A New Violation-Fine Policy

animatedwb_pro

Dear Fiverr Team,

I would like to propose an alternative approach to handling policy violations by freelancers on your platform. Instead of immediately disabling accounts for policy breaches, I suggest implementing a fines system to address minor and major infractions.

This approach would allow freelancers to learn from their mistakes without facing severe consequences, while also maintaining the integrity of your platform. The fines could be tiered, with minor violations incurring a smaller fee and major violations resulting in a more substantial penalty.

This system would:

- Provide a more nuanced approach to policy enforcement
- Allow freelancers to rectify their mistakes and continue working on the platform
- Generate revenue for Fiverr through fines
- Encourage freelancers to carefully review and adhere to platform policies

I believe this approach would benefit both Fiverr and the freelancer community. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
Dr Faiz

• Like 7

It might work but it would also encourage Fiverr to give more warnings and also charge people without the seller being given full evidence and a way to prove they didn't do anything wrong. Lots of people get warnings without any evidence or proper way for them to dispute it (eg. the location inconsistencies or warnings for "manipulating the rating system" or something similar (which may be because of a buyer's review and not something the seller has done. The seller shouldn't be charged $ for something they haven't actually done wrong. Not all Fiverr's rules are disclosed by Fiverr too. And it might be unfair to require the seller to give substantial payments (especially without any independent checker or way of disputing the warning or being given evidence about it).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

32 minutes ago, animatedwb_pro said:

I would like to propose an alternative approach to handling policy violations by freelancers on your platform. Instead of immediately disabling accounts for policy breaches, I suggest implementing a fines system to address minor and major infractions.

This approach would allow freelancers to learn from their mistakes without facing severe consequences, while also maintaining the integrity of your platform. The fines could be tiered, with minor violations incurring a smaller fee and major violations resulting in a more substantial penalty.

Not in the favor of this idea.

Reason: What if the sellers/buyers start asking for personal details from each other and then take their business outside the Fiverr every time even Fiverr deducts the penalty fees from their accounts?

Why is it difficult for everyone to follow the rules/TOS? If you could read TOS properly and operate your Fiverr account accordingly then you won't be in trouble. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

well the idea is great though, however there should be some rules that are considered as Major Violations and warning and account disability should be issued only to that Violations such as

1) Contact outside fiverr

2) Review Manipulation

while the penalty and fines should be implemented on some minor violations such as unprofessional

1)abusive communication

2) warning your clients

etc

• Like 3

On 6/23/2024 at 11:30 AM, animatedwb_pro said:

Dear Fiverr Team,

This system would:

- Provide a more nuanced approach to policy enforcement
- Allow freelancers to rectify their mistakes and continue working on the platform
- Generate revenue for Fiverr through fines
- Encourage freelancers to carefully review and adhere to platform policies

I believe this approach would benefit both Fiverr and the freelancer community. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
Dr Faiz

Hi there! 

Thanks for this suggestion! We are always thrilled to hear feedback from you and others who use Fiverr. I’ll be sure to pass this along to the rest of the team for consideration as we continue to brainstorm ways to improve the Fiverr experience for all. 

• Like 2

It's a great idea and I will urge Fiverr to look into it. We have sellers who have put in years of hard work to build their businesses on Fiverr with thousands of reviews and hundreds of thousands of dollars earned (for themselves and Fiverr). There should be a better way to punish all sellers without directly disabling the account. May be putting it on suspension for straight 1-3 years. 

The rules/punishments can be classified as someone earlier mentioned up same as laws in any country. There can be fines/penalties, jail terms and death penalties (permanently disabling the account). 

There should be an alternative to the account disabling. I don't know how you'll claim someone with thousands of reviews, with many years on the platform and haven't earned hundreds of thousands of dollars doesn't respect the rules and regulations. You'll see his account being disabled for miscommunication or a confrontation with a terrible buyer. Assume he's completed 5,000 jobs. So his account will be disabled due to 1/5000 wrong???

We are all humans and we all err!!!

• Like 2