Success Score has to go or be revamped

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Yep, 100% what I said. there is a slight outrage at first, people adapt and then nothing happens. They might do a quick adjustment and that's it. But the review system or that major change they made, that stays. 

You don't have access to the private data left by customers, so there's no way you have 100% of the info. The only way you have 100% of the info is when you made all those purchases, you know exactly what private data you left.. But that would be against the rules and would get you banned. So assuming that's not the case, you have no way of knowing exactly what people said in private. I had only 5 star reviews for half a year, but my buyer satisfaction rate was very low, according to my success manager from Fiverr. The idea is that you see only public stuff, in private people can easily rush and leave a bad private review without even knowing. Or they ignore it, and if you have just a single, bad private review and no public ones, then your account is damaged quite a lot. 

Well I'll have to say it again: I had all the data for my tests.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, san_barrionuevo said:

I totally agree with this.

In my case, I have been here for 10 years, I have become a Top Rated Seller with thousands of positive reviews and since they launched the new system, my new Level is 0.

In just one day, apparently I went from being one of the best sellers on the site to the same level as someone who is just starting out or worse.

The funny thing is that no matter how well I do my job, this score does not update. As I understand it, this value is updated daily but it has not moved a bit since day one.

I just hope they know what they're doing.

They clearly don't know what they're doing with Success Score metric, and I'm 100% sure of that, that's why I started this thread. They need to know at least one user is seeing right through their mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gbrl_c said:

It might be the reason they're not sharing it with us.

Obviously. Anything that was shared for years and years, it was always manipulated by sellers. 

3 minutes ago, gbrl_c said:

It's not a good impression to new buyers and sellers if they come to check the forums and find many veterans with a "looser" mindset (no offense here), as if they lost way too many battles and lost hope of changing and exposing what's wrong with the platform.

Not a lot of buyers enter the forum. Most people are very busy and just don't have time for this. They don't have time to share requirements properly in a lot of cases, let alone enter the forum. In my experience, most buyers entering the forum either are unsure of some features, complain about a seller or a feature. 

It doesn't matter what veterans here think, because Fiverr itself will not change the way we want. Investors and people with financial interest in the company, stockholders will determine the path. You can share your problems here and maybe someone sees them. 

1 minute ago, gbrl_c said:

Well I'll have to say it again: I had all the data for my tests.

Private data too? If not, the tests won't be concrete, because private data is what ends up dictating a lot of the success score. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaden_barton said:

The issue here is the lack of transparency.

We can control every other metric on the level system EXCEPT for the success score. Yet it is the one that negatively affects so many sellers on the platform. Fiverr has been boasting about their new improvement in regards to 'transparency' with the new level system but they forgot to fix transparency. 

Why does the review system even exist if the success score dictates everything about the gig?

Success Score and transparency are two things that don't mix, just like water and oil. It's clear they're hiding things - probably on purpose. There are many sellers contacting them trying to understand what this metric is exactly about.

• Like 1

Just now, gbrl_c said:

They clearly don't know what they're doing with Success Score metric, and I'm 100% sure of that, that's why I started this thread. They need to know at least one user is seeing right through their mess.

It's one thing to be unhappy about a change.. but this... You do realize this is a platform you are working on as an independent contractor right? You don't have a contract, you are not an employee, nor you are hired by them. It's like working with Nike on a single project, that doesn't make you their employee, nor can you dictate where the company is going. Sure, you can share ideas, but do you really think someone will listen? 

As you can see from people who have been here for years, including me, Cat and others, historically Fiverr makes changes to the platform, people complain a bit and adapt. And realistically, it's their platform, they get to choose what they want to do with it and where it goes. We don't really have a say, we can share suggestions and sometimes they implement them. Which does happen sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Just now, gbrl_c said:

It's clear they're hiding things - probably on purpose.

Again, people manipulate things. And if you buy on Fiverr, you will see that Fiverr clearly says to buyers that their private reviews will not be shared with anyone. They promise buyers to not share their reviews, so that's why they are hiding that info. And of course, the main reason is to have a way for them to acquire more data to feed the success score. As Cat said, there are a LOT of people that are level 2 and with a gig that has 5 stars on average. Try to see from a buyer's perspective.. I wanted to buy something myself and had to go with a local option because on Fiverr there were only 5 star people with some really bad reviews, and whose responses didn't build confidence. When you want to hire someone in the writing field and they have consistent grammar changes, yet they have over 1k great reviews... there's no wonder something needs to happen. 

I don't agree with the entirety of their changes. But you clearly weren't here before if you say there's no transparency. At least now we know a score and we even have a score for every gig, we know how Fiverr sees that gig. Before this change, we had to go to the success manager to figure out why we don't have orders, which is a paid service by the way. And they didn't say a score, they just said the buyer satisfaction rate is low.  I don't think the success score is perfect, and there will always be private data hidden from the sellers, for both reasons mentioned above. 

You want the success score to be revamped, maybe it will, but remember that while it can get better, it can also go the other way too, with even more anti-seller changes 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Obviously. Anything that was shared for years and years, it was always manipulated by sellers. 

Not a lot of buyers enter the forum. Most people are very busy and just don't have time for this. They don't have time to share requirements properly in a lot of cases, let alone enter the forum. In my experience, most buyers entering the forum either are unsure of some features, complain about a seller or a feature. 

It doesn't matter what veterans here think, because Fiverr itself will not change the way we want. Investors and people with financial interest in the company, stockholders will determine the path. You can share your problems here and maybe someone sees them. 

Private data too? If not, the tests won't be concrete, because private data is what ends up dictating a lot of the success score. 

Ok, so it's their job to find ways for sellers not to manipulate it. The wrong move is to hide almost completely what they're doing and provide us with a terrible AI system.

Not all buyers enter the forum, but those that do enter, and end up in a thread like this, will rethink placing their order I'm sure of it. Especially when they see veterans dropping their weapons. And yes, this is what I'm doing here, sharing my problems and their problems, because a flaw like this is not only my concern, but Fiverr's and other sellers as well. I'm trying to make a noise for them to at least read it. What they'll do after that is not in my hands, I know that, but keeping my mouth shut will increase the chances of them doing nothing by 100% on my end. I'm doing my part, that's all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's one thing to be unhappy about a change.. but this... You do realize this is a platform you are working on as an independent contractor right? You don't have a contract, you are not an employee, nor you are hired by them. It's like working with Nike on a single project, that doesn't make you their employee, nor can you dictate where the company is going. Sure, you can share ideas, but do you really think someone will listen? 

As you can see from people who have been here for years, including me, Cat and others, historically Fiverr makes changes to the platform, people complain a bit and adapt. And realistically, it's their platform, they get to choose what they want to do with it and where it goes. We don't really have a say, we can share suggestions and sometimes they implement them. Which does happen sometimes. 

If they don't listen, at least I did my part of sharing what's wrong. And this is not about me being happy or unhappy about a change, I'm pointing a flaw in their AI.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gbrl_c said:

It's not a good impression to new buyers and sellers if they come to check the forums and find many veterans with a "looser" mindset (no offense here), as if they lost way too many battles and lost hope of changing and exposing what's wrong with the platform.

Stay on the forum a little longer, and you'll get a much worse impression.

The forum is a mess.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Again, people manipulate things. And if you buy on Fiverr, you will see that Fiverr clearly says to buyers that their private reviews will not be shared with anyone. They promise buyers to not share their reviews, so that's why they are hiding that info. And of course, the main reason is to have a way for them to acquire more data to feed the success score. As Cat said, there are a LOT of people that are level 2 and with a gig that has 5 stars on average. Try to see from a buyer's perspective.. I wanted to buy something myself and had to go with a local option because on Fiverr there were only 5 star people with some really bad reviews, and whose responses didn't build confidence. When you want to hire someone in the writing field and they have consistent grammar changes, yet they have over 1k great reviews... there's no wonder something needs to happen. 

I don't agree with the entirety of their changes. But you clearly weren't here before if you say there's no transparency. At least now we know a score and we even have a score for every gig, we know how Fiverr sees that gig. Before this change, we had to go to the success manager to figure out why we don't have orders, which is a paid service by the way. And they didn't say a score, they just said the buyer satisfaction rate is low.  I don't think the success score is perfect, and there will always be private data hidden from the sellers, for both reasons mentioned above. 

You want the success score to be revamped, maybe it will, but remember that while it can get better, it can also go the other way too, with even more anti-seller changes 🙂 

See, as I told Cat, I get it if they want to reduce the number of Level 2 sellers for the reason you mentioned. But in this process, they're hurting new sellers as well. And we already know it was hard to climb as a new seller prior to these changes. I don't care about what level I am, I just want the system to be correct about the quality of the orders I'm delivering, and reflect it on my profile, because this is the only way a new seller have any chance to grow.

Oh so you had to pay to understand the data from your own work? Jesus...

• Like 1

Hey @gbrl_c - It's nice to see a new face here. I just wanted to pop in with a bit of advice really quickly. My suggestion would be to write a message in your thread directly to Fiverr in the future, and then leave the thread. Unfortunitly, as I am sure you've noticed, there are quite a few people loitering here who LIVE for getting into ?debates? like the above. It will ruin your day, trust me. And absolutely NO good will come of it, in turn, it will just sour your impression of the platform and its community even further. The people who are successful on Fiverr, running businesses by themselves or with their teams, or with the help of AI - are far too busy to sit on this forum all day and rage on every thread that pops up.

You really don't want to get sucked into a back and forth on here as it will truly damage your impression of Fiverr as a whole and make you feel defeated. I started selling on Fiverr one year ago, and I am one Success Score point away for Top Rated Seller level. Just keep your head down and take the opportunities you receive, then make the most of them and before you know it, you'll have to make Fiverr your full-time gig or expand your team. A job, whatever it is, freelance or employee, literally does not matter in the long run. What is important is self improvement and growth on your own journey as someone who offers a 'service'. ALWAYS focus on having a good time and doing your best, overthinking things that are out of your control will only get you down, however that does not mean do not share your opinion or personal perspective. Just do it in a kind and respectful way, and then walk away. You are valued, and your observations and opinion matter, and help make a change for the better. Going back and forth with the shadows on here does nothing. Trust me. 

Just have a good look at this forum and the profiles of certain individuals, and you'll quickly realize the difference between those who rise to the top, and those who who sit on forums all day complaining about why they can't see light anymore after digging for 10+ years. This forum is a dark place. Seriously. Drop your suggestions here directly to Fiverr, and avoid the trolls hiding under the bridge. They'll do anything they can to add to your frustrations and leave a terrible impression. Fiverr is what you make of it, yes it has limitations and it is not perfect in any way. Like at all. But once you stop caring, and just enjoy the opportunities you get and the fast-tracked learning that comes alongside all of this, you'll soon realise that the value is not at all in being a Pro Seller with a few badges and c**p on your profile, or having a perfect success score. It's about you, learning and growing, and the connections you make with the clients you service - making some money on the side, all the while. And who knows, if you do things right, and you're lucky, with a dash of talent and optimism - you'll be a free human with a steady flow of income far greater than you could have ever imagined. Heck, you might even be able to help others and expand your team, further adding value and building a community around yourself. 

Stay with the times. Adopt AI to streamline your processes and help with your business as much as possible (just like how Fiverr is doing), without using it unethically in any way. And avoid this place, most of all. Haha, I'm rooting for you dude! Seriously, you can make a lot of progress in life on here, and hopefully, not end up like certain users on this forum. Luckily they serve as  GREAT examples., of exactly, what not to do.

🖤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chris_era said:

Hey @gbrl_c - It's nice to see a new face here. I just wanted to pop in with a bit of advice really quickly. My suggestion would be to write a message in your thread directly to Fiverr in the future, and then leave the thread. Unfortunitly, as I am sure you've noticed, there are quite a few people loitering here who LIVE for getting into ?debates? like the above. It will ruin your day, trust me. And absolutely NO good will come of it, in turn, it will just sour your impression of the platform and its community even further. The people who are successful on Fiverr, running businesses by themselves or with their teams, or with the help of AI - are far too busy to sit on this forum all day and rage on every thread that pops up.

You really don't want to get sucked into a back and forth on here as it will truly damage your impression of Fiverr as a whole and make you feel defeated. I started selling on Fiverr one year ago, and I am one Success Score point away for Top Rated Seller level. Just keep your head down and take the opportunities you receive, then make the most of them and before you know it, you'll have to make Fiverr your full-time gig or expand your team. A job, whatever it is, freelance or employee, literally does not matter in the long run. What is important is self improvement and growth on your own journey as someone who offers a 'service'. ALWAYS focus on having a good time and doing your best, overthinking things that are out of your control will only get you down, however that does not mean do not share your opinion or personal perspective. Just do it in a kind and respectful way, and then walk away. You are valued, and your observations and opinion matter, and help make a change for the better. Going back and forth with the shadows on here does nothing. Trust me. 

Just have a good look at this forum and the profiles of certain individuals, and you'll quickly realize the difference between those who rise to the top, and those who who sit on forums all day complaining about why they can't see light anymore after digging for 10+ years. This forum is a dark place. Seriously. Drop your suggestions here directly to Fiverr, and avoid the trolls hiding under the bridge. They'll do anything they can to add to your frustrations and leave a terrible impression. Fiverr is what you make of it, yes it has limitations and it is not perfect in any way. Like at all. But once you stop caring, and just enjoy the opportunities you get and the fast-tracked learning that comes alongside all of this, you'll soon realise that the value is not at all in being a Pro Seller with a few badges and c**p on your profile, or having a perfect success score. It's about you, learning and growing, and the connections you make with the clients you service - making some money on the side, all the while. And who knows, if you do things right, and you're lucky, with a dash of talent and optimism - you'll be a free human with a steady flow of income far greater than you could have ever imagined. Heck, you might even be able to help others and expand your team, further adding value and building a community around yourself. 

Stay with the times. Adopt AI to streamline your processes and help with your business as much as possible (just like how Fiverr is doing), without using it unethically in any way. And avoid this place, most of all. Haha, I'm rooting for you dude! Seriously, you can make a lot of progress in life on here, and hopefully, not end up like certain users on this forum. Luckily they serve as  GREAT examples., of exactly, what not to do.

🖤

Hey Chris, you said it all in the best possible way. I'll follow your advice because I noticed I'm already having to repeat myself pointlessly. Only reason I'm doing it is because I have a week off my main job, and as a relatively new seller I don't have much gigs going on right now. Still, it is a waste of time arguing about the same things over and over. I've achieved what I wanted from this thread and now I'm walking away from forums for a while to focus on improving.

Thank you so much for your kind and smart words, and for all the well placed advices as well. Take care!

• Like 2

Just now, gbrl_c said:

Hey Chris, you said it all in the best possible way...

No stress dude! You got this! Take the time to watch some videos on Youtube from some of the top dogs on Fiverr, and use the extra time to continuously refine your profile, from the thumbnails to the descriptions. You'll soon realize that the metrics, badges and scores are nothing but ways to gamify your responsibilities here. Games are meant to be played, and with a bit of practice, and a lot of patience, you'll reach new heights - not just on here, but in yourself as a professional as well. Do not compare yourself to others on the platform, and simply enjoy the journey because I promise you - before you know it, you'll be on an island somewhere living your best without a second thought of any of the things that hold other people back from progressing in any way. You got this dude! 🖤

(Aaaaaand I'm gone. Lol, I REALLY don't need to see any other responses to this thread! Haha, I have a beach to get to) 

• Like 2

Hey @gbrl_c, just a quick one for some context here: back in January, Chris posted a suggestion in the Seller Plus forum, got into an argument with some forum users whose replies he didn't like, started insulting them, and the topic was locked by a m0d. He's still holding a grudge against those users, it seems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris_era said:

Or did I ask Fiverr to lock the thread because these trolls were taking an innocent feature suggestion and turn it into a battleground to express their own shortcomings all the wile insulting everyone at Fiverr

Chris, no one is insulting you. It's just a forum and people express their suggestions. Just like in real life, not everyone will agree with everything, it's human nature. And the same thing here, I for one agree that the success score system is not perfect. It uses a lot of private data, and we don't have access to that. On the other hand, it does show more info and stats that we had before as a seller. 

Based on my experience though, within 10 years whenever Fiverr changed something, few to no changes were made after the fact based on user feedback. So while it's great to have people ask for changes, historically Fiverr doesn't really make any major modifications. And to be honest, since the success score release... there was significant outrage for half a month, and since then things calmed down. Customers got accustomed to the new review system, sellers started understanding the new success score.

You will see some topics here and there stating people are upset because their success score is going down. But as I said in my other posts, I hope this topic will be seen by someone at Fiverr and it fulfills the purpose of the OP. Unfortunately I doubt anyone with deciding power like the CEO or shareholders browse the forum. That's why many suggestions are shared with Fiverr staff, yet they never get implemented. I specifically requested to all Fiverr staff I could get in touch with to allow us a way to lock gig packages, so people won't buy more than 1x the gig package, right now people can buy 20x that gig package if they want and the deadline is still for 1x. Obviously, that is a huge issue if someone either makes an order by mistake or they actually think you can do 20x the work in 1x and not 20x the time. I suggested that thing 6+ years ago, many times since then, but it wasn't implemented, even if other freelancing sites have it. 

So yeah, don't think anyone is shutting people down. I, for one, added a touch of realism based on my experience and what I suggested. Even in this case, Fiverr is clearly taking a stance against low quality sellers, since they tried to find ways in order to have way less people with perfect 5 star ratings and level 2. They focus a lot on private metrics and that is one of the reasons why success scores vary so much, it's more than just public data. 

PS: Writers tend to reply more because we have a tendency to write more than most people, it's in our DNA. However, we are all a positive community here and we want everyone to achieve success. Realistically though, there are tons of meksells, people that just come here to make money without any skill, and which manipulate the systems to their benefit. It's one of the main reasons why the platform is bogged down with 5 star gigs, even if the skills of those people are questionable. But with reviews for canceled orders, the new review system and success score, you see a lot of those accounts slowly getting pushed back and not being in the spotlight. I can only assume that's why they made such changes, because many buyers were complaining about their inability to choose a professional. It's sad that there are also other victims, people with genuine skill that also end up affected by the changes, either by random cancellations or people not reading gig info, etc. So hopefully they revamp that in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1