do so. I have clients outside of Fiverr that pay me $40 a page for quality web content and copywriting. Those assignments, although fewer than what I do on Fiverr pay the rent. It only takes me 20 pages (about 2 websites) and 4 press releases to pay my bills each month.

Consider that 100 $5 gigs ends up as $400 by the time we see it (less after paypal). As most of us are not actually subject matter experts on everything in the world, we have to research a topic before writing on it which takes time to do right. That ends up as less than minimum wage work in the US and using far more concentration and effort.

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I understand value and value is not synonymous with “cheap”. An Eddie Bauer sweater has value even if I pay $65 for it because unlike the Walmart sweater it won’t fall apart and I can return it at any point in its lifetime.

Well-written copy (market writing) which will compel someone to purchase your product, versus show up on the page (thanks to keywords) and click off right away is worth no less than $8. Given that the page stays their for the lifetime of your website, that is value if even two people per month reads it and purchases the product.

Archived