Do you believe that Fiverr is becoming an unstable freelance marketplace now!

On 7/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, dponzio said:

I did ask the question on the marketing that Fiverr is doing to attract buyers,  and of which quality,  in another thread but I did not get a response. I saw a few ads on youtube last year, to me they did not seem to target serious and valuable buyers.  

As an affiliate (as well as a seller and buyer) for Fiverr, I was told by a member of the team that manages affiliates that their main buyers come from the following markets (not necessarily in any order, but US is the foremost at this point). I have targeted my ads for first-time buyers accordingly:

US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Hong Kong, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Cyprus, Puerto Rico (US territory).

My own experience so far: Since I started earlier this year, I have received commissions for first-time buyers from: Namibia, Kuwait, Serbia. I also have over 700 new registrations associated with my affiliate account, overwhelmingly from Africa-Middle East-Indian subcontinent region. I was told that most of these are likely seller accounts, but FTB buyer commissions may occasionally be generated over the course of the year.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

On 7/2/2024 at 10:08 PM, vickiespencer said:

Did you know that everyone is now limited to ten posts? 

What is that supposed to solve other than cutting down the workload for the m0ds?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mark_sgp said:

As an affiliate (as well as a seller and buyer) for Fiverr, I was told by a member of the team that manages affiliates that their main buyers come from the following markets (not necessarily in any order, but US is the foremost at this point). I have targeted my ads for first-time buyers accordingly:

US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Hong Kong, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Cyprus, Puerto Rico (US territory).

My own experience so far: Since I started earlier this year, I have received commissions for first-time buyers from: Namibia, Kuwait, Serbia. I also have over 700 new registrations associated with my affiliate account, overwhelmingly from Africa-Middle East-Indian subcontinent region. I was told that most of these are likely seller accounts, but FTB buyer commissions may occasionally be generated over the course of the year.

Thanks for casting some light on the geographical sources, some of which are affluent countries - I wonder why the platform, with some rare exceptions,  attracts the most clueless, delusional and budgetless buyers. Those whose only "business plan" seems to try to get free or bottom cost services, and of course they expect the highest quality and 24/7, immediate assistance. Those who have grandiose plans, but miss $50 for a professional online consultation. Was it the platform's marketing that convinced them to be able to get everything at zero cost? At least this happens in my service segment, which is B2B business development and sourcing. What do you think?

Edited by dponzio
  • Like 6

Not sure, but Fiverr only requires payment when you actually buy something, whereas its main competitors either operate on a subscription basis or force the seller to bid for clients (this doesn't necessarily curtail scams or problems with clients).

I also think that a significant percentage of new sellers are from countries that are relatively low income/per capita GDP (PPP), and often "ridiculously cheap" pricing by North American or European standards (as a benchmark) equates to significant money in the local currencies of those countries. If buyers expect that pricing, or are from lower income countries, I can see where that becomes an issue.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do I care? Fiverr doesn't give a D about anybody. They certainly don't care about me or the many people who are suddenly scrambling to shore up their lost revenue after being quiet fired. At no fault of their own.
Unstable, really? You don't say...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rudyabel said:

What do I care? Fiverr doesn't give a D about anybody. They certainly don't care about me or the many people who are suddenly scrambling to shore up their lost revenue after being quiet fired. At no fault of their own.
Unstable, really? You don't say...

Well said. I have heard this from 2 other sellers on Fiverr in the audio/musician category, and been shown screenshots of an email chain showing exactly how little they care.

I'd also like to know where I submit my private feedback and review for my (ex) success manager 

• Like 5

I have been working on Fiverr for the past 9 years. Earlier there was a provision of viewing buyer requests and placing your offer on them without any intermediary. In most other freelancing sites, this feature is still there. However, Fiverr comes up with a new feature every now and then just to make more bucks, without realizing that if the seller will not get much work, how will they get their cut? 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Fiverr doesn't care about being a ''for the people''  freelance site anymore.

In an effort to protect the buyer [which is fair] they've gone overboard and applied a blanketing [q?] approach when it comes to new sellers/not top-sellers.

They've increased the need for vetting and the qualifications needed for said 'vetting'. 
All of which are incredibly invasive and unreasonable for the average seller.

I understand the need to verify your sellers in order to decrease problems and scams, but this is absurd.
But people are quite literally being allowed to use AI in their artwork on Fiverr.
Meanwhile, I cannot even use the subcategory of Books/E-books without needing to post my entire writing career history and documentation.

• Like 3