Everything you need to know about setting up a Gig

natalieab

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If I feel a gig is going to be delivered at the further end of the delivery time spectrum, I make sure to tell the buyer why and assure them their order will be delivered in time. I don’t have to do it, but it keeps them happy and they know I’m working on it.

These are so useful! I especially love the changeable gig delivery time :‘D I would be completely lost if I couldn’t move it about from time to time. Though, my gig pictures always look odd. I mess about with resolution and whatever but it always just seems grainy. Could you possibly explain why this happens? It’s okay if you can’t. I just worry :’)

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @faithfulgig:

I’m assuming you adhered to Fiverr’s video requirements of:

no more than 50MB, less than a minute long, and the mention of the gig being available on Fiverr. YOu miss one of those, your video will be rejected. Check the settings/properties of your video, to see if it conforms to all 3. If you’ve got all of those down, I suggest you try Mac or PC’s own movie making app.

One thing I really learned after setting up my gig is not to force yourself into a corner. In my gig video, I mentioned my delivery time as guaranteed 2 day delivery. Then, when I got bombarded with gigs, I had to increase my delivery time, but felt terrible that the video still mentioned the 2 day delivery, so I have to completely redo my gig video. Giving yourself flexibility in your gig video is important!

-Actressellen

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a gig that requires shipping like I do, than you will need to set up the shipping details when you create your gig. At the bottom of the edit page where you put the details of your gig, there is a check box that asks if this item need to be shipped? Click on that box and more details will open up and let you add shipping costs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived