How to Use Social Media to Promote Your Freelance Business

8 minutes ago, venonusa said:

other Fiverr sellers have responded to this in the past by saying:
Why should I do that with the Fiverr service when it is possible to do the same thing by directly linking to a service page on a personal website? so as to save the 20% Fiverr fee...

Hey, it's not me saying these things, but they are the voices of other sellers who have responded in the past.

I think most Fiverr sellers expect Fiverr to give traffic directly to Fiverr sellers' gigs...

Of course! Some sellers prefer managing their social media leads without involving Fiverr. While this is a viable option, many sellers prefer migrating their buyers to Fiverr for the added protection and assistance such as Customer Support mediation, fund protection, etc. It's all preference, of course!

• Like 17

36 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Of course! Some sellers prefer managing their social media leads without involving Fiverr. While this is a viable option, many sellers prefer migrating their buyers to Fiverr for the added protection and assistance such as Customer Support mediation, fund protection, etc. It's all preference, of course!

I agree with you, but please don't write "Customer Support mediation" because every time I contact customer support, they tell me that they cannot solve the problem, even though I show them that the work has been done correctly... then at at the end of the day customer service refunds the order.... and I worked for free....

In my opinion, customer service for sellers and customer service for buyers should improve, checking order by order so as to be able to refund the client if the order was not done correctly or deliver the order because the seller delivered the order as a Fiverr description.

• Like 25

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2024 at 3:28 AM, nickj2013 said:

When promoting on social media, always remember every platform is different. And therefore, your gig promos have to match the platform you're using at the time. What works for Instagram, might not 'pop' on Twitter. And vice versa.

Can I share my gig on LinkedIn? 

• Like 15

This is a fantastic and insightful guide! Especially the point about providing valuable content beyond just promotion. I've been trying to focus on sharing industry tips and tricks on my social media, and I've definitely seen an increase in engagement. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 13

On 4/19/2024 at 8:32 PM, Kesha said:

While this isn't a bad strategy per se, it should be coupled with several of the other tips mentioned above if you want to get the best results! Doing these things alone may be seen as spam to many and can have adverse effects. Also, concerning hashtags, each platform has a recommended amount of hashtags to use. More isn't always better when it comes to hashtags so it's important to follow the best practices of the platform you are using. 

Well, this entire discussion is really informative.

I'd like to add some points I follow. I don't know if it's the best practice or not, but it helped me.
I like to post on 4-5 social media platforms about one gig every morning, about another gig in the evening and about another one at the night. They are not just Ai made content or just links. I share my tricks about different error fixing, thoughts about updates, tricks on my gig niche. It helps my gigs to get more impression and clicks.

I usually don't use more than 5-8 relevant hashtags.

• Like 14

On 6/26/2024 at 2:46 PM, wpressgurubd said:

I'd like to add some points I follow. I don't know if it's the best practice or not, but it helped me.
I like to post on 4-5 social media platforms about one gig every morning, about another gig in the evening and about another one at the night. They are not just Ai made content or just links. I share my tricks about different error fixing, thoughts about updates, tricks on my gig niche. It helps my gigs to get more impression and clicks.

Thanks for giving us insight on what your strategy looks like. I think this well approach is a great tactic for all sellers to learn from. 

• Like 12

On 6/27/2024 at 2:46 AM, wpressgurubd said:

I like to post on 4-5 social media platforms about one gig every morning, about another gig in the evening and about another one at the night.

I call this spamming. 

• Like 10
  • Up 3

On 6/27/2024 at 12:16 AM, wpressgurubd said:

I like to post on 4-5 social media platforms about one gig every morning, about another gig in the evening and about another one at the night.

My sincere sympathies to people on your social network(s). 

Why do you spam them everyday?? Why do they need to see your business twice a day?? 

• Like 12
  • Up 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2024 at 8:46 AM, wpressgurubd said:

You opened your Fiverr account 11 months ago and have 17 reviews, 14 of which are from the same buyer account.

Let's say your actual order count is double the amount of your reviews: 34. That's maybe three orders per month and less than one per week.

But, you are posting tips with links to your Fiverr gigs on social media roughly 15 times per week, assuming that's only on one platform.

That just seems like way too much work for very little return, sadly. I guess all that matters is that you feel good about your impressions and clicks, though.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7
  • Up 5

So I might have a little bit of a hot take here (when don't I .... I know) but I feel like if I had a large online presence that I could market to I wouldn't need Fiverr in the first place. I certainly wouldn't need to be paying fiverr specifically to promote me right? I pay Fiverr per click to advertise on my behalf just to see a message saying I should go advertise myself to help get orders. Also I offer a digital service (graphic design). Places like Facebook do not allow you to sell or market digital goods or services.

• Like 7
  • Up 3

• 1 month later...