ID Verification CAMERA ISSUE

kdpmirror

Hello,

Can you please guide me how to go for ID Verification.

The issue is:
Whenever I signed in at Fiverr at my cell phone, it pops up with a message "allow your camera access from your cell phone settings to take picture"
I allowed my cell phone camera to take picture of my ID" But the same message arises again and again that allow your mobile phone to get access to mobile phone camera"

Can u please guide me how to fix this issue so that I can easily take pic of my ID via Fiverr app or website?

Thanks and Regards
Jaudat

• Like 19
  • Up 1

Hi @kdpmirror,

Hope you doing well!

Firstly log in to your Fiverr account on the Chrome browser. Secondly, open your Fiverr app on your mobile and select your ID type then go to the upper section where a 3 dot(...) section appears then select open in browser. Finally, take a picture (Front and back) of your ID. That's all.

Hope it works for you.

Thank You.

Edited by imran_ctg_bd
Elaborately explained the issues
  • Like 16
  • Up 3

Thanks Mr. Imran for your guidance 🙂. The is problem still there>
Kindly find below the screenshot of the issue.
The same POP UP Message visible again and again and phone camera is unable to take the pic of my ID.
Even though the mobile camera has a full access to take the pic of my ID>

Thanks and Regards

image.png.4e48bb31a5654f0af368f4f34ae47540.png

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

• 4 months later...

I have this same problem today with the same message....The ID verification process requires camera access....

However, when I went to camera settings on my android phone, the camera permission does not show the Fiverr app.  Without the Fiverr app being listed under all the apps, I can't give it permission.  What is the problem?  Can the ID verification be done with the laptop camera instead of with the phone camera?  

• Like 9

On 3/18/2024 at 1:51 PM, invent_prep said:

Can the ID verification be done with the laptop camera instead of with the phone camera?  

No, but you can do it through mobile browser instead of the app. Of course, first make sure that your mobile browser has camera access. 

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

2024-04-0618_39_06-IDVerificationCAMERAISSUE-StarterQuestions-FiverrCommunity.png.bba78f45d634a4caa499ad25cede66f5.png

Tap on the highlighted three dots, then select "Open in External browser" or "Open in Chrome". Then it will request camera access through your browser. Android's In-app browser cannot request camera permissions.

Edited by creativecolumn
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, tonymensah said:

I used chrome and I still not working.

I have managed to resolve the issue, I had my phone on lockdown mode. As soon as I turned lockdown mode off and restarted my phone I was able to verify my ID. This might help someone having the same issue. Check if you have any security settings that might prevent the website from accessing your camera.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2023 at 1:18 AM, kdpmirror said:

Thanks Mr. Imran for your guidance 🙂. The is problem still there>
Kindly find below the screenshot of the issue.
The same POP UP Message visible again and again and phone camera is unable to take the pic of my ID.
Even though the mobile camera has a full access to take the pic of my ID>

Thanks and Regards

image.png.4e48bb31a5654f0af368f4f34ae47540.png

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same problem. Please guide me. Thank You

• Like 7

I'm currently stuck on the page asking me to scan a QR code and submit a photo. When I scan the code, it says Photos sent successfully but I haven't sent anything yet and can't proceed to publish my gig. Is this part of a new update, or am I missing something in the process?

fivv.JPG

fiv.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I had experienced the same issue. I managed to verify the account using my mobile Chrome browser.

Make sure you log in to the mobile browser and click on the ID verification notification. After that, it will take you there and allow you to use your camera and verify the account.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

For those who are still not able to to complete the verification due to the camera access issue and when they try using chrome it show QR page it might be because you are using desktop site setting in chrome .

Steps :

1. open the verification page on app when it ask to select id card /passport /etc click on 3 dots and open in external site 

2. On opening on external site make sure  that you are not on desktop site mode in chrome setting. Uncheck it and you will be able to use chrome to complete verification

Screenshot_20240620-174850.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a message last week that I needed to verify my ID even though I started selling last August. I turned off the internet on my phone to reduce my bill when I lost all my clients from the lockdowns (not Fiverr related). So I could not take a picture of the QR code nor click on the link in the text message sent to me. So I just bought a new smartphone. Google does not approve of the Fiverr app so using my camera to take a pic of the QR code did not work. And I can not edit the phone number associated with my account to have the text link sent to my new phone. 

This is so frustrating. It looks like I will only be a seller for 8 more days. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I would create a new account with my new phone but then I would lose all my reviews and order history.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, jimkernicky said:

I saw a message last week that I needed to verify my ID even though I started selling last August. I turned off the internet on my phone to reduce my bill when I lost all my clients from the lockdowns (not Fiverr related). So I could not take a picture of the QR code nor click on the link in the text message sent to me. So I just bought a new smartphone. Google does not approve of the Fiverr app so using my camera to take a pic of the QR code did not work. And I can not edit the phone number associated with my account to have the text link sent to my new phone. 

This is so frustrating. It looks like I will only be a seller for 8 more days. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I would create a new account with my new phone but then I would lose all my reviews and order history.

Hi there! 

I would not recommend resorting to starting a new account. Please reach out to Customer Support and explain the situation to them. They should be able to help you get things resolved. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd verification and gig is not uploading

When i try to fill my personal and business information. After it comes a photo like send link or scan qr code. I entered to send link, when i got link and open the same picture with qr code and again send link option comes, there is no options coming for I'd passport and photo option.

I will appreciate your guidance. 

IMG_20240714_013451.jpg

IMG_20240714_062154.jpg

• Like 2

Try the following steps to resolve the issue. I hope this helps:

1. Log in to your Fiverr account on your laptop, desktop PC, MacBook, or iMac.
  2. Open the verification screen, where you will see a QR code.
  3. Scan the QR code with your smartphone. A link will appear; open the link to access the verification screen.

Note: You also need to log in to your Fiverr account on your smartphone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jany_designer said:

When i try to fill my personal and business information. After it comes a photo like send link or scan qr code. I entered to send link, when i got link and open the same picture with qr code and again send link option comes, there is no options coming for I'd passport and photo option.

I will appreciate your guidance. 

IMG_20240714_013451.jpg

IMG_20240714_062154.jpg

Try a different browser :

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, kdpmirror said:

Hello,

Can you please guide me how to go for ID Verification.

The issue is:
Whenever I signed in at Fiverr at my cell phone, it pops up with a message "allow your camera access from your cell phone settings to take picture"
I allowed my cell phone camera to take picture of my ID" But the same message arises again and again that allow your mobile phone to get access to mobile phone camera"

Can u please guide me how to fix this issue so that I can easily take pic of my ID via Fiverr app or website?

Thanks and Regards
Jaudat

you go mobile setting and manually on camera setting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was facing the same issue everyone here is facing, I just received email that I got verified, I used duckduckgo browser to verify the ID. It does not cause any camera issue and the process was smooth, just copy and paste the ID verification page link to duckduckgo, you'll be asked to sing-in to the fiverr and the camera will not cause issue, hope this will help. Note: take your pictures in good lighting.