Using VPN During Bangladesh's Quata Reform Protest: Impact on Fiverr Accounts

sumaiya_mukta

Question

Hello everyone,

As many of you are aware, Bangladesh recently experienced an extensive internet blackout due to the Quata Reform Protest. The government shut down cellular and Wi-Fi networks for five days, and when they restored Wi-Fi, the connection was extremely slow (a 14 MB file took 4 hours to download). Today, on day 10, mobile cellular services have been restored, but social media access is restricted, and download/upload speeds remain very slow.

Given these challenges, many Bangladeshi freelancers have resorted to using VPNs to access social media, and to download and upload files on Fiverr. I wanted to discuss whether using VPNs in this context could cause any issues with our Fiverr accounts.

Here are a few points for discussion:

• Account Security: Does using a VPN raise any security flags on Fiverr, possibly leading to account suspension or other issues?
  • Location Mismatch: Could Fiverr’s system detect the VPN use as a location mismatch, and if so, what are the potential consequences?
  • Best Practices: What are some best practices for using VPNs to ensure our Fiverr accounts remain secure and compliant with Fiverr’s policies?

I’m looking forward to hearing from those who have experience or knowledge about this. Your insights will be greatly appreciated, especially during these challenging times.

Stay safe and connected!

Best regards,
S. Mukta

• Like 4

9 answers to this question

It is always the best solution when it comes to the usage of VPN due to no internet connection: Contact Fiverr Support and ask for their permission to use VPN. That way, you will be safe and they will guide you better as well. Else your account will be suspended. So do not use VPN on your own.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

But if internet speed is SLOW, how will VPN help?? It will also work using the SAME connection. It can provide dynamic location(s) for sure but how will it help with faster internet??

Someone can educate me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

Just now, sumaiya_mukta said:

Thank you so much for this help, I post it here because I believe, Fiverr support replies only help me, but the forum helps all Bangladeshis who are also concerned about this.

So better to contact Fiverr Support and get answers from them. Afterwards, you can share their answers here with the other Bangladeshis on the Forum.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

But if internet speed is SLOW, how will VPN help?? It will also work using the SAME connection. It can provide dynamic location(s) for sure but how will it help with faster internet??

Someone can educate me if I'm wrong. 

Some VPNs have features that enable you to skip ISP throttling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

It is always the best solution when it comes to the usage of VPN due to no internet connection: Contact Fiverr Support and ask for their permission to use VPN. That way, you will be safe and they will guide you better as well. Else your account will be suspended. So do not use VPN on your own.

Thank you so much for this help, I post it here because I believe, Fiverr support replies only help me, but the forum helps all Bangladeshis who are also concerned about this.

• Like 2