How to get the best for your $5

vinolin

So this is a question that I get asked quite often. Spending $5 and expecting a $5000 professional service is quite hard to find, even on Fiverr…or is it?

Here are some tips on how to get the best bang for your buck:

• This is something I always say in my posts - Look for Newbie Fiverr sellers. They are always eager to impress and give you a service over and above the norm in order to get that rating. Try them out!
  • Request a gig. This is a good way for you to sit back and let the sellers come to you;
  • Use the above point to leverage what you want. Find a seller that will do what you want and how quick you want it. Offer incentives though - good ratings and a regular buyer will be the star on the Chirstmas tree.

Lastly, I think it is important to always have a look at previous customer reviews on a seller. Having a good reviews means that seller is doing delivering!

Why not have a look at my profile and gigs!

https://www.fiverr.com/vinolin

#UnGig

Great points! I’d like to add a few tips, if I may?

If you (all you buyers out there) are genuinely looking to spend $5 on something that would cost $5000 off of Fiverr, you’re probably going to be disappointed. I’m the first one to say that there are millions of sellers here offering really high quality work at bargain prices–but meter your expectations.

If you’ve contacted many different sellers and none have responded or those that have responded have declined to take on the project, you might unknowingly be asking for too much work for a single gig. On the other hand, if what you’re asking for is exactly what is detailed in the seller’s gig description and they’re still refusing to work with you, they are either trying to rinse you for more money or you might be using the wrong approach.

On a related note, if what you’re asking for is exactly what the seller’s gig offers, there’s not a whole lot of reason to waste your time and the seller’s by contacting beforehand. It might sound risky to assume that a seller is available and ready to work on your project just because their gig is live–but that’s what a live gig should mean: “I have time to take on projects, please purchase from me!” I know that some sellers really want all buyers to contact them before buying, and they’re welcome to want that, but if a buyer is actually requesting exactly what they’re willing to pay for, based on your description/extras, why bother chatting about it beforehand?

Even if you’ve had bad experiences with other sellers in the past, don’t use that as a reason to treat the sellers you’re currently communicating/working with poorly. Threats and comments like “I’ve worked with other sellers and they’ve all be horrible, so you better be good,” does not make a seller excited to work with you or to produce their very best work.

Additionally, if you have a problem with a delivery, you should talk to the seller before leaving a negative review–most sellers are going to be very demotivated to fix an issue or a problem when they’ve already received a one-star review. Most will, however, be very motivated to correct a mistake they’ve made to keep you, their customer, happy.

Finally, one of the best ways to get the best work out of your sellers is to provide as thorough instructions as you can. Never assume that the seller will figure out what you want. Obviously, some gigs need more instruction than others and some may need very little, if any, but in general, if you want something specific, ask for it! Don’t wait until the seller has already done the work to say, “Oh, by the way, I wanted it to look/sound/act/read like this.”

Archived