Profession

Hi @Kesha So i got proffesion option of UI and UX designer, i offer UI UX but my main selling gig is Logo design, is there will be logo design profesion for me?

and also for verify and using real photo, you can see my current image right now, you can see i have hair right? im current bald (cant tell you why but i shaved it off, and will grow back in months) im afraid i will get rejected when verifying, and also this is not my usual look i dont want to post an image of me bald lol, and i dont really like posting my face online.

Is it a must to use my face?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, Kesha said:

Professions are about highlighting who you are as a freelancer, which is why a profile photo that shows your face clearly is a requirement to create a profession, as it builds trust among clients

Couldn't that lead to more bias and racial discrimination as well as more chance of ID fraud? Shouldn't professional work be enough?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 6

18 hours ago, wp_kid said:

I've opened a support ticket

Support responded to my request and reset the process for me. I followed the same steps, and this time it was successful. What a relief!

• Like 6
  • Up 2

41 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Shouldn't professional work be enough?

To be fair, it does seem that they want to have a marketplace where buyers can actually see who they are working with. There will always be people that have some type of bias, but realistically, having a photo of yourself does build trust. I can tell that from experience, since many buyers told me they went with me based on my reviews and that I also wasn't hiding behind a cartoon image or whatever. So yeah, of course there will be a lot of bias.. But I don't see it being a huge issue, and to be honest, if someone doesn't like me for the way I look, good riddance, I guess it wasn't meant for us to work together anyway if they value the appearance of someone they hire more than the quality of work.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

28 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

Support responded to my request and reset the process for me. I followed the same steps, and this time it was successful. What a relief!

Some people seemed to have gotten banned straight away which is a bit odd?

I wonder if the system itself is broken but every attempt we took (e.g. trying to open the camera in the app that didn't work) somehow counted as an attempt? So basically if you tried it too many times.... 

(I'm glad to be someone who had luck with CS as well.)

• Like 4
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, katakatica said:

have gotten banned straight

I watched a few related discussions and noticed that no one faced an immediate ban. Most people encountered similar restrictions, usually with a 14-day validation period.

It shouldn't count as multiple unless the user submits the photo/documents, so app permission isn't the issue.

As for what happened to me, I assume it occurred because I look different in real-time compared to my photo ID 😄 (clean-shaven in the photo ID vs. bearded in the real-time selfie).

• Like 4
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, ausafahmad379 said:

I am a WordPress designer and have been notified of this new feature. But when I tried to make a profession Fiverr didn't give me any suggested options on any Keyword. So what does it mean

Instead of writing, check the drop-down list. That will give you suggestions related to your profession.

• Like 4

I got the notification, and began to get set up. @Kesha I noticed a couple of things right off:

1) The "Industry" pull down list looks like it was randomly compiled from another resource. The entries are in no particular order, and have sections followed by "other" multiple times. This feature is terrible to work with. Could they possibly alphabetize the entries?

2) When I added the entries for my Portfolio, I happened to go back and spot check a couple, and some of the "Industry" entries after they were saved showed up in Spanish. I contacted CS, and their answer was "it's your computer, clear cache and cookies, etc." I suspect the developers of this initiative are the ones who could most accurately address this issue.

Spanishexample.png.6e944002dc6d8de06c496a4e637c07a5.png

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

The wording sounds familiar - it's similar to Fiverr Business and Fiverr Enterprise. "You're one of the first ones selected." They want you to feel like one of the elite few to get in on the new initiative. Then they flood the catalog with so many entries it doesn't feel very special.

Since the New Level System got put in place in February, my business on Fiverr has dropped to nothing, even though I'm a TRS, Fiverr Pro, Success Score 10. Now they want me to believe I'm something special because I'm "one of the first ones selected." If that's not a double message, I don't know what is.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 3
  • Up 5

19 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Done.

Filip, I wanted to ask in case you know, even if might sound redundant. Do they need to verify you for each profession, if you add more? I would assume it's just a single verification right? I am not adding anything for now because I am afraid of all these bugs and problems, so I'll wait for a week or two. They said the deadline is until early July right? 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Filip, I wanted to ask in case you know, even if might sound redundant. Do they need to verify you for each profession, if you add more? I would assume it's just a single verification right? I am not adding anything for now because I am afraid of all these bugs and problems, so I'll wait for a week or two. They said the deadline is until early July right? 

I think the deadline is before July 1st.
I only added 1 profession, so I don't know if you need to be verified for other professions.
In my case, the verification part was already marked OK (with a V sign). All I had to do was add a photo for my profile. Fiverr suggested my existing profile photo and I accepted their photo proposal.
I did everything on my laptop, not on my phone because I was afraid it would go wrong if I used the app on my phone.
Linking to my portfolio did not work. But after many tries I closed the profession and after reopening I noticed that the portfolio was marked OK (with a V sign).
The drop-down lists are not good. Much of it was in Spanish.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

The drop-down lists are not good. Much of it was in Spanish.

@Kesha here is another seller talking about the dropdown lists being populated with Spanish, like I experienced.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, gary513 said:

Hi @Kesha So i got proffesion option of UI and UX designer, i offer UI UX but my main selling gig is Logo design, is there will be logo design profesion for me?

and also for verify and using real photo, you can see my current image right now, you can see i have hair right? im current bald (cant tell you why but i shaved it off, and will grow back in months) im afraid i will get rejected when verifying, and also this is not my usual look i dont want to post an image of me bald lol, and i dont really like posting my face online.

Is it a must to use my face?

Hello! At this time, UI and UX is the professions available to you. Though this may not be your main gig, I would still recommend adding the profession as it can only strengthen your profile.

Also, you should be able to verify your identity regardless of your current hairstyle. If you have any issues or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Support.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ausafahmad379 said:

I am a WordPress designer and have been notified of this new feature. But when I tried to make a profession Fiverr didn't give me any suggested options on any Keyword. So what does it mean

Screenshot 2024-06-12 012326.png

Yes, you can try @donnovan86's suggestion to just select something from the drop down menu. It's likely that you'll need to select something more broad such as Website developer or Website Designer. 

• Like 5

@KeshaI've been on Fiverr for nearly 4 years. I am the highest selling profile in my field. For the first time in 4 years, I have not received an answer to my ticket for almost 2 days. Not to mention, this is the most important issue so far. We have observed before that if the profile is reactivated after being disabled, all rankings will be disrupted and gigs' performance will decrease. There are dozens of people here who think the same thing as me. Can you guarantee this? Our page was closed due to the error you experienced. Will our previous performance continue when it is opened later?

• Like 3
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I got the notification, and began to get set up. @Kesha I noticed a couple of things right off:

1) The "Industry" pull down list looks like it was randomly compiled from another resource. The entries are in no particular order, and have sections followed by "other" multiple times. This feature is terrible to work with. Could they possibly alphabetize the entries?

2) When I added the entries for my Portfolio, I happened to go back and spot check a couple, and some of the "Industry" entries after they were saved showed up in Spanish. I contacted CS, and their answer was "it's your computer, clear cache and cookies, etc." I suspect the developers of this initiative are the ones who could most accurately address this issue.

Spanishexample.png.6e944002dc6d8de06c496a4e637c07a5.png

9 hours ago, danno1950 said:

@Kesha here is another seller talking about the dropdown lists being populated with Spanish, like I experienced.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The product team has been made aware of this hiccup and will work to resolve it.

• Like 4

Just now, Kesha said:
9 hours ago, danno1950 said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The product team has been made aware of this hiccup and will work to resolve it.

Awesome, @Kesha! Thanks for passing this along to the product team.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2024 at 9:21 PM, wp_kid said:

Hello, I am also given another chance but I am anxious that it might fail.

What steps have you taken to get it to work?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

51 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

If you have valid documents, there's no need to worry. Go ahead and proceed just as you did the first time. 😄

Yes, I do have the valid documents but I am concerned that it may not work again just like it failed the first time but gonna do it.😀

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:08 AM, seo_stuff said:

I got the same option and fill my profession, when uploading my id proof it can be proceed. and then I received an email "Your information did not pass verification"

I had the same issue and got my account restricted. I was provided a second chance to redo the process but it happened again and now I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I Used my Latest Original ID and selfie although I must admit that the selfie and picture on the ID look slightly different as am older now but it's still me.

I am sad, and it looks like the new feature "Profession" just ate my TRS account.
CS has ignored my messages.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1